Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Wonka 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicks Bux wrote:

I was thinking of putting a heap of cash on Biden the other day because I think he's a certainty to win the popular vote, but I'm wary about Trump's ability to steal it through a combination of: voter suppression, disqualifying postal votes & contesting the result before the conservative Supreme Court.

Check SportsBet's terms and conditions re. contesting the result.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:35 pm

roar wrote:
My example had nothing to do with editing due to journalistic standards. He is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist that was been censored due to writing an article questioning the Biden issues.

Of course, that won't interest you because you seem to believe any approach used to battle Trump is fair, which is exactly the point we are making.

Rubbish. Utter, unqualified transparent rubbish.

The point here is that there is no credible evidence as regards the allegations coming out of the Trump camp. They are just unsupported claims, made by known serial liars.

I'd sooner believe the babies overboard one. It wasn't quite so obviously a lie.

No credible newspaper would print that rubbish. (Murdoch did print it, which speaks for itself really.)

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Credible news sources are supposed to report news, not censor it.

By all means add caveats if they want around validity, but news is supposed to inform not shape opinion or censor stuff.

roar 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:44 pm

I can scream "rubbish", too, but I don't because I realise it means nothing without substantiation, no matter how eloquent the rant.

Fact remains that a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist has resigned from a media source - one he started to allow integrity of reportage and editorial independence - because the editors there wanted to censor his article because it was discussing issues with the Biden camp.

Unfortunately this is not an isolated case but rather, another quality journalist being pushed out of a media source due to partisan politics. We now live in a world where sides are picked and there is no dissension allowed within the "team" because the other side are considered "far worse', therefore cheating is allowed.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:02 pm

The fact remains that there is no credible evidence to support that muckraking. Stories that do not satisfy the basic requirements of journalistic honesty and ethics are not printed by any reputable paper, and rightly so.

If there was actual evidence, any hint of anything to see other than rumours started by Trump cronies - one of them already facing trial for fraud - then sure, print it. But there isn't.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:27 am

So what can we make of the Steele dossier being reported on uncritically by quality newspapers, along with the other preposterous claims that came out around Russiagate (that Trump was a Russian agent, etc.)? All of that stuff was bogus and poorly sourced, but it slipped past the editors because it served a political agenda they were sympathetic to. (And let’s not even get started on these same outlets’ utter credulity when it came to reporting on intelligence claims about Saddam’s WMDs eighteen years ago.)
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:10 am

There are heaps of examples, David, but it's no use as they won't accept anything that isn't bashing the "right".
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:04 pm

If there's one thing that genuinely puzzles me about Trump, it's his relationship with Fauci. His supporters seem to despise him for some indecipherable reason, and yet Trump – who has rarely seemed averse to giving other officials their marching orders – seems half the time insistent on backing him and half the time willing to play into the animosity. Does he secretly realise that his COVID-19 response would be an even bigger shambles if Fauci wasn't there, but also resent the fact that Fauci is smarter than him, or something?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/02/donald-trump-threatens-to-fire-anthony-fauci-after-us-election

Either way, I look forward to (hopefully) no longer having to think or care about these questions in 48 hours.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:55 am

Anyone actually know what he said here?

https://www.westernjournal.com/joe-biden-slurs-words-leaves-internet-baffled-trying-interpret-phrase/

"I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize truinnerashuvaduprezure"

how would you say that in sign language?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 am

His campaign manager, and all of the other sane staff members left (if any), won't let him sack Fauci because they know that it would cost a heap of votes. But Trump hates Fauci with a real fury. Fauci does science, he does facts and he does evidence - all things Trump cannot abide - and he is a living, breathing, everyday reminder of how m,any Americans Trump has killed. Fauci's presence anywhere neat=r Trump is intolerable. Watch what happens after the election - there is a very good chance that Trump will fire him, regardless of the result.

The things the defeated Trump will do during the lame duck period don't bear thinking about.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 am

Pi wrote:
Anyone actually know what he said here?

https://www.westernjournal.com/joe-biden-slurs-words-leaves-internet-baffled-trying-interpret-phrase/

"I’ll lead an effective strategy to mobilize truinnerashuvaduprezure"

how would you say that in sign language?

That's a hell of a stutter.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:19 am

I do suspect a bit of bad faith on that site’s part – it’s clear to me that he said "international" and "pressure". Just not quite sure what the syllables in between were supposed to be! (As for whether it is actually a result of his speech impediment, I could actually buy that in this case.)
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:55 am

^ what; a journalist acting in bad faith? how dare you Laughing

Biden was never that bad, listen to his speeches from 30 years ago. Every time I listen to the video I hear something different.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am

Yes, I do think there's been a sharp decline in the last four years, no question.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:08 am

https://babylonbee.com/news/pentecostals-lean-toward-biden-after-he-speaks-in-incomprehensible-sentences/?

Apparently he was speaking in tongues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 84 of 85   

Jump to: