Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Bombers . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Thomas needs a rest and will be out for Billy and Greenwood out for Aishe.Team is looking very settled now.WHE will only get better for the run.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:23 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Another pretty good game from Callum Brown. Not sure if it means he retains his spot when Elliott returns, but he's showing a bit. The play where he won the ball in defence and then ran on and hit up a pass was excellent.

The way he ran down the clock with 2 shots at goal at the end showed maturity and awareness too.

In regard to the umpiring, I thought it was inconsistent and borderline poor all day, not just for the frees given but the ones that weren't. Whoever lost that game was always going to be livid.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Another pretty good game from Callum Brown. Not sure if it means he retains his spot when Elliott returns, but he's showing a bit. The play where he won the ball in defence and then ran on and hit up a pass was excellent.

The way he ran down the clock with 2 shots at goal at the end showed maturity and awareness too.

In regard to the umpiring, I thought it was inconsistent and borderline poor all day, not just for the frees given but the ones that weren't. Whoever lost that game was always going to be livid.

I agree. A lot of it was gobsmacking, so inconsistent, it’s just not good enough.

I laughed at your first line!!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 pm

I reckon the Essendon crowd were booing because they were filthy that Pendles has equaled Hird's Anzac medal count.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Damien wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Damien wrote:
Settle people. If we were on the wrong end of that umpiring display we would have embarrassed ourselves much more. They were emotional and rightly so. It wasn’t against Pendles, it was anger against the umpires. We won and we take the 4 points and move on.

any chance we get those three again.

They must all be Pies supporters.

Seriously though; most on here are so quick to blame the umpires for every loss but few acknowledge when we get the good end of it. Well I can tell ya; we got it today.

The 2 x frees in front of Ess goal (against Grundy and Langdon) beg to differ.

Spare me.

Yep, ours were cheapies where they don’t count

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 pm

KenH wrote:
Damien wrote:
Dane Swan on Facebook has a bit to say about the booing.

Very classy Swanny!

What did Swanny say?

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Both teams who play normally play fast free-flowing football elected to play a contested and congested style. Our game wasn't pretty but it got the job done. Make no mistake they were up for the fight today. Everyone was on their bandwagon pumping them up but we kicked them back to the gutter where they belong. Rubbish umpiring for both sides changed momentum when the game was hot or seemed to be swinging. Our kicking for goal is terrible and needs to be cleaned up. We should really be celebrating a 3-4 goal win rather than a 4 point win. Our clearance rate must improve. Skills must improve. Our intensity and endeavour is great. We are a gutsy team capable of anything. Shame on all the low life doper supporting scum who booed our captain while accepting his award and making his speech.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Pie-For-Life wrote:
Booing by Essendon supporters just appalling, Great words from Bucks to out them

They boo Pendles who hasn't put a foot wrong his whole career yet they stuck by Hird, absolute wankers!

I let a few of them have it at the ground don't you worry, they left with their tails between their legs!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Too many of these low scoring arm wrestles are not good for the nerves or heart.

I’d love a few 100 point wins in a row to settle the nerves.

Rewatching the final quarter now.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
derkd wrote:
Roughhead was great .

I think Moore was very good.

Varcoe struggled.

We missed Elliott.

Hoskin-Eliott was alright for first game back.

Pendles brilliant and well deserved winner.

Thomas was poor I think. Really lucky to be holding his spot

fair call on all the above.
but you can add Sidebottom to the last sentence.

and before all the Sidebottom coat tail holders come at me, Thomas kicked a goal too you know.

That is just a stupid post. Sidebottom was our second best player to half time. If you couldn’t see that, you should think about following a different sport. What did he have - 18 disposals and 390 metres gained to half time playing as a forward wing, before going back to help out on the ground when the going got harder in defence in the second half? He was close to being in the votes.

you and I watch a different game. I give credit where credit is due and Sidebottom is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for any accolades.
I feel tom Phillips needs a spell as does and jack crisp who would want to rekindle some faith.
these are three players who consistently butcher the ball because of bad decision making, arrogance and skill deficiency. Sidebottom is next to useless in the centre or on a wing because of is lack of tackle efficiency, marking and kicking ability. could only be used as crumbling forward in the form he's in atm. he poses less damage to the team without the ball in the hand. if only he could tackle.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
I reckon the Essendon crowd were booing because they were filthy that Pendles has equaled Hird's Anzac medal count.

Yes - I just posted the same thing in the “Shame on them” thread.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Absolutely agree with this, it was awful for both sides. Umps didn't handle their orders and directions very well today. Love to have heard what was being said to them via their mics ("make it a close game!"). They definitely ignored the holds on Beams at the ball ups all game.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 pm

simon tonna wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
derkd wrote:
Roughhead was great .

I think Moore was very good.

Varcoe struggled.

We missed Elliott.

Hoskin-Eliott was alright for first game back.

Pendles brilliant and well deserved winner.

Thomas was poor I think. Really lucky to be holding his spot

fair call on all the above.
but you can add Sidebottom to the last sentence.

and before all the Sidebottom coat tail holders come at me, Thomas kicked a goal too you know.

That is just a stupid post. Sidebottom was our second best player to half time. If you couldn’t see that, you should think about following a different sport. What did he have - 18 disposals and 390 metres gained to half time playing as a forward wing, before going back to help out on the ground when the going got harder in defence in the second half? He was close to being in the votes.

you and I watch a different game. I give credit where credit is due and Sidebottom is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for any accolades.
I feel tom Phillips needs a spell as does and jack crisp who would want to rekindle some faith.
these are three players who consistently butcher the ball because of bad decision making, arrogance and skill deficiency. Sidebottom is next to useless in the centre or on a wing because of is lack of tackle efficiency, marking and kicking ability. could only be used as crumbling forward in the form he's in atm. he poses less damage to the team without the ball in the hand. if only he could tackle.
if you think Sidebottom, Phillips and Crisp need a run in the VFL after that, you are scarily wrong. They were all in our top half today, on any view and however ridiculously biased anyone might want to be about it.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Damien wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Damien wrote:
Settle people. If we were on the wrong end of that umpiring display we would have embarrassed ourselves much more. They were emotional and rightly so. It wasn’t against Pendles, it was anger against the umpires. We won and we take the 4 points and move on.

any chance we get those three again.

They must all be Pies supporters.

Seriously though; most on here are so quick to blame the umpires for every loss but few acknowledge when we get the good end of it. Well I can tell ya; we got it today.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with that.Essendon got three goals from dubious free kicks,including the last one against Langdon that wasn’t there.Both players were holding onto each other,so it should have been play on.If you think Essendon were stiff because of the non holding the ball decision in the last minute.Well,they didn’t pay holding the ball all day,so why would they start paying it in the last minute?And the ball was deep in our forward line anyway,so it was unlikely they would have scored from there anyway.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Is Pendles playing a litle different role this year?
Seems to be playing an almost a midfield sweeper.
I reckon varcoe is cooked as a forward.
Play him off back flank.
A very good win overall.
Thought JDG was slightly off his game.
Maybe carrying an injury??
I really like our style of game over the last few weeks.
And as Warburton Lad said we have lots of potential in his stated list.

Last edited by masoncox on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16   

Jump to: