Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

courtza wrote:
The whole team apart from Degoey and Stevo should be put up for trade

But I guess that'd lead to Googs and Stevo being captain & vice. Shocked
That'd work well, wouldn't it?
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 pm

shawthing wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
B: Greenwood, Dunn, Langdon

HB: Noble, Moore, Murphy

C: Aish, Adams, Stephenson

HF: Wells, Reid, Beams

Can't understand why we lost.

With respect, not many of those are walk up starts for top teams. ...

I understand, Swoop!

Because there's no FF line. (But can't you put Roughead at CHB & swing Moore to FF?)
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wills was useless when he was brought up earlier in the season - save for 5 minutes when Grundy was off after a high hit and Wills rucked very well for 5 minutes. Perhaps he can have Cox's spot?

Wills is a battler but he has a crack and he was alright in the wins against the dropscones and the scum , i doubt he would have altered the result last night but he would have at least given us a hard stoppage player and freed up treloar, pendles and crisp.

www.facebook/the hybernators
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Post subject: Re: loss to tigersReply with quote

orie wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We have had NO luck this yr, starting with silly little wretch Stephenson, from then on, nothing has gone well.

We weren't playing totally dominant football early on, but I am inclined to agree that the Stephenson debacle knocked us sideways. Since then, we have not played as a team, we have lost some trust in one another, we have lost confidence in one another, we are not playing for one another.

How could a betting suspension bring this about???? Because I reckon some of the players could well be demoralized and angered by it - really pissed off that they bust their guts only to have their footy goals and ambitions thwarted by the immature actions of one vital player.

I'm not having a go at Stevo here - he's young and wet behind the ears and will hopefully learn the hard way - but it could well have created some division amongst the players..... those who have understood and forgiven and those who haven't. It could even have created division amongst the coaching panel, as to how they reconcile Stevo's actions.

We are not a united club at the moment. Years from now, we may find out the real repercussions of Stephenson's suspension.

This is aside from the injury toll and all that means. Sigh.

I have said this from the start..the Stevo suspension may have caused a bit of a rift. It may be that some players don't believe that Stevo should have been exposed or "dobbed" in by a teammate. It was a massive penalty for something that "probably" would never have been detected..{unless it was worse than that. This may cause a trust issue among the players.
Moral is so important and we always have too many distractions at this club.
Just getting over it.

I know this is probably a little off-topic, but both Stephenson and the club were lucky he wasn’t suspended for life.

And has anyone considered the potential impact of his betting on our game. He bet on other team-mate’s disposals FFS! Do we really want a player who during a game might not chose the best option for a pass because it will affect his winnings? How are Stephenson’s actions in this regard anything other than complete selfishness and about as anti-team as you can get.

Jeremy Howe should be given a medal for raising this. Stephenson should be shown the door.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 pm
Post subject: Re: loss to tigersReply with quote

35reasons wrote:
orie wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We have had NO luck this yr, starting with silly little wretch Stephenson, from then on, nothing has gone well.

We weren't playing totally dominant football early on, but I am inclined to agree that the Stephenson debacle knocked us sideways. Since then, we have not played as a team, we have lost some trust in one another, we have lost confidence in one another, we are not playing for one another.

How could a betting suspension bring this about???? Because I reckon some of the players could well be demoralized and angered by it - really pissed off that they bust their guts only to have their footy goals and ambitions thwarted by the immature actions of one vital player.

I'm not having a go at Stevo here - he's young and wet behind the ears and will hopefully learn the hard way - but it could well have created some division amongst the players..... those who have understood and forgiven and those who haven't. It could even have created division amongst the coaching panel, as to how they reconcile Stevo's actions.

We are not a united club at the moment. Years from now, we may find out the real repercussions of Stephenson's suspension.

This is aside from the injury toll and all that means. Sigh.

I have said this from the start..the Stevo suspension may have caused a bit of a rift. It may be that some players don't believe that Stevo should have been exposed or "dobbed" in by a teammate. It was a massive penalty for something that "probably" would never have been detected..{unless it was worse than that. This may cause a trust issue among the players.
Moral is so important and we always have too many distractions at this club.
Just getting over it.

I know this is probably a little off-topic, but both Stephenson and the club were lucky he wasn’t suspended for life.

And has anyone considered the potential impact of his betting on our game. He bet on other team-mate’s disposals FFS! Do we really want a player who during a game might not chose the best option for a pass because it will affect his winnings? How are Stephenson’s actions in this regard anything other than complete selfishness and about as anti-team as you can get.

Jeremy Howe should be given a medal for raising this. Stephenson should be shown the door.

Pete Rose would have been an automatic Baseball Hall of Famer. He bet on the game and was banned for life. No HoF Honours either. And he was one of the great players.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:11 pm

K wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Yes but other clubs seem to have less problem putting a premiership picture together on a regular basis! I think Collingwood has just fallen for the hype its supporters create, take our support for granted (a bit like the New York Knicks in the NBA - the richest franchise in US sport, but totally pathetic as a competitive team), and appoint "good ole boys" to positions of power. Yes, I'm looking at El Presidente!

Things have to change or we'll never see a flag in a dozen lifetimes.

Yeah, some franchises, especially MLB franchises, do have a business model that is not set up around winning, but that's probably because so many of them have no chance of winning.

I don't know if it's taking supporters for granted. The club may be weighed down by its supporters. It stops the club being professional, which is the thing that most needs to change.

Good point K. I guess it's true that clubs like Melbourne set up in a similar fashion knowing they can't win a flag. Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:47 pm

shawthing wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
B: Greenwood, Dunn, Langdon

HB: Noble, Moore, Murphy

C: Aish, Adams, Stephenson

HF: Wells, Reid, Beams

Can't understand why we lost.

With respect, not many of those are walk up starts for top teams. How many would be picked for Richmond for instance? And besides, many on that list should be pensioned off for being too old, too slow, and always injured.

All of Langdon, Moore, Aish, Adams and Stephenson would be first 22 players at Richmond.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:49 pm

And to rub shit in to the wound

Carlton about to win their 5th game out of the past 7 (with 2 losses of less than a goal).

Right now, they look more likely to win a flag than we do,

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:57 pm

Except that they're not. You know they can't win the flag from 16th, right? Carlton are execrable - they're just a little less of a vomitorium than they've been for the past few years. Natural fluctuations outside their control mean that they can't win the number 1 draft pick every year.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Mathematically, they can still play finals and right now, they are a better chance of winning a final than we are.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm

No, they're not. By all means, back them and see how you go.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Sadly, the scum are playing with more passion and intensity than we are.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:26 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

A new coach (breathe of fresh air) can do amazing things.

Our guys are shackled right now. They have no idea what to do.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:52 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

A new coach (breathe of fresh air) can do amazing things.

Our guys are shackled right now. They have no idea what to do.

Let Longmuir start a coup and take over the top job , bring in Didak as skills coach and Medhurst to take the forwards , see ya Sando.

www.facebook/the hybernators
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Except that they're not. You know they can't win the flag from 16th, right? Carlton are execrable - they're just a little less of a vomitorium than they've been for the past few years. Natural fluctuations outside their control mean that they can't win the number 1 draft pick every year.

Carlton has a better list potential-wise than us. Have you watched many of their games? Cripps is >>>>> than any player in our squad (Pendlebury included), Walsh is better than De Goey was in his first year (by some margin), and then you have a host of other players coming on. And David Teague is a better coach than ours based on game plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: