Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who’s the whipping boy this season (2019-2022)?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
WHE possibly had more score involvement for Carlton than us yesterday. Reminded me of a basketballer that shoot in the opposition ring.

oh God, thats a best forgotten memory - we are netballers, put together a basketball team, played over against the ferals in Collingwood, i was dating the coach, 2 seasons didnt get close a win, 2nd last game and we were doing well, after half time i stole the ball out of the centre and took off down the court, and i left everyone standing....well i thought i did! first time i ever scored a layup... yes for them! the game was a draw, and the ride home with the coach was very quiet!! it didnt last long after that!!

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:11 pm

think positive wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
WHE possibly had more score involvement for Carlton than us yesterday. Reminded me of a basketballer that shoot in the opposition ring.

oh God, thats a best forgotten memory - we are netballers, put together a basketball team, played over against the ferals in Collingwood, i was dating the coach, 2 seasons didnt get close a win, 2nd last game and we were doing well, after half time i stole the ball out of the centre and took off down the court, and i left everyone standing....well i thought i did! first time i ever scored a layup... yes for them! the game was a draw, and the ride home with the coach was very quiet!! it didnt last long after that!!

Don't worry about that, you're not the only one ever to have done it. I have seen it happen before............in the under 8's!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:13 pm

I suspect WHE is posting here for Phillips to take the heat off him 😂

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm

It's Grundy
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:51 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
think positive wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Don't worry about that, you're not the only one ever to have done it. I have seen it happen before............in the under 8's!

I have seen it U/16 and with 50 ppl yelling to try and stop it.

Was Tyler Brown this weeks score for the opposition moment or was it Phillips’ impressive 15m backwards handball to Cameron who was the best part of 10m in the clear that set up Hipwood’s goal.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:16 pm

Early tip for the 2021 whipping boy; Cunnington.
Pep 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:20 pm

^ that got a laugh out of me!

This year would have to be Phillips... that hand ball Johnno75 mentioned from Phillips was the one that had me in disbelief... I assume he was trying to handball to crisp??

Waters the reply of that sequence a few times and I still don’t know how he managed to do that...
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Early tip for the 2021 whipping boy; Cunnington.

Cunnington is the one who does the whipping
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 pm
Post subject: Who’s the whipping boy for 2019? (and 2020, and 2021)Reply with quote

[Bump for 2021]

See the OP for hints on whipping boy selection.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:42 pm

think positive wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
... Reminded me of a basketballer that shoot in the opposition ring.

You couldn't get it turned into a rushed behind? Question

Can you believe it? Tarni Brown did the same thing for Collingwood AFLW today! Shocked
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Quaynor's really been a disappointment so far in his career. [Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:26 pm]

And now?! What about now?! lol Laughing

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 pm

piedys wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Quaynor's really been a disappointment so far in his career. [Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:26 pm]

Agree Piedsy.
Pies4Shaw totally dismisses the value of IQ.
He also thinks Noble is substandard.
Very negative perspective.2

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Whipping boy for 2021 is clearly JT. Does not deserve the flak he cops every week.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:04 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Agree Piedsy.
Pies4Shaw totally dismisses the value of IQ.
He also thinks Noble is substandard.
Very negative perspective.2

Look at the date March 2019
It’s right at the time Langdon’s spot in the side was in doubt with a horrible performance against the Cats which was on the heals of his GF game where he literally handed the premiership cup to west coast
See P4S admonished any player he suspected would take a favourite player of his spot in the side
Take what he says about most players with a grain of salt
Even last Thursday against the Lions after Sidey playing what can only be described as a horrendous game he found time to bag Adams and the rest of the midfield and others sparing Sidey from his criticism
Really Sidey was more responsible for the loss that nearly any other player wearing black and white
Look at his 4 free kicks against giving the Lions a easy path out of our attacking 50 of his disposal eff at under 42%
He will use the line he had a poor night by his high standards problem is Sidey hasn’t played a decent game since the PF in 2018
Since the 2018 GF when West coast deployed hutchings to him and he was basically invisible for the game every club now knows for sure what many of us have been saying for years he can’t play under pressure or when ever a opposition player puts any work into him at all
I remember the famous Melbourne Demon player Tomas Bugg giving Sidey a massive bath in around 2016 I said then and there he can’t play under any pressure
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:18 am

Mine was a tongue in cheek comment, posted during Isaac's first pre-season, 4 months before he debuted. It wasn't a comment on Quaynor - it was a comment on the sorts of unfair things people say about "whipping boys".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: