Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies punish Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/3AWisfootball/status/1118792418508148737

' "This should be the Leigh Matthews Cup," points out @rohan_connolly

"I actually suggested that," says Leigh.'
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:16 pm

K wrote:
<snip>

"If
Hodgey thinks it is a good idea to combine a well-paid media contract with a football one and provide commentary during an actual game of football ...

then
he might want to re-think it. Talking dribble within-match adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast, nor his now back-to-reality and consecutive-week thrashed team. Focus on your footy club, the media deals can be pursued when you're retired."

(Barrett.)

It's nice when footy media brawls don't involve the Pies Wink :

"Regarding the Sliding Doors column I wrote last Friday on AFL.com.au, at which Hodge bristled and called me a "knob" … fair enough, Hodgey. I was a knob, whatever definition you which to attach to that word.

I did use the phrase "well-paid contract" to describe your dealings with Channel Seven. That was wrong. Repeat … wrong. And Hodgey, I do here apologise for that, as I did on the Sunday Footy Show, and would have done on Triple M on Saturday if you at some stage had taken your eyes off the notes in front of you in your too-long rant.

What I wrote was poorly worded. And I do get why you got so worked up.

What I should have said was that you had "financial arrangements" with Channel Seven, given you have been very well paid by that network in the past and will again get paid by it in 2019."
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 pm

"Brisbane made the Magpies look like world-beaters with a mountain of back-half turnovers and half-baked efforts on Thursday night, but the performance from Collingwood's forward line would send a shudder through most opposition defences. With Mason Cox the only recognised 'tall', the versatility in the air and on the ground around the giant American is a match-up nightmare. Jaidyn Stephenson torched his Lions' opponents with blistering speed off the mark and took seven marks inside 50. He kicked three goals. Brody Mihocek was tireless up and down the field. He kicked four. Jordan de Goey floated in and out to kick three. Spring-heeled Jamie Elliott is looking better every week. He kicked two. And as if that wasn't enough, Josh Thomas and Callum Brown drifted in to add two apiece. There is nowhere to hide defensively if the Magpies move the ball with speed." - Michael Whiting (afl.com.au)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: