Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Me & PnC told you guys, RICH are too good, they've won 12 on the trot (13 after today) & we've been riddled with injuries.
No way we would've been able to contain their ferocity today.

I'm not even watching the game just getting the vibes from here.

Everyone here needs to be angry with 2018 & letting that game slip through our fingers not last week where we played shit!

Think i called it too

My apologies to you & others who I may have missed.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:36 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
derkd wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Me & PnC told you guys, RICH are too good, they've won 12 on the trot (13 after today) & we've been riddled with injuries.
No way we would've been able to contain their ferocity today.

I'm not even watching the game just getting the vibes from here.

Everyone here needs to be angry with 2018 & letting that game slip through our fingers not last week where we played shit!

Think i called it too

My apologies to you & others who I may have missed.

All good mate... I say it with no joy by the way...We are a club that needs to be killer and four quater... a d for god sake not.peak too early...start the season slowly if needs be...lose a few early...

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Those people who say we dodged a bullet by not being there are WEAK!

How bloody pathetic a club have we become if we wish not to play on the big day just because we're scared of losing to the biggest and best football club in Australia (prove me wrong Collingwood!).

Sorry, but could it be that such attitudes from our supporters are reasons why we keep losing the big one?

And we need to ask why we are no longer a destination club. Several players have asked for trades already, and they want to go everywhere other than us. I wonder why? Rolling Eyes

Just imagine if we had been serious about chasing Lynch.
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Perhaps we start becoming ruthless in our recruiting & stop getting ex-Collingwood players back at the Club.

Go down to Deer Park, they've won 7 GFs in a row.
Poach someone from over there, LOL!

roxymeg 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I commented on another thread, but it seems to have been deleted???

Anyway, here's a summary of my thoughts on our disastrous Prelim performance, as I prepare to watch today's Grannie.

A week has past now since we were bullied out of the Prelim, and I feel worse now than I did a week ago. If you've followed the Pies for 6 decades, as I have, you become used to losing finals, but this loss was different. I still can't get my head around the fact that none, not a single one, of our 'elite' midfielders - Pendles, Treloar, Sidey and Adams - fired a shot in the Prelim. I could accept one or two of them getting tagged out of the game, but ffs not all four.

But I'm not disappointed, I'm frigging angry. For three quarters we allowed the Giants to play harder and tougher, with us being smashed at stoppages, despite us having the absolute dominance of Grundy in the ruck. Our footy department needs to conduct a phucking Royal Commission into the dismal performance of our midfield brigade. Our spirited final quarter come back simply rubbed salt into our wounds. Where was that effort in the first three quarters?

Fair dinkum, we had the talent to win the Prelim and then to go on and smash the Tigers in the Grannie. The reason we didn't was not because of a lack of talent, but a lack of heart. We simply have too many players who go missing when the going gets tough. For the 2nd year in a row our midfield group (with the exception of Adams who played well in last year's Grannie), allowed the opposition to smash us at stoppages, despite us having the dominant ruckman. That is simply not phucking good enough.

It will take a long time, at least all of next year, before I have any confidence in our midfield group to stand up in the heat of battle, when we need it most, in September. I never thought I'd ever say it, but to my mind, with a few exceptions, our team is soft. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but there it is. And if we think this weakness will be solved by the development of our dwarfs in Callum Brown, Josh Daicos and Noble then we are well and truly phucked. We need players who are strong in body and strong in mind.

Anyway, I hope Toby Greene wins the Norm Smith today, just to stick it up the AFL. Twisted Evil

This is a good post, and says it all for me.Particularly the Brown, Daicos and Noble part. We are a soft team.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:11 pm

great to see the tears of GWS players....told you Grand Final is out of your depth, you orange shits.
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:50 pm

In Baseball (& I know it's not relevant in AFL but kinda ties in with the current conversation) the Scouts/Recruiters when looking at players look at 2 things:

1. The size of the athletes feet &
2. The size of the parents

We need to stop recruiting midgets, they are not the answer, no one under 190cms.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:32 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
great to see the tears of GWS players....told you Grand Final is out of your depth, you orange shits.

Yeah this; only got there by the charity of shitcunt umpires like Ryan, Stevic and Chamberbrain TWO WEEKS IN A FPHUCKING ROW.

So GLAD this grand final was totally ruined by the putrid maggots influence and cheating, a consequence of their previous semi final and prelim final ineptitude.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:41 pm

shawthing wrote:
Those people who say we dodged a bullet by not being there are WEAK!

How bloody pathetic a club have we become if we wish not to play on the big day just because we're scared of losing to the biggest and best football club in Australia (prove me wrong Collingwood!).

Sorry, but could it be that such attitudes from our supporters are reasons why we keep losing the big one?

And we need to ask why we are no longer a destination club. Several players have asked for trades already, and they want to go everywhere other than us. I wonder why? Rolling Eyes

Just imagine if we had been serious about chasing Lynch.

Could you please name me any players who have specifically requested not to be traded to Collingwood? Much appreciated because I had not heard of any🤭

Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I posted earlier today on another subject that, for the vast majority of last week's team were there last year: post match tears, devastation etc: yet that 3rd quarter effort was pathetic and lost the game. At halftime,had they already forgotten what "devestated them 51 weeks ago? **** off.
Willpower alone should've got them last week!!!
Brereton would have won that game with broken ribs!!
Players are to blame but coaches are in it too.
How could a coach allow that to happen?
What $£$%^%%$ more incentive do they need? Where was the frantic desperation from half time?? Remember in 90 Banksy said before the game: "I WILL beat my man" (whoever it was and he did; they all did) Need that attitude to win GFs and this mob has failed twice in 12 months despite last years tears.
I am the same: hated this week. F...... waste!!!!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 pm

[quote="shawthing"][quote="roxymeg"]
RudeBoy wrote:
I commented on another thread, but it seems to have been deleted???

Anyway, here's a summary of my thoughts on our disastrous Prelim performance, as I prepare to watch today's Grannie.

A week has past now since we were bullied out of the Prelim, and I feel worse now than I did a week ago. If you've followed the Pies for 6 decades, as I have, you become used to losing finals, but this loss was different. I still can't get my head around the fact that none, not a single one, of our 'elite' midfielders - Pendles, Treloar, Sidey and Adams - fired a shot in the Prelim. I could accept one or two of them getting tagged out of the game, but ffs not all four.

But I'm not disappointed, I'm frigging angry. For three quarters we allowed the Giants to play harder and tougher, with us being smashed at stoppages, despite us having the absolute dominance of Grundy in the ruck. Our footy department needs to conduct a phucking Royal Commission into the dismal performance of our midfield brigade. Our spirited final quarter come back simply rubbed salt into our wounds. Where was that effort in the first three quarters?

Fair dinkum, we had the talent to win the Prelim and then to go on and smash the Tigers in the Grannie. The reason we didn't was not because of a lack of talent, but a lack of heart. We simply have too many players who go missing when the going gets tough. For the 2nd year in a row our midfield group (with the exception of Adams who played well in last year's Grannie), allowed the opposition to smash us at stoppages, despite us having the dominant ruckman. That is simply not phucking good

This is a good post, and says it all for me.Particularly the Brown, Daicos and Noble part. We are a soft team.

Oh to have a Magro, Worthington, Monkey, Millane, Carman etc. They were the days Collingwood didn’t flinch😠 They gave back what they got, double.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:45 pm

These days they would all be in the stands watching...after being reported and suspended.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:54 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
In Baseball (& I know it's not relevant in AFL but kinda ties in with the current conversation) the Scouts/Recruiters when looking at players look at 2 things:

1. The size of the athletes feet &
2. The size of the parents

We need to stop recruiting midgets, they are not the answer, no one under 190cms.

Clarkson agrees. Never recruit someone Sam Mitchell's height (180 cm).
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:37 am

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
I posted earlier today on another subject that, for the vast majority of last week's team were there last year: post match tears, devastation etc: yet that 3rd quarter effort was pathetic and lost the game. At halftime,had they already forgotten what "devestated them 51 weeks ago? **** off.
Willpower alone should've got them last week!!!
Brereton would have won that game with broken ribs!!
Players are to blame but coaches are in it too.
How could a coach allow that to happen?
What $�$%^%%$ more incentive do they need? Where was the frantic desperation from half time?? Remember in 90 Banksy said before the game: "I WILL beat my man" (whoever it was and he did; they all did) Need that attitude to win GFs and this mob has failed twice in 12 months despite last years tears.
I am the same: hated this week. F...... waste!!!!

Yep. I think we treated the PF like the middle game in the finals series - we set ourselves for the 1st final, and were preparing to set ourselves for the last final - just tried to go through the motions in the middle final...not enough resolve. Of course the weather didn't help either, but couldn't really fire up until the horse had bolted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27   

Jump to: