Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I know we all see the game differently but can't believe how little love for Treloar there is
35 touches at 91.4% 13 inside 50's half his touches were contested and some people think he's only worth a single vote in GB medal was clearly most valuable player on the ground yesterday

The club agrees with you qldmagpie and so do I. A brilliant game by him.

Quote:
Crisp was very good again as well has really developed into one of most important players
Shaz 22 @95% shows why he's so highly rated by the coaches putting it in his hands means it's going to a team mate next not a turnover

Absolutely agree with these comments too and thanks for highlighting the strengths of Crisp and Shaz. Backs often don't get much of the credit when the team wins and I thought they gelled really well yesterday, getting the ball cleanly out of defence on nearly every occasion. Crisp is becoming a bit of an "every where" man, which makes it really hard for opposition to curb his influence.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:13 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Errrrr late again—-heh heh🤪

Laughing Not a problem BazBoy. Just wanted to let you know that there had been some prior thoughts posted about the father-son boys. Wink
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:21 pm

^^^

Very good comments on Treloar.
His game as pure midfielder was one of best by anyone this season.
Heaps of footy both inside and out and his metres gained was off the charts.
He had 300 metres gained at qtr time alone and that’s usually an ok result if you do it over the entire game.

Anyone who talks about Treloar not trying or not having a go or chucking it in or whatever, simply has no clue. You don’t lead the competition for touches without busting your gut every week.
Can be sloppy on occasions but he also looks like he’s improving on that at the business end.
We are quick to bag our medical team but Treloar at least, seems to have been a very well managed rehab from those double hammys.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:23 pm

He is the club's media guys' Player of the Week:

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2019-08-05/player-of-the-week-adam-treloar
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Interestingly, from the coaches' votes, Treloar was rated 5 by only one of the two and 4 by the other. The other coach must have awarded 5 to Sidey or Grundy. Depending upon which of those two got the other coach's 5, either Sidey was rated second best and third best or Grundy was rated third best by both coaches.

Treloar has votes from everyone who has posted so far in the GB Medal. The more startling thing is that 6 out of 13 couldn't find it in their heart to give Sidebottom a vote for his 27 disposal, 2 goal, 11 score involvement game.

Last edited by Pies4shaw on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Interestingly, from the coaches' votes, Treloar was rated 5 by only one of the two. The other coach awarded 5 to Sidey. Grundy was rated third best by both coaches.

To be fair, the other coach did give Treloar four votes
Sidey presumably pulled 5 + 2.
Personally, I’m staggered Treloar didn’t pull the perfect ten but coaches certainly see the game in a different dimension to supporters.
Treloar single handedly took the game away from them in the first half.
No biggie. Sidey certainly deserved a few votes for his performance also.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:04 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Interestingly, from the coaches' votes, Treloar was rated 5 by only one of the two. The other coach awarded 5 to Sidey. Grundy was rated third best by both coaches.

To be fair, the other coach did give Treloar four votes
Sidey presumably pulled 5 + 2.
Personally, I’m staggered Treloar didn’t pull the perfect ten but coaches certainly see the game in a different dimension to supporters.
Treloar single handedly took the game away from them in the first half.
No biggie. Sidey certainly deserved a few votes for his performance also.

Or 4 and 3, if it matters. It is mathematically possible that Grundy got 5 and 1, Crisp 1 and 3 and Pendlebury and WHE a 2 each.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:06 pm

I wonder where Grundy sits in umpires Brownlow votes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Well, Thor received 17 votes last year (10th) and he's having a better season this year. He probably won't win but he should be top 3, especially given that the umpires will now be looking for him as a votegetter and that Sidey (who, of course, finished second in the Brownlow last year) will take fewer votes from him this year. Pendles and Treloar, though, might take some votes from him.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Interestingly, from the coaches' votes, Treloar was rated 5 by only one of the two and 4 by the other. The other coach must have awarded 5 to Sidey or Grundy. Depending upon which of those two got the other coach's 5, either Sidey was rated second best and third best or Grundy was rated third best by both coaches.

Treloar has votes from everyone who has posted so far in the GB Medal. The more startling thing is that 6 out of 13 couldn't find it in their heart to give Sidebottom a vote for his 27 disposal, 2 goal, 11 score involvement game.

I had 5 of the 6 players who got votes including Sidey (not in same order as coaches) in my GB medal voting
Do I get a award as well 😂😂
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Well, Thor received 17 votes last year (10th) and he's having a better season this year. He probably won't win but he should be top 3, especially given that the umpires will now be looking for him as a votegetter and that Sidey (who, of course, finished second in the Brownlow last year) will take fewer votes from him this year. Pendles and Treloar, though, might take some votes from him.

Treloar will be our leading vote getter for the simple fact it's a midfielders award generally
I expect Grundy to poll well but our poor form after the bye will stop him finishing top 3 IMO
I have Treloar on 19-23 votes thus far (in my private count) and Grundy on 14-17 votes
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I had 5 of the 6 players who got votes including Sidey (not in same order as coaches) in my GB medal voting

Only if I get one, too - and I don't imagine you'd want that. Wink
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Only if I get one, too - and I don't imagine you'd want that. Wink

I don't mind sharing with you ole mate after all if it wasn't for you who else could I educate on AFL 🤑🤑
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

That win actually means 4 points and a percentage boost but don’t let that cloud your thinking.
Generally you set out to win today before you start worrying about next weeks challenge.

Spot on my friend.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I wonder where Grundy sits in umpires Brownlow votes

I'd love to see him win it, but let's face facts. The Brownlow is a midfielder's award now. Still Grundy did very well last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: