Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood v. Richmond edition of The Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:47 am
Post subject: The Collingwood v. Richmond edition of The Rant is now up!Reply with quote

We're moving back into the swing of the 2020 AFL Home & Away season, and what better way to kick off the resumption than with a blockbuster in front of empty seats?

This week on The Rant:

- Sly and Spook dissect the ignominious draw between Collingwood and Richmond
- Media Mephitic is back, and it's the shortest one ever!
- Sly and Spook preview the upcoming game against St Kilda!

All this on The Rant!

Don't believe the facts until you've seen the Rant!

Check it out on YouTube here.

Listen to our podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
DT 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting discussion. Generally I am on a similar page but not as much with this episode.

Depth - I think the depth this year is the best in several years. Excellent recruitment of Cameron to shore up a glaring hole in our squad. Ongoing development of Quaynor Browns Murphy Appleby Kelly Wills and Sier shows we have more competition for spots

Match winners - Agree with you that JDG is the obvious one. But historically we haven’t had many of these - Daicos and Swan were our best two that come to mind. I think though nowadays it is built on the collective and the steel of the defence last week was brilliant. I do think Grundy and Treloar can win matches too.

Forward Line - clearly not firing yet but put back in an in form Cox and Stevo and the dynamic changes.

Inside Mids - totally agree that either Wills or Sier comes in, which frees up JDG to go forward. My big issue with JDG is that his goal kicking is terrible

Great work as always and hopefully we celebrate many wins this year including another October premiership

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the super-belated reply.

I like a number of those players you name, but right now I wouldn't consider them depth because they're still so inexperienced. The compromised competition this year isn't going to help with development.

The likes of the Browns, Daicos, Murphy, Kelly, Wills and Sier still have very limited games under their belt. They're going to have quiet games (as happened with those who played last week). That's not a criticism of them -- it's just where they stand at the moment.

I look at depth more like either players who can come straight in and do a job (e.g. Varcoe, Thomas), or who -- despite age and inexperience -- can offer consistency in output and play a role (like Sier in 2018, or even Stephenson in the same year).

I think we have a very vulnerable underbelly, as last Friday night proved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: