Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

May 18th Federal Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Tumeric latte's?

That's surprising as prior to the election, various sources were touting how young people had enrolled in record numbers.

My daughter enrolled for the election, at her GF's urging and voted Green despite (or maybe because?) having zero interest in politics

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Bill Shorten shapes as the new Krudd for Labor, or their version of Abbott.

Clearly takes no fault for losing the unloseable election, instead blaming media and therefore totally insulting all the people who didn't vote Labor.

Apparently still habours leadership aspirations which proves he's delusional. Dude, on a preferred PM poll, you lost out consistently to Abbott, Turnbull and Sco Mo. Face reality wee willy, you're as popular with the Australian public as a Vegan at a butchers picnic.

The bloke is delusional and has had no introspection about why he lost the unloseable election.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:18 pm

You make yourself a big target you will get hit. Too many changes made people scared as people don't like change. As for reports that Shorten wants to be leader again, I call bullshit to that and it's just media speculation to keep a story running. The ALP won't win the next election unless things turn to shit in Queensland and the world economy collapses. My view is the LNP have a clear mandate to pass all their policies as the people rejected the ALPs policies.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 7:32 pm

And pretty much 12 months later, after bushfires and coronavirus lockdowns, Anthony Albanese is doing something I didn't think was possible.

He's making Shorten seem charismatic and electable by comparison.

I don't dislike the guy but everytime I see him on TV speaking, I cringe. The only way Labor is winning a federal election this decade is by default.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm happy to put my hand up and say I was wrong. You can probably find posts here from 2013 and after of me, if perhaps not quite singing Albo's praises, then at least describing him as a far preferable leader to Shorten. I actually think Shorten was a little better than I gave him credit for, and Albanese is just a complete zero. And it's not like there's even someone else brilliant waiting in the wings.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Morrison hasn't given him much to work with in recent months, but geez he's been uninspiring in his media releases. Utter beige .
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:23 am

The Eden-Monaro by-election is going down to the wire, with pre-polls likely to determine the winner.

Labor has suffered a 3.5% swing against it with the Liberals gaining a 1.5% swing in their favour. The Greens and Nationals have also struggled this evening.

Could the Libs snatch the seat after 100 years of Labor control? Is Albanese in trouble?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/eden-monaro-by-election-2020/results/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:47 am

Jezza wrote:
The Eden-Monaro by-election is going down to the wire, with pre-polls likely to determine the winner.

Labor has suffered a 3.5% swing against it with the Liberals gaining a 1.5% swing in their favour. The Greens and Nationals have also struggled this evening.

Could the Libs snatch the seat after 100 years of Labor control? Is Albanese in trouble?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/eden-monaro-by-election-2020/results/

I know lawyers like to highlight certain facts and emphasise others but let’s be accurate at the same time your worship:

Eden-Monaro (EM)has been a typical bell-weather seat generally going with the Government of the day:

EM has been both Labour and anti Labour since its inception in 1901
EM’s Mike Kelly went against the bell weather trend by his personal appeal & kept it in ALP hands despite the win by Scotty from Marketing
EM’s most recent redistribution made it marginally Liberal

This By-election is unlike any other by-election because we are in a war like environment. Major catastrophes / National emergencies like ( what comes to mind ???? Oh I know the Coronavirus) invariably solidify support to the existing Federal Government ( Secondary school politics I would have thought)

Apart from the above eency details ur right 😉

The postal / early votes to be counted generally go anti ALP. I expect a narrow Lib win. Must speak with Anthony Green

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:31 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-04/eden-monaro-by-election-results-for-labor-and-liberal-candidates/12422736
Quote:

While Labor's primary vote dropped compared to last year's federal election, Green said it would hold the seat after preference flows from a late dump of ballots.

Neither Ms McBain or Liberal opponent Fiona Kotvojs claimed victory on the night, but Green said the candidates did not know the full picture when they addressed supporters about 11:00pm.

"When the two contenders spoke, preference counts for the Queanbeyan pre-poll centres had not reported," he said.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:45 am

A number of surprising aspects are coming to the fore in this unusual by election:

John Baralaro of NSW State Nationals says on sky news he voted for the ALP federal candidate in the last federal election 😱

ALP loses primary vote

ALP getting 20-30% of Nat preferences

ALP getting % of the shooter, fishers and f*ckers party vote 😱

More to come.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:17 pm

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-05/labor-kristy-mcbain-claims-eden-monaro-nsw-by-election-win/12423210
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:35 pm

watt price tully wrote:

More to come.

I'm not much of a fisher, but I'm liking where that party is headed.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-05/labor-kristy-mcbain-claims-eden-monaro-nsw-by-election-win/12423210

I’d prefer they wait till it’s definitely all over although the winning candidate said that has occurred; I don’t fully understand the science of psephology.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

More to come.

I'm not much of a fisher, but I'm liking where that party is headed.

Like the Wombat Party: Eats, roots and leaves

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:57 am

Labor are claiming victory, though the count has not been finalised yet.

First Preference
- Liberal = 35,030 (38.29%)
- Labor = 32,900 (35.96%)
- National = 5,886 (6.43%)
- Greens = 5,111 (5.59%)
- Shooters = 4,902 (5.36%)
- HEMP = 2,095 (2.29%)

After Preferences
- Labor = 46,106 (50.40%)
- Liberal = 45,369 (49.60%)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25   

Jump to: