Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Eddie vountarily step down now ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

in Craig Kelly
out Eddie
Croat_Pie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:53 pm

I agree with the OP.
Ed's been great for the club, but I think it should be getting close to the end of his tenure. The club is in a great place off-field finance wise, so I think it's time he should hand over the reins to someone competent to continue the good work.

I don't agree with the whole 5 grannies for 1 win nonsense. Not his responsibility to slot them in 30-40 from goal, directly in front.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm

I haven't read anything specific about Ed's role as President, which people are unhappy with.

Fundamentally, we have a very strong, stable club, performing well on and off the field.

The calls for Ed to step down seem to come from people frustrated at us not winning another flag. That's a player and/or coaching issue, not a reflection of the President.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
Achilles wrote:
One could argue he's the reason we've been successful since he took over. Five grand finals, god knows how many top 8s. I'd only want him to step down if someone of his caliber could fill the void. Having said that, he does annoy me a bit when he doesn't engage brain before mouth.

1 GF win out of 5 over 20 years is not successful (I'm glad we got 1).

Define success as it ain't Premierships for a supposedly great sporting club and 2 GF wins last 60 years.

Sorry but these are facts and something has to change!!!
[/u]

No they not.

2 flags in 29 years and 3 in 61 - are the facts.
2 in 60 is just a deliberate misrepresentation designed to alarm.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ummmm......basket case? A Grand Finalist last year and a Preliminary Finalist this year, doesn't suggest we are a basket case, something you seem to be alluding to, in your Richmond analogy. Given we lost both games by a kick, it tells me that we are very close to winning a flag. Maybe we'll win it next year, maybe we won't, but ffs, we need to acknowledge what we've achieved these past couple of years, and look to build on it and improve, so we can win the ultimate prize, which clearly is within our reach. Let's not have hysterics over us not winning the flag. I like your passion pnc, but seriously, your commentary is rather weird, given our recent performances.

100% correct.
And how did drastic improvement start - because at the end of 2017 nobody was predicting a GF and Prelim with 2 Top 4 finishes in successive years.

Eddie - of course doing a review of the club.

So Eddie through his drive to win instigated a review that produced change that opened up the premiership window.

No mean feat -

When he loses this ability to read the tea leaves it will be time for him to go.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:41 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Achilles wrote:
One could argue he's the reason we've been successful since he took over. Five grand finals, god knows how many top 8s. I'd only want him to step down if someone of his caliber could fill the void. Having said that, he does annoy me a bit when he doesn't engage brain before mouth.

Define success as it ain't Premierships for a supposedly great sporting club and 2 GF wins last 60 years.

[/u]

No they not.

Whether it's 1 in 20 or 2 in 29 OR 2 in 60 or 3 in 61, is a huge alarm in itself.

I don't have an issue which way you represent these figures. The point is for a great club that we are, these are shocking GF figures that are not improving and that's a fact.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I haven't read anything specific about Ed's role as President, which people are unhappy with.

Skimping on a real ruck coach
Not getting the best medicos to halt our injury crisis
Kicking out Balme and bringing in Gubby

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm

BEAMER09 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

[/u]

No they not.

Whether it's 1 in 20 or 2 in 29 OR 2 in 60 or 3 in 61, is a huge alarm in itself.

I don't have an issue which way you represent these figures. The point is for a great club that we are, these are shocking GF figures that are not improving and that's a fact.

When we won in 1990 we hadn’t won a GF in 32 years.
We lost 66,70,77,79,80,81 and won our 7th in 1990x

We’ve now won 2 in 29 years.
We lost ,02,03 and won 2010.

So not only have we improved our strike rate between GF wins we have also halved the time between flags.

You can say what you like but the numbers don’t support you.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 pm

90 nice wrote:
Please email this to the club

You do it
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

[/u]

No they not.

So not only have we improved our strike rate between GF wins we have also halved the time between flags.

I took it from 1960.
You took it from 1959 (since our last Premiership in 1958 which is how these figures have come about)

The numbers support me.
The numbers support you.

Why? cause the numbers are fact for both of us.

As for the strike rate and for a huge club like Collingwood, halving our strike rate is not good enough given the GF losses in between.
This could very well turn around in the next 5 years but the club has to be ruthless and have a killer instinct about it to make it happen. When will this happen and when will this turn as it hasn't happened or turned in 61 years.

I'm sure you're sick of it, just like I am and I presume others are as well.

Facts are facts and if it's not right above then please correct me...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 pm

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The Balme/Gubby fiasco was the low point in Ed's Presidency imo. I don't know if Pebbles is a good ruck coach or not, and despite our injury problems, we have top medicos at our club and are even willing to fly players to Germany when necessary, for medical attention, so we can't blame the club for skimping in this area.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The Balme/Gubby fiasco was the low point in Ed's Presidency imo. I don't know if Pebbles is a good ruck coach or not, and despite our injury problems, we have top medicos at our club and are even willing to fly players to Germany when necessary, for medical attention, so we can't blame the club for skimping in this area.

A life of frustration is inevitable for any club, player, coach, supporter or President whose main enjoyment is winning. I think the best solution to this problem is the hardest for us supporters to carry, and that is waiting patiently for the GF success to happen. I feel that a few posters here have exhausted their patience. I'm not one of them but I don't blame those who have reached that point. To me, if the club is aggressive and single minded during the trade/draft period, maybe that will go a long way towards solving the problem. With late picks, they need to find some genuine talented gems.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:44 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

[/u]

No they not.

I took it from 1960.
You took it from 1959 (since our last Premiership in 1958 which is how these figures have come about)

The numbers support me.
The numbers support you.

Why? cause the numbers are fact for both of us.

As for the strike rate and for a huge club like Collingwood, halving our strike rate is not good enough given the GF losses in between.
This could very well turn around in the next 5 years but the club has to be ruthless and have a killer instinct about it to make it happen. When will this happen and when will this turn as it hasn't happened or turned in 61 years.

I'm sure you're sick of it, just like I am and I presume others are as well.

Facts are facts and if it's not right above then please correct me...

Killer instinct - it’s the great fallacy amongst supporters.
I’ve just given stats that show that we’ve improved our strike rate between flags from 1 in 8 to 1 in 3.
Killer instinct is just rubbish and a concocted catch cry to belt the club with.
It’s just a vague and unactionable phrase people assume offer flags success.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:20 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Killer instinct - it’s the great fallacy amongst supporters.
I’ve just given stats that show that we’ve improved our strike rate between flags from 1 in 8 to 1 in 3.
Killer instinct is just rubbish and a concocted catch cry to belt the club with.

Word.

Last edited by Cam on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Cam wrote:
[quote="ThePieMind"Killer instinct - it’s the great fallacy amongst supporters.

Word.[/quote]

Mate our overall Premiership ratio too seasons, being not too bad, Is really totally reliant on the incredible Four in a Row team, 1927-1930, that proud record has always inflated our premiership glory count. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: