Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was I serious? F#ck no. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:15 pm

Oh, thank god for that lol.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Meanwhile Kanye is busy getting his name on state ballot papers in prep for the election.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:22 pm

All that money and he has nothing better to do than run a joke campaign.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:44 pm

All that money and the IQ of a hamster.

Far left progressives must hate him, they's so fond of pointing out how all the wealth is inherited through white families, yet a black rapper with a flair for marketing can (apparently) become a billionaire.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:55 pm

^ Total straw man, Stui. Even the most cartoonish leftist understands that some individuals from underprivileged backgrounds can strike it rich. The point is that people like West are the exception that prove the rule and that the vast majority of people from poor and/or historically disadvantaged ethnic backgrounds in the US are barely even scraping by – and that a great many remain trapped in the cycle of poverty.

I mean, forget about "the left"; it should be obvious to everybody regardless of their political disposition that one super-rich black guy (or 100) means nothing whatsoever.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 pm

You over estimate the intelligence of those cartoon leftists.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 am

But your premise suggests that the wealth of Kanye West (and Michael Jordan, and Oprah Winfrey) is something they’ve never heard of and that it would break their brains if they found out, which is totally implausible because everybody who doesn’t live under a rock knows that these people are rich and understands that it’s possible in America for them to be. I can accept that some leftists might have bad or ultra-simplistic explanations for why Oprah is a multimillionaire, but the idea that it torpedoes their world view implies a position that I don’t think anybody actually holds.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:34 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/30/trump-election-delay-distraction-tweet-economic-figures

Quote:
Donald Trump has floated the idea of delaying November’s presidential election, repeating his false claim that widespread voting by mail from home would result in a “fraudulent” result.

Trump made the incendiary proposal, which is not within his power to order, in a Thursday morning tweet that came as the country reeled from disastrous economic news and a coronavirus death toll that now exceeds 150,000 people.

The suggestion prompted swift and fervent rejections from experts and critics, as well as high-profile members of his own party.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:00 am

David wrote:
But your premise suggests that the wealth of Kanye West (and Michael Jordan, and Oprah Winfrey) is something they’ve never heard of and that it would break their brains if they found out, which is totally implausible because everybody who doesn’t live under a rock knows that these people are rich and understands that it’s possible in America for them to be. I can accept that some leftists might have bad or ultra-simplistic explanations for why Oprah is a multimillionaire, but the idea that it torpedoes their world view implies a position that I don’t think anybody actually holds.

No, my premise doesn't suggest anything of the sort, ffs. Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Well, let's just say far-left progressives hate Kanye for his wealth in the same way doctors hate that woman in the clickbait ads for discovering a $5 wrinkle cure at home. Laughing
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:29 pm

The Democrat identitarians don't care what the ghouls in the top 1% inflict on the rest of us just as long as the top 1% is diverse. I'm not onboard with that.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 am

Quote:
U.S.—In a revelation that could upend the 2020 presidential campaign, a shocking new video has emerged of Joe Biden saying a full, coherent sentence. To the relief of many dozens of supporters, Biden has proved to the world that he can string at least 8 words together in the proper order according to guidelines set forth by the English language.

According to sources who have obtained a copy of the leaked video, there is a moment where Biden looks directly at the camera and says, "I'm Joe Biden, and I'm running for president."

Many are applauding this colossal achievement by the presidential candidate. However, for those who enjoy Biden's folksy way of jumbling his words, this is being seen as a major gaffe. The campaign immediately started doing damage control, releasing ads reminding voters that Joe Biden is still the bumbling old goof they know and love.

Biden's team of 13 sound engineers tasked with piecing together random words uttered by Biden and forming real sentences with them for campaign ads is reportedly concerned for their jobs after hearing the possibility they may not be needed anymore.

Update: the video has been exposed as a doctored deep fake.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://babylonbee.com/news/shocking-video-emerges-of-biden-saying-something-completely-coherent

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:47 pm

The Democratic Convention starts on the 17th, so Biden's running mate should be announced any day. On one hand I hope it's not Kamala Harris because I can't stand her. On the other hand I hope it is Harris and she gets poleaxed during the pointy end of the campaign. I hear Susan Rice is another strong chance but I don't know much about her.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:55 pm

David wrote:

WTAF!! what the **** are you smokin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 56 of 85   

Jump to: