Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jamie going nowhere

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Good stuff, who is next?

T P, good lad hey, marvellous news, bloody marvellous. Now for Grundy, that's our next big effort, we cannot lose him. Sign him, and I might just have a couple of Jimmy Beams with ya ! Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am

BazBoy wrote:
Lets look not at size but the advantage of having two exceptional forwards

The combo of Lynch and Riewoldt can devistate a back line taking best and second best backs allowing mids and others more chances

Same with JDG and Billy they require attention from two good defence to stop them getting to space and using their hard attack and swift scoring

AND young Stephenson too, a great 3 pronged attack, plus Mihocek and Cox too. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:56 am

Tour of Brisbane facility probably made him realise how poor bne are.. plus with a much tougher draw next year they might not even play finals.....
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Great news. Yeah, tour of Brisbane definitely helped make his decision. I reckon they weren't 100% confident with his fitness and didn't give Billy confidence he'd be getting regular games.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Fantastic news that Elliott has rejected greater financial offers in favour of remaining loyal to the club.

Even better news that we didn't waiver from our offer of two years (albeit it's possible we have had to increase the remuneration) as anything longer would have been irresponsible IMO.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 pm

The wife and I love Jamie almost as much as the Pies !

Superstar !
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
It's great news for us, Jamie and for the whole culture and spirit amongst our players.

Yep. It's such a relief to know that values like loyalty and camaraderie are still strong despite the absurd commercialization of AFL. Thank you Billy!!!!!!
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:23 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
... Thank you Billy!!!!!!

Or thank his mother for living in Vic. Wink

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-there-was-no-place-like-home-for-jamie-elliott-20191008-p52yt8.html
K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Jamie Elliott explains why he stayed with the Pies

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jamie-elliott-explains-why-he-stayed-with-the-pies-20200304-p546xi.html

“I wanted the best for my body, and [asked myself] ‘was that at Collingwood?’ I think I’ve made the right decision to stay. It’s very settled there, whereas if I move clubs, obviously I’ve got to meet new medical staff, and they’ve got to get to know my body. That was one reason why I stayed. Family are very close here, that was another [factor]. But at the end of the day I love the club and I want to ultimately win a premiership. I feel like we’re in a really good window now and had a really good opportunity to do that.”
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:50 pm

K wrote:
Jamie Elliott explains why he stayed with the Pies

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jamie-elliott-explains-why-he-stayed-with-the-pies-20200304-p546xi.html

“I wanted the best for my body, and [asked myself] ‘was that at Collingwood?’ I think I’ve made the right decision to stay. It’s very settled there, whereas if I move clubs, obviously I’ve got to meet new medical staff, and they’ve got to get to know my body. That was one reason why I stayed. Family are very close here, that was another [factor]. But at the end of the day I love the club and I want to ultimately win a premiership. I feel like we’re in a really good window now and had a really good opportunity to do that.”

Great to hear. We need a fit and firing Jamie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: