Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Our woes start and end with our midfield
There combined past 6 weeks has been terrible
There is no cohesion between them.
3 will commit to a contest and loss it with 2 opposition players waiting outside collect the ball and off they go
There combined collective tackling effectiveness is below ordinary and they are brushed off with ease way to often (maybe only Pendles gets a pass mark)
Telling again last night not one of our starting mid's went above 68% DE for the night again last night
For those knocking Scharenberg watch the game again and see him pin point kicks 30-40m no wonder he went at over 88% again
His career is over 87%
Maybe he should take up coaching teaching Treloar and Sidey how to kick a ball
For all of Grundy's dominance in the ruck we are constantly losing the clearances and more often than not our mid's are out of position
Either Grundy speaks Russian or our mid's are just plain dumb and don't know where he's going to hit the ball
Given the way our midfield has been thrashed of late no wonder our backline is struggling
Opposition just waltz the ball in time and again without being under any pressure
Going forward we just hack the ball forward without purpose either bombing it on someone's head or at there feet
WHE is a passenger at the moment, Elliott looks slower than Langdon if that's at all possible, Sidey has diverted back to silly little kicks, Cox couldn't catch a cold in Antartica in the nude, Varcoe for all his running around doesn't give us sweet FA in terms of positive influence, Daicos looks like a deer in the headlights to often, Brown tries his guts out but lacks class and skill
Overall this team lacks cohesion, desire, effort and skill
The sooner Adams is made skipper the better he wouldn't tolerate the kind of tripe we've been served up the last 6 weeks
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Getting on the piss is perfect; great idea šŸŗšŸŗšŸŗšŸŗšŸŗ
Should've been done weeks ago and after every game.
I do šŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œ
Stevo invited I hope. So he gets an honest gobfull from somebody.
Beams can stay home and have a big cry.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:17 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
3 will commit to a contest and loss it with 2 opposition players waiting outside collect the ball and off they go
There combined collective tackling effectiveness is below ordinary and they are brushed off with ease way to often (maybe only Pendles gets a pass mark)
Telling again last night not one of our starting mid's went above 68% DE for the night again last night
For those knocking Scharenberg watch the game again and see him pin point kicks 30-40m no wonder he went at over 88% again
His career is over 87%
For all of Grundy's dominance in the ruck we are constantly losing the clearances and more often than not our mid's are out of position
Either Grundy speaks Russian or our mid's are just plain dumb and don't know where he's going to hit the ball
Given the way our midfield has been thrashed of late no wonder our backline is struggling
Opposition just waltz the ball in time and again without being under any pressure
Going forward we just hack the ball forward without purpose either bombing it on someone's head or at there feet
WHE is a passenger at the moment, Elliott looks slower than Langdon if that's at all possible, Sidey has diverted back to silly little kicks, Cox couldn't catch a cold in Antartica in the nude, Varcoe for all his running around doesn't give us sweet FA in terms of positive influence, Daicos looks like a deer in the headlights to often, Brown tries his guts out but lacks class and skill
The sooner Adams is made skipper the better he wouldn't tolerate the kind of tripe we've been served up the last 6 weeks

Agree with everything you said except for the last bit. Pendles isnā€™t doing anything stupid. Why take the captaincy away from him? Itā€™s Sidey and Treloar who are letting the team down. Theyā€™re in our leadership group and need to lift. Pendles canā€™t do it all and Adams canā€™t get onto the football field. Until we get the right 22 onto the the football field and our leaders start setting the standard and guys like Cox donā€™t run hot and cold, I canā€™t see us beating anyone, but I agree with Buckley. Weā€™re not far away. The difference between your best and your worst is about 2% so we just need to find another couple of per cent and weā€™ll start winning games again.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Kill for Collingwood wrote:

Thatā€™s a pretty insensitive thing to say about anyone suffering from a mental illness. Not very ā€œside by sideā€.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:35 pm

35reasons wrote:

Thatā€™s a pretty insensitive thing to say about anyone suffering from a mental illness. Not very ā€œside by sideā€.

Was glad to see Jeff Kennett call out Will Fowles for hiding behind mental illness this week.

While I'm not accusing Beams of this, I reckon some AFL players are playing this card to their advantage
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Look at these stats.... dominated tapouts but lost centre clearances.....the best time for a scores inside forward 50 with these new 6/6/6 rule.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:40 pm
Post subject: Re: loss to tigersReply with quote

35reasons wrote:
orie wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We have had NO luck this yr, starting with silly little wretch Stephenson, from then on, nothing has gone well.

We weren't playing totally dominant football early on, but I am inclined to agree that the Stephenson debacle knocked us sideways. Since then, we have not played as a team, we have lost some trust in one another, we have lost confidence in one another, we are not playing for one another.

How could a betting suspension bring this about???? Because I reckon some of the players could well be demoralized and angered by it - really pissed off that they bust their guts only to have their footy goals and ambitions thwarted by the immature actions of one vital player.

I'm not having a go at Stevo here - he's young and wet behind the ears and will hopefully learn the hard way - but it could well have created some division amongst the players..... those who have understood and forgiven and those who haven't. It could even have created division amongst the coaching panel, as to how they reconcile Stevo's actions.

We are not a united club at the moment. Years from now, we may find out the real repercussions of Stephenson's suspension.

This is aside from the injury toll and all that means. Sigh.

I have said this from the start..the Stevo suspension may have caused a bit of a rift. It may be that some players don't believe that Stevo should have been exposed or "dobbed" in by a teammate. It was a massive penalty for something that "probably" would never have been detected..{unless it was worse than that. This may cause a trust issue among the players.
Moral is so important and we always have too many distractions at this club.
Just getting over it.

I know this is probably a little off-topic, but both Stephenson and the club were lucky he wasnā€™t suspended for life.

And has anyone considered the potential impact of his betting on our game. He bet on other team-mateā€™s disposals FFS! Do we really want a player who during a game might not chose the best option for a pass because it will affect his winnings? How are Stephensonā€™s actions in this regard anything other than complete selfishness and about as anti-team as you can get.

Jeremy Howe should be given a medal for raising this. Stephenson should be shown the door.

YOU honestly think other young players have not got mates to put bets on at other clubs ???? Get real, I bet Stevo is far from alone, Don't run that AFL holier than thou crap regarding gambling by me, the fact is, the damn League is OBSESSED IN GAMBLING REVENUE, OBSESSED, they pump it up to young fans at games, they love gambling, turn it up, they are the biggest bloody hypocrites crucifying Stephenson of all time. Of all time.!! Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:14 pm

shawthing wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Except that they're not. You know they can't win the flag from 16th, right? Carlton are execrable - they're just a little less of a vomitorium than they've been for the past few years. Natural fluctuations outside their control mean that they can't win the number 1 draft pick every year.

Carlton has a better list potential-wise than us. Have you watched many of their games? Cripps is >>>>> than any player in our squad (Pendlebury included), Walsh is better than De Goey was in his first year (by some margin), and then you have a host of other players coming on. And David Teague is a better coach than ours based on game plan.

Cripps to WA, Kreuzer and Murphy into retirement and they'll drop back. Of course, they can't drop far from 16th but they'll drop. Wink

Yes, Carlton has a better list than us - they have 21 number one draft picks in their team (and Thomas). That's what happens when you get the spud team of the year prize year after year for a quarter of a century.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Cripps to WA, ...

Just a WC/Freo fantasy now. How many years is his current deal? Five?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:16 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
His career is over 87%

Nailed it, Qld. Fantastic summary. Our forwards and defence will always look subpar while our midfield exerts so little pressure on the ball carrier, and delivers into our own F50 in such a disadvantageous manner.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 pm

dp

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

YOU honestly think other young players have not got mates to put bets on at other clubs ???? Get real, I bet Stevo is far from alone, Don't run that AFL holier than thou crap regarding gambling by me, the fact is, the damn League is OBSESSED IN GAMBLING REVENUE, OBSESSED, they pump it up to young fans at games, they love gambling, turn it up, they are the biggest bloody hypocrites crucifying Stephenson of all time. Of all time.!! Rolling Eyes

I agree 100%, Piesnchess. This holier than thou crap is very distasteful, and also shows a total lack of understanding of reality.
The game thread was proliferated with comments condemning Stephenson the entire game, as an inferior and immoral, semi-criminal, "bogan" who sabotaged the club. As if Stephenson's absence is the reason why we cannot get the ball forward in any kind of effective manner since the bye. As if Stephenson's absence is also the reason why our defence is being overwhelmed by the opposition running the ball through without any resistance from our midfield. As if Stephenson's absence is the reason that there is no connection whatsoever between our mids and Grundy, nor between our mids and Cox.
We lost two midfielders: Adams and Sier from the midfield before the Richmond game started. For reasons best known to themeselves, the selectors decided not even to replace one of them with Wills, weakening the midfield significantly in personnel terms.
The combination of this personnel weakening and the continued insipidity of our midfield pressure and the lack of synergy between Grundy and our mids, was the reason for Richmond's domination.
If the Stephenson issue caused divisions among the playing group, that should have been sorted out by the club sport psychologists and the playing group as a whole. I don't subscribe to the theory that we have been disunited as a result of this issue, and therefore aren't playing well. If we always attribute poor form to psychological issues, then that won't get us far, and it is entirely unprovable. All we can say with any confidence is: the midfield needs to lift its game bigtime if we are to have any chance to contend this year.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
35reasons wrote:
orie wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We have had NO luck this yr, starting with silly little wretch Stephenson, from then on, nothing has gone well.

We weren't playing totally dominant football early on, but I am inclined to agree that the Stephenson debacle knocked us sideways. Since then, we have not played as a team, we have lost some trust in one another, we have lost confidence in one another, we are not playing for one another.

How could a betting suspension bring this about???? Because I reckon some of the players could well be demoralized and angered by it - really pissed off that they bust their guts only to have their footy goals and ambitions thwarted by the immature actions of one vital player.

I'm not having a go at Stevo here - he's young and wet behind the ears and will hopefully learn the hard way - but it could well have created some division amongst the players..... those who have understood and forgiven and those who haven't. It could even have created division amongst the coaching panel, as to how they reconcile Stevo's actions.

We are not a united club at the moment. Years from now, we may find out the real repercussions of Stephenson's suspension.

This is aside from the injury toll and all that means. Sigh.

I have said this from the start..the Stevo suspension may have caused a bit of a rift. It may be that some players don't believe that Stevo should have been exposed or "dobbed" in by a teammate. It was a massive penalty for something that "probably" would never have been detected..{unless it was worse than that. This may cause a trust issue among the players.
Moral is so important and we always have too many distractions at this club.
Just getting over it.

I know this is probably a little off-topic, but both Stephenson and the club were lucky he wasnā€™t suspended for life.

And has anyone considered the potential impact of his betting on our game. He bet on other team-mateā€™s disposals FFS! Do we really want a player who during a game might not chose the best option for a pass because it will affect his winnings? How are Stephensonā€™s actions in this regard anything other than complete selfishness and about as anti-team as you can get.

Jeremy Howe should be given a medal for raising this. Stephenson should be shown the door.

this exactly, stevo was far to blase about the whole thing, its obvious hes not the only one, but hes the one made an example of, probably partly because hes in black and white. eddie is right, the AFL made a big mistake here, who in their right mind would put their hand up now?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
35reasons wrote:

Was glad to see Jeff Kennett call out Will Fowles for hiding behind mental illness this week.

While I'm not accusing Beams of this, I reckon some AFL players are playing this card to their advantage

dont change the subject, this comment should be removed full stop, its disgusting. no wonder so many men cant see a way out when someone who puts his hand up cops a comment like this from a 'supporter".

kill for collingwood hey? its a game mate, i love this team and club with everything i got, but there is always a bigger picture.

shame shame shame

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:12 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
His career is over 87%

so easy to blame the mids, but truth is we are out of quality experienced defenders, bar Howe and Maynard, so the mids are playing mid, back, and having to play forward too, JDG was massive last night, imagine how accurate he could be if he wasnt running marathons in games?

take a look at our outs, 7 or 8 walk up 22 players, and some very good depth players, plus 1 fool, thats where the problem is. And dont crash on pendles, he just had an operation and played a couple of days later, he has to be sore, if you have ever broken a finger (me, 2) or snapped a tendon in a finger (1) believe me, just because its a small appendage, doesnt mean its a small pain! i likened one of them to childbirth!!

really, tiges had 1 big out, they are coming good at the right time, we should have been slaughtered, but never gave up, 32 points is not much with what we had.

certainly calls need to be made, for me, and a couple really pain me to say it but: varcoe, wells, reid, goldy, maybe billy if we can get something for him, and for god sake dont play moore, try and get a real solution for next season, last roll of the dice.

cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: