Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Bombers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Darcy Moore has stopped and just spoken to @7NewsMelbourne. He seems optimistic about playing the first final. Awareness / precautionary last night according to Darce.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 pm

robevpau1 wrote:
Darcy Moore has stopped and just spoken to @7NewsMelbourne. He seems optimistic about playing the first final. Awareness / precautionary last night according to Darce.

Good. I really hope he's okay. But I repeat my point. We CANNOT afford to go into a final with the possibility that one of our key defenders might go down 5 minutes into a game. Moore's record in this regard speaks for itself. For that reason, we don't play him.

Woods wrote:
Don't understand the angst about Moore.

In the normal course of events earlier in the season he would have come back from injury via a game in the VFL. And he probably would only play two or three quarters of the VFL game before being taken off (managed).

Same thing happens in a return to an AFL match and 'The sky if falling!"

We're talking about a possible elimination final here. You don't take chances with those. There is no safety net. Moore is not bigger than the team!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:05 pm

That is one optimistic interpretation: that Moore came off under instructions to do so as a management policy. Maybe we simply wanted to ease him back in. But that would be one huge risk to take in terms of defeating Essendon! Did we underestimate Essendon and think the game would be over by half time?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:31 pm

bally12 wrote:
AMT seriously killed us. You can't tackle him because he drops his knees and does the shoulder shrug trick and gets the high tackle free every time.

McKernan and the Irish guy also did some damage. We need to put some more work into these 3 if we get them in the EF.

Totally agree. The three Mcs gave us more trouble last night than a pub full of angry Gaelic footballers. Mcdonald-Tipungwuti needs to be tagged if possible.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Fine effort by Mihocek to be our leading goal kicker over the home and away season. He’s kicked 5 bags of 4 goals this season so far, including three against finalists (two against teams presently in the top 4).

That is indeed a fantastic effort, especially for a rookie!!! So well deserved, because he works so hard for the entire match, even when not hitting the scoreboard. No prima donna about him. It was surely one of the best moves in recent seasons when it was decided to move him up from defence in the VFL into the AFL forward line Smile
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 pm

The ability of McKernan to cause so much damage against us is concerning. Also, the loss of Cox has meant that our ability to take contested marks around the ground has been curtailed (Cox did take a number of these around the field, which were invaluable). Perhaps the loss of Schazz early in the game in some way assisted McKernan to dominate, because one of our talls was occupied in a way he wouldn't have been otherwise. At present, Grundy is our only tall taking contested marks all over the field. I think we have an issue in the air that tall teams could exploit. It means we have to adopt a very fast and generally low ball movement into what will be a short forward line.
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
DT wrote:
Huge amount of upside for the Pies.

JDG Stevo and Sidey back

Aside from the obvious stars, Noble is a very smart player and can beat quality smalls. Good user of the footy. Great pick up by the recruiting team.

The defence is good. The balance of the midfield is good. The forward line is dangerous. If we can build through September we are a chance

I am concerned about how Essendon's McKierney reeled in 11 marks against us. That is is an issue going forward. We need to get better at punching the ball away. I think Roughie needs to go back to defence, and then with Stepho, JDG and Elliott we play a small forward line, with Checkers as the mobile marking target.

McKernan has always troubled us but it did not cost us last night. I think Roughead can go forward or back depending on the team playing against us. The addition of JDG and Stevo makes it less necessary to have Roughie as a tall target in the forward line so I think your thoughts are spot on.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Seems to me Billy has some injury which is effecting his kicking. He used to be a lock to kick a set shot anywhere inside ~40. last night he missed a few pretty easy ones and his body language after each one seemed to convey that he has an issue. Anyone else notice that?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:43 pm

Horatio Fin wrote:
Seems to me Billy has some injury which is effecting his kicking. He used to be a lock to kick a set shot anywhere inside ~40. last night he missed a few pretty easy ones and his body language after each one seemed to convey that he has an issue. Anyone else notice that?

Nope. Kicked fine before then. And last week. Quite simply his ball drop both times was horrid. Side of the boot job both shanks were.

Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Okay... maybe it's just a mental thing then. He used to be so solid, he always kicked them through at post height, you could tell he was aiming at an upper tier of the venue, but his action seems to have changed in the limited outings we've seen of him recently. Hopefully it was just an off night, because I don't recall him shanking them off the side of the boot like that before, like I said he was so rock solid in front of goal.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:01 am

Yeah, anyhoo Dopers: enjoy your trip to Perth in two weeks.
Be sure to take plenty of pills for the flight home.

See ya suckers!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:27 am

piedys wrote:
Yeah, anyhoo Dopers: enjoy your trip to Perth in two weeks.
Be sure to take plenty of pills for the flight home.

See ya suckers!

And paying $1500 a plane ticket because of the short notice, bahaha. It will be the ewok caravan of courage across the nullabor to save cash.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am

At least they'll all be amongst friends, they can all BOO in unison.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:16 am

ANNODAM wrote:

You can almost feel the collective IQ at Optus dropping by the minute now.

At least one lot of ferals may retain enough motor skills to wave their jackets in the air at the final siren, then somehow find their way home...

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:39 am

ANNODAM wrote:

Yeah they are the East Coast Eagles of Booing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: