Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Port . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^good match review 67.

Adams will be missed over the next 3-6 weeks, although shouldn't be too much disruption given we showed we played the game out well without him.

Your comments on the fwd line are correct. I think that's what was frustrating over the first few weeks, we appeared to lack connectivity across the fwd group. With Billy back in the line-up and JDG ripped out regularly to run through the middle, too often we lack cohesion and effective leading targets.

Was only too apparent to me last night having a natural footballer in Reid, particularly with his marking ability and leading patterns. It made the front 6 function more effectively. He'll offer greater consistency in marking than Cox, and importantly contested marking. (Cox offers more upside but on last nights output, Reid gets another week)

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:41 am

I genuinely wonder if we can have both Cox and Reid in the side. Without Mason, we dont have a credible second ruck. Reid and Roughhead we're good at all when thrown in to the ruck.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:49 am

^

Cox has to come back in but Reid doesn't deserve to be dropped.

It's something Bucks and the selectors will be thinking about this week. I think we can.

White Black n Blood 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:32 am

I really hope we don't pull the pin on Mihocek in the next week.He has been enormous for us in a few games this season and even though he kicked two goals this week, was quiet last week. I reckon he may be in the cross hairs for Cox to return but he adds so much to our forward line and you can;t zone off him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

It's something Bucks and the selectors will be thinking about this week. I think we can.

Reid, in that state of apparent fitness and mobility, is a best-5 player on our list. I don't expect him to maintain it (his fitness track-record is not good) but he adds dramatically to the overall class of the team when he is right. It is actually a no-brainer, so long as he remains healthy and the Club is satisfied with his fitness and injury-prognosis. He is a better footballer than every one of our talls except Grundy and Moore. He kicked poorly last night but could easily have kicked 4 goals (he is, unlike many of our forwards, a generally good shot). He reads the game as well as any of our talls and could just be the difference in a very important end of season game because, generally-speaking, intercept defenders are not going to get easy interceptions on him and he has the football ability to beat any opponent, regardless of their quality.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 am

After all the uproar about umpires last week.... I hardly noticed them.last night. Just 23 frees paid.
Good stuff!
think better 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:21 am

Cam wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Pure domination. Even when Port ‘came’ during the second quarter, Coll still kicked 1.6 (should have been 4.3).

Easy win.

Next...

Hinkley told Port to come, but the Pies were already there...

Wins like this can turn top 8 material into top 4. One week at a time.

Could say that we shook them all night long

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:21 am

White Black n Blood wrote:
I really hope we don't pull the pin on Mihocek in the next week.He has been enormous for us in a few games this season and even though he kicked two goals this week, was quiet last week. I reckon he may be in the cross hairs for Cox to return but he adds so much to our forward line and you can;t zone off him.

He's been consistently down in games that have been on the line this year and his game last night was also reasonably poor. I don't think you can play a CHF who only gets 7 kicks. I always admire his efforts (the guts he showed to put on that chase and dispossess the Port player in the middle of the park in the third quarter was outstanding) and I'd love him to step up more consistently but I suspect he just doesn't have the talent to be a difference-maker in the most important matches - and if your CHF isn't capable of doing that, they aren't your CHF.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:38 am

Skids wrote:
After all the uproar about umpires last week.... I hardly noticed them.last night. Just 23 frees paid.
Good stuff!

Like that they are giving the player making the play ample opportunity to get rid of it.

Yes the crowd cries ball as soon as someone is tackled, but the player making the play is the one that is and should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Same as last week really, so it is good umpiring.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:55 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Cox was still wearing a moonboot last night. Remember Sandilands toe injuries? With Reid firing last night we can afford to be conservative with the big Yank, those feet have got to carry a fair bit of weight.

However, make no mistake, teams would much prefer matching up on Reid than Cox. He's our point of difference. They can find a player to run and jump with Reid at a similar height. Not so with Coxy.

But that being said, we might have Reid playing for a month, who knows? I hope he can stand up as long as he is required for.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Given that this was an away game (at Docklands, not at our MCG home), this was an especially good win. Only inaccurate kicking for goal stopped us winning by 10-12 goals.

Moore is the best CHB in the comp right now. Credit to Bucks for switching him from a forward with potential to an A grade star defender. His inclusion, along with Roughead, has transformed our defence. We are no longer vulnerable anywhere on the park.

Reid deserves a lot of praise for his perseverance, in hanging in there over the past 4 years where he has been ravaged by leg injuries. If he can remain injury free, he is definitely in our best 22. Given that Mihocek is so mobile, we can certainly play him along with Cox and Reid together in our forward line. My guess would be for one of Thomas or Brown to make way. The only real way to see if this structure could work is to try it in a game. This week's game against the scum is as good a game as any to play both talls.

With Adams out injured, you'd expect Aish to come straight back in.

If we can maintain our current form, I'd expect us to be sitting on top of the ladder by the half way mark of the season.

In the second half of the season we should see the return of Adams as well as Wells, Mayne, Sier and possibly Quaynor pushing for senior selection.

I can't remember the last time we were favourites to play in the grand final this early in the season.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
The fact that the afl have allowed Port to change their ‘alternate’ strip from all white to darkish grey is pathetic and an embarrassment.

Port’s colours are black, white and teal.

All black (home) and all white (away), is the quintessential ‘clash’ package. Basically, like ours.

Why they changed to all grey with black and white V with white shorts and all black socks for ‘clash’ games is embarrassing and the AFL has proven once and for all that they are run by imbeciles.

It looked like arse at the stadium. It looked like arse on the TV replay. On more than one occasion players second guessed their disposal or flat out gave it to the opposition.

I should be astounded that the afl agreed to green light this sh!t, but I’m not. They run a Mickey Mouse league that masquerades as a professional outfit.

Pathetic.

To be fair tho, some people like arse.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:30 pm

When people debate whether we can fit all of Cox, Mihocek and Reid in the one side you have to factor de Goey in also as he's basically a de facto key forward such is his ability and presence within f50.

For it to work de Goey seemingly would need to increase his midfield minutes and with Adams set to miss with injury an opportunity has presented if we wish to trial it.

So if we want to play the 3 talls:

Out:Adams(inj)
In:Cox

If we don't:

Out:Adams(inj)
In:Aish

eureka 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Was impressed with Reid performance very handy inclusion
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Reid was outstanding, really. Could’ve had 4-5 goals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: