Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Roos . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor. Comprehensively beaten in every aspect.

Maybe the injures have spread us too thin.

The slow decline of form is the worry. Hope we can change it. Cos our flag hopes are looking very shakey.

Havent to look good again since the Tigers game.

Some players appear to be drinking their own bath water.

Midfield (inside and out) and exiting out of the backline is the biggest problem. Needs urgent attention.

Tagging Cunnington with Greenwood would have been an idea after half time. Cos he smashed us!

Last edited by melliot on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

Jezza wrote:
Biggest losing margin in three years.

Try 24 years.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

Seth wrote:
3 talls? Not working.

Err Seth, we actually lost Ben Reid early in the first quarter.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Try 24 years.

No, lowest score in 24 years. We’ve been pantsed by more than 44 plenty of times since 1995.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Our lowest score since Round 5, 1995. https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1995/041019950430.html

It was very much like the 39 points we put up against Essendon in round 17 2014.

We've had a few games around 40 points but recently, we scored 45 Vs Geelong in round 8 last year in a 21 point loss.

Well I was too ill to go tonight. But I was there in 2014. The following day was horrific at work. I can imagine this week will be similar. Although I dont think there's any North supporters there.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:06 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Try 24 years.

No, lowest score in 24 years. We’ve been pantsed by more than 44 plenty of times since 1995.

Ahh, gotcha!

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:07 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
We'll have to see how we go over the next month to understand if tonight holds real meaning. A dirty old performance that we had coming. I'm prepared to let this one slide but this cannot become a regularity. Our midfield brigade needs to have some serious meetings with our ruckman because they are just not working well with the most dominant ruckman this club has ever had and it is something that we have to sort out to go to the next level.

I think that was the feeling after last weeks horror show.This was as bad as I've ever seen.I'm thinking it's that shit hole of a football stadium and we don't have to play there again this year.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:08 pm

I hope Stephenson was watching tonight.

We just do not play congested, flooded footy well. North was desperate to keep their finals hopes alive, and we thought we had second spot all wrapped up in cotton wool. They had hunger, we were complacent. Credit to north, and a kick up the ass to our boys.

Tough couple of weeks ahead. Hawks, and then Eagles out west. Hawks is 50/50, Eagles will be a smashing at their home ground.

For all those bagging Aish this year, he was sorely missed tonight as he's been a solid player all year.

Adams, Langdon, and Howe -- those guys in the team, and we're a completely different team. It's like the difference between night and day with those three out. Three players we need back pronto, but aren't going to see for a while. Daics isn't up to it. Maybe give Atu or Quaynor a debut against the Hawks?

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Haff Capricorn

Medieval wrote:
We’ll lose 3 of the next 4 against HAW, WCE, GWS, RICH. Let’s see what these blokes are really made of. I’d love to be proven wrong.

I agree, if not all 4. TBH I don’t know that they will all bring the pressure Norf did. They were very good tonight.

Johnno75 

Adams comes in even if he has to hobble around on1 leg, we might then win a hard ball.....
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:10 pm

They monstered us physically. I think we must consider this due to a couple of objective factors:
a) No Tay Adams, and after half time no Brayden Sier, meaning that our midfield was denuded of physical presence.
b) Josh Daicos and Callum Brown were overawed by the physical brutality that NM unleashed. We were effectively 4 players down (if you add both Sier and Reid). This lack of midfield drive was the fundamental reason why we could not compete. Our forward line looks ordinary when our midfield is so subdued as tonight.
c) Our forward structure and potency was undermined by the absence of Reid, but more importantly, the absence of Jaidyn Stephenson is more deadly than we had estimated.

But, it is worrying that physicality such as this can so much shell shock our team. We looked a shadow of the team that played finals last year.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 pm

These players I thought tried their guts out all night - Chris Mayne, Roughy, Jack Crisp, Mihocek, JDG, Levi, Pendles ... anyone else?
I thought Shaz was okay for his first game back. Good disposal efficiency coming out of the back-line. A couple of defensive knock-ons. His marking will improve as he becomes more accustomed to the faster flow of the game. Awful night to have your first game in almost 12 months.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Losing a player 12 seconds in didnt help.

Losing a player at half time didnt help.

Playing at Marvel stadium didnt help.

But to score only 37 points and to lost by 44 to a team that is now 11th, these are no excuses.

Fair enough we lost. But it's just disappointing to be beaten so easily.

I wasnt feeling over confident, but I thought we should at least be in a position to win this game. I was massively wrong. I will not be confident going in against the Hawks, the Eagles (away) and the Giants (away) in the next three weeks.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Free BBQ for all supporters during open session this week.

Nothing like some free food to make people’s anger subside.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 pm

Cant cop that after last year making a granny with a worse injury list. I don’t want to see excuses. I want to see Bucks find a way to get the best out of the blokes on the park. Right now he’s not got it right.
Or maybe this is our best and the best we can hope for is ugly grinding wins. God I hope not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13   

Jump to: