Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Roos . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Haff wrote:

Then he pussied out of another attack on the ball..

I recall the play you are talking about Haff. Maybe he was just plain exhausted??? The backs didn't have an easy night of it. Levi wouldn't pussy out of anything! Perhaps you made the mistake of thinking the commentators are always right? Smile

This. Perfect answer PP. Greenwood was great tonight. I recall the pathetic commentators on Fox criticised Levi for that play. But as you say, he was exhausted, given the massive efforts he made in our defence.

Didn’t say green wood wasn’t good. He was one of our better players in a shocking night. I just don’t think he is a physical bull that we really need.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Bally, your review of Schazz is way too harsh. It is his first game for over a year, and was not meant to occur tonight anyway.
But yeah, most others were pretty accurate.
Everything was way down tonight. Such a loss was building, and our injuries made it even more inevitable.

Agree. Shaz will take some time. The rest I agree. I haven’t bought into the Brown hype (which is very obvious). He’s not quick (it just looks that way as his small legs have to move faster to get him up to average pace) and his small stature lends himself to getting bullied at the contest. I do like that he goes in hard but he doesn’t impact the contest.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:04 am

lihei wrote:
Seth wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This has been coming for a few weeks. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Cox is currently a liability and playing 2 dwarfs in Brown and Daics is suicidal.

Not sure where we go from here, but I fear it could get a lot worse. 😞😥

Cox should be dominating. The fact that he isn’t is one of the main reasons we have been just going this year.

His inability to consistently take marks is a real problem for someone who is the tallest player in the league.

Maybe should start concentrating on this part of his game instead of all the ads and media stuff now. Bit ahead of himself perhaps.

You can add Mr Media Street Adam Treloar to this list.

His performance is falling away badly. Just the 40 disposals last night.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:04 am

Seth wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Cox is currently a liability and playing 2 dwarfs in Brown and Daics is suicidal.

Cox should be dominating. The fact that he isn’t is one of the main reasons we have been just going this year.

His inability to consistently take marks is a real problem for someone who is the tallest player in the league.

Maybe should start concentrating on this part of his game instead of all the ads and media stuff now. Bit ahead of himself perhaps.

I don’t dislike Cox and I think that his story is unbelievable, but that is not why I follow Collingwood. Im not into feel good stories. I want us to win games and premierships.

I’m sure Bux doesn’t dislike the players that he has to delist every year. But he does for the (hopefully) betterment of the club.

I analyse out team by rating players and areas of the ground in relation to the rest of the competition. The Cox/Mihocek combination would be middle of the road at best. If we a serious about being a force, then we have to have tall forwards that are at least in the top 4 of the AFL.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 am

We need some big strong inside mids who can run and carry the ball with some penetrating kicks.
Throw Maynard, Jdg and Crisp into the midfield.
Put Varcoe to half bank flank for the player who can break the line.
Put thomas to the vfl.
Put Sidey anywhere except the midfield.
Start thinking of putting Pendles forward.
Can't play Daicos and Brown together.
Crocker looked ok in the vfl yesterday.
At least he has some strength.
IQ won't provide any upside this year except we need to
blood him at some time.
The defense has been good all year so aish, goldy can fill that role if maynard and crisp go into the midfield..
We ned some ground ballers in the front half.
Who that will be I don't know.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:11 am

2 on the bench in the first half, and Aish a late withdrawal. None of that helped.

I had the binoculars on our mids at the ball ups, and Pendles etc were constantly getting infringed - held, blocked. Scragged to the ground too long after a tackle. The umps weren't paying it because they weren't seeing it, they were watching the rucks and watching forward of the ball. That needs to be addressed. Cox... may as well accept he's Trav Cloke 2.0 -- opposition can do what they want to him.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 am

Geez Kale Kirby would have been handy right now. I'm still hurting from that. Imagine him and JDG.

When Jordy's getting held (illegally), our other forwards aren't stepping up, no crumbers. Mihocek had his player sitting on his hammer all game and gave him no space. WHE was sent further up the ground too late in the game. Daics, Brown were getting blown away by slight breezes.

I would have put Treloar forward and JDG on the ball a lot earlier. Treloar was getting the ball though... anyone have his forward entry counts?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 am

We ain’t got to comment on Hawks game but Clarko you can bet will tell his players,as he has done for years of any opposition these Collingwood players pulled out last week so hard physical pressure will be a weapon
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 am

We ain’t got to comment on Hawks game but Clarko you can bet will tell his players,as he has done for years of any opposition these Collingwood players pulled out last week so hard physical pressure will be a weapon
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
lihei wrote:
Seth wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You can add Mr Media Street Adam Treloar to this list.

His performance is falling away badly. Just the 40 disposals last night.

Someone has already mentioned it. That was the worst 40 disposal game you'll see in your life!
Wouldn't be in the best 10 of a very average bunch. Can't believe anyone would give him a single vote... let alone 5 .

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:03 pm

What I found interesting was Nathan’s admittance on Grundy

I think I was wrongfully out of character to be critical of Brody Grundy,s 1st half last week

Why would he raise that in the light of this weeks performance

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:10 pm

BazBoy wrote:
What I found interesting was Nathan’s admittance on Grundy

I think I was wrongfully out of character to be critical of Brody Grundy,s 1st half last week

Why would he raise that in the light of this weeks performance

Contract talks unfortunately. Thanks Adelaide.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Travis Varcoe has kicked 3 goals in 10 matches this year.
Absolutely poor output.
If you play in the forward line you must hit the score board more than 0.3 per match.
Get him running off half back.
We could use his pace back there.
In comparison mason cox has kicked 12 goals from 8 matches.
That is an average of 1.5 goals per match which is a lot better than 0.3
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:52 pm

Well that didn't go to plan did it

If anyone is wondering why we are looking so off the boil it can be summed up in 2 words NO ADAMS
He may not have the C next to his name but he is the inspirational leader of this team. This isn't a knock on Pendles
Adams leads the physical attack on the ball and demands others follow him
He does all the dirty stuff in the contest letting the outside mid's do there stuff
Since he's been out we have tried to play bruise free footy
We have to many players who want to wear a suit to work not overalls
Losing Seir didn't help but seriously we shouldn't be relying on a guy who's played about a dozen games to set the example
My ole mate put it on the agenda a few weeks ago about Sidey
I defended Sidey at the time but his past few weeks he's been less than handy
He's not doing the little 1%ers he used to. He seems much slower than he has in the past (he could be carrying a niggle so don't want to sound to harsh)
His overall output is massively down compared to 2018 and right now his value to the team has dimisnied from last year when he set the bar very high.
Right now he's a average player at best (he's not on his own in that regards either)

We need to pick player who are physically capable of holding there ground in a contest and stock a tackle and want to get there hands dirty
We crumbled under pressure and perceived pressure
Surprised no one has highlighted Treloar's game
39 touches @80% DE and 7 tackles was a stand out in a midfield thrashed within a inch of its life
Daicos Brown WHE aren't up to the physicals side of the game and can't play isn't he same side

Massive month ahead we really need to show something or we will limp into the finals only to crashing out without a whimper
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:03 pm

So, the betting opens with..

Rhyce Shaw 1
Nathan Buckley 0

(hope Beams and Stevo picked it in a Multi)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: