Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a long time defender of Wills, not because he’s a particularly good player but because when you rack up thirty plus in the VFL every week, it means you really want your chance, if nothing else.
Wills was good today but we were men playing talented kids.
I want to see a bit more of Wills against the better teams before we all declare him as the quick fix to our mid field woes.
I hope he is the answer but let’s not go to early after one game against the bottom team.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 pm

I would describe this as a promising win. Promising because it promises to help us click into a higher gear. I think the presence of Wills and Adams as too big inside mids makes an enormous difference: we can then play Adam Treloar, Pendles on the outside, where they can really become stellar.
Maybe, in the absence of Stepho still for another 4 weeks, we can play Sidey forward more. This becomes more possible with Wills and Adams both in the team. Well done to Rupert Wills. I am rapt for him. As Pies2016 observed, just keep it simple and play to his strengths. From now on, he just plays like a pure inside mid the entire game, goes and gets the ball and tackles any opposition that has it. His physical presence was really important today, and it is something we have been desperately missing in the last few games, in the absence of Adams and then Sier as well. I hope he has a blinder next week.
Looks like Noble will be available next week as well. Does he come in, and if so, for whom? I would consider omitting Josh Daicos and bringing Noble in, as I did not think Josh D was overly active today.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 am

Just watched the highlights (very enjoyable Smile). Callum Brown is really developing well I reckon. He has his father's fearless attitude and great stamina for one so young, knows how to get in the right positions, has quick, clean hands and is a team player. Makes fewer errors too as each game passes, so he's really grabbing his opportunites.

Not to say that Josh Daicos can't show the same development, but he's a bit behind Callum at the moment, mainly with disposal not being as effective.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
I would describe this as a promising win. Promising because it promises to help us click into a higher gear. I think the presence of Wills and Adams as too big inside mids makes an enormous difference: we can then play Adam Treloar, Pendles on the outside, where they can really become stellar.
Maybe, in the absence of Stepho still for another 4 weeks, we can play Sidey forward more. This becomes more possible with Wills and Adams both in the team. Well done to Rupert Wills. I am rapt for him. As Pies2016 observed, just keep it simple and play to his strengths. From now on, he just plays like a pure inside mid the entire game, goes and gets the ball and tackles any opposition that has it. His physical presence was really important today, and it is something we have been desperately missing in the last few games, in the absence of Adams and then Sier as well. I hope he has a blinder next week.
Looks like Noble will be available next week as well. Does he come in, and if so, for whom? I would consider omitting Josh Daicos and bringing Noble in, as I did not think Josh D was overly active today.

I agree with you 100% on having Sidey in the forward line full time. Been banging on about it for 5 years now. He's clever and makes thing's happen out of nothing. 11 score involvements today and to be honest, we don't need him in the midfield.
Got lots of options there and this would allow JDG more time in there where he is a beast and a one touch player.
As far as Daicos is concerned, did you watch the entire game? He was more than just serviceable. He kicks well with both feet as well. Leave him in a little while longer to see if he really grabs his chance.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:23 am

A good team effort our pressure was back keep it coming Pies.

www.facebook/the hybernators
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:04 am

jatsad wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

I agree with you 100% on having Sidey in the forward line full time. Been banging on about it for 5 years now. He's clever and makes thing's happen out of nothing. 11 score involvements today and to be honest, we don't need him in the midfield.
Got lots of options there and this would allow JDG more time in there where he is a beast and a one touch player.
As far as Daicos is concerned, did you watch the entire game? He was more than just serviceable. He kicks well with both feet as well. Leave him in a little while longer to see if he really grabs his chance.

CAn't agree about Sidey. Was everywhere vs Suns and v important in midfield - would have had a big effect on our CP numbers.. WAs a good balance of mid and forward for Sidey I thought. But things often tend to work out beautifully vs bottom side.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 am

The forward line yesterday even allowing for our opponent started to show
the dangerous elements they achieved last year—even out of form JT stepped up so if they can maintain the rage and add JDG and Stevo in good things coming into finals

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 am

I know we all see the game differently but can't believe how little love for Treloar there is
35 touches at 91.4% 13 inside 50's half his touches were contested and some people think he's only worth a single vote in GB medal was clearly most valuable player on the ground yesterday
The inclusion of Adams and Wills on the ball gave us the chance to push Treloar and Pendles to the outside and use there advanced skills more
Sidey off HF was good as well he got up and back to make himself dangerous along with 2 goals proves his best value is forward to use his smarts
Crisp was very good again as well has really developed into one of most important players
Shaz 22 @95% shows why he's so highly rated by the coaches putting it in his hands means it's going to a team mate next not a turnover
Overall we played a ordinary side and this win will mean nothing if we don't follow it up with another against another ordinary side

Heard bucks on radio (ABC) interview only caught part of it but here the bit I heard
Interviewer - How has injury shaped your game planning each week
Bucks - It hasn't helped but we believe we have the depth in our list to cover injuries as they occur. Every club has injuries it's just how many and how long there for which affects your week to week planning
Interview - Do you expect Moore back soon
Bucks - Darcy is coming along well and we won't rush him back
Interviewer - Will he be right by finals
Bucks - I expect so but that's up to our medical department
Interviewer - How have the long term injuries hurt the cohesion of the team
Bucks - Any injury isn't good but some are more easy to cover than others. We have depth in several positions so like for like replacements are there some are harder due to the roles they play in the side but we will back all our players when they have to come in and do a job
Interviewer - It looks likely you have locked up a finals spot now does that excite you
Bucks - We are in a position to control our own destiny which is w good thing. We haven't spoken about finals internally it's a matter of preparing each week well and giving ourselves the chance to compete.
Interviewer - Does it make it harder knowing players like Langdon who were very good for you last year in the finals won't be available this year
Bucks - Intenally at the club we knew several weeks ago Tom wouldn't play again this season so we moved on fairly quickly. We had Matt Scharenberg coming back in so we knew we had that covered well. It was just a case of balancing his return to footy and not over doing his work load to early. We believe we've given Matt every chance to be 100% come the end of the season
Interviewer - Does the external noise about Grundy and a return to a SA club unsettle the group
Bucks - Brodie is contracted to the club and moving forward he knows he's a valuable member of our team now and into the future. Our retention group will handle that. Internally we understand that any time a player of Brodie's stature comes off contract there will always be interest but we can't control the external noise so we don't really get involved in it
Interviewer - Does that mean you are confident he will stay
Bucks - That's out of my control but I have spoken to Brodie and he knows how highly we value him internally
Interviewer - Do you expect to have Beams and Wells available for finals
Bucks - Dayne has resumed training this week and is ahead of schedule but still has some work to do. In a perfect world he would be available but we don't live in that world so we will wait and see. Daniel has been working over time to give himself every chance but again it's a matter of waiting and seeing. Having both available would be great but that's out of my control so I don't look that far forward
Interviewer - Does the game today get you hope your form has returned
Bucks - We came to get 4 points today and did that. More importantly we showed in large part the style of play we want to play going forward. It wasn't perfect but it was a very positive step forward. The test comes again next week against a opposition who will be desperate for a good showing and we know the challenges we have there. I'll be encouraged more if we continue to improve each week for the remainder of the season
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:50 am

Thought we played with a energy I haven't seen since the second half against the WCE. The opposition was very average put we did exactly what we needed and put them away early and then conserve. Could not afford any further injuries obviously.

Thought playing Varcoe in the Stepho role worked well. WHE was dominant and we've missed him playing forward. Underrated how much this guy can do.

Wills played like he understood his role. Got to keep it simple for a guy with his skill set, played really well I thought.

Grundy is just the best ruck I have seen in my 42 years. Amazing player pay him whatever he wants.

Great to get the win as I felt sick coming to the ground on the prospect of losing to that mob given the importance of the game.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:45 am

I’d like to talk about their part and their path to AFL football —-who ???

The sons of the great Daics and Rowdy

They have not pulled on the jumper a lot together and Callum is so close to permanent status (he must not settle for where he is at) and his path has been a good block of regular games and he seems to get that little better each game

Daics has had a slower path but is beginning to show his breeding in the twos has payed dividends

So today they played their second together (I think) and Cal just does what he’s been doing all season and young Josh so clean by foot and hand —2020 and on will be great to see how they become experienced AFL men

What’s the thought on these kids Nicksters

Pie-For-Life 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Josh And Calum are doing ok,
Calum is building and I like a lot of what I see, I think he has nudged ahead of JT. He has great awareness and uses the ball well, his skills are improving, his future is looking good.
Josh has been a bit slower but is showing signs, the key is improvement for him, I hope he get there.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:11 pm

Mate I went to game with yesterday we talked of JDG first as he potentially if fit has three games b4 finals and for argument sake he’s right for Dee,s match

Daics or JT to make room for him ???

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:50 pm

BazBoy wrote:

What’s the thought on these kids Nicksters

Bazboy, see seven posts before yours. Smile
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:55 pm

jatsad wrote:

Gettiing JDG more time in the mid-field would be a real plus and I agree that Sidey playing more forward is a huge benefit too. My only concern is the fitness of JDG and his susceptibility to injury.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Errrrr late again—-heh heh🤪
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: