Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
^ Trump did the Ukraine thing because Biden was dominating in the polls midway through last year. I don't actually think he fears him at all. I mean, why would you? The Democrats' best hope is to keep him hidden away at this point, and they can only do that for so long.

I think the election is Trump's to lose at this point, and while we can be reasonably assured that he'll do his best to screw up I'm not sure it'll matter at this point.

Yup.

As predicted, Trump will win unless he makes a farkup so large even he can't recover. Remember his comment back when he was just trying to win the Republican Nomination in January 2016?

Quote:
Trump: "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

So far that has proved to be pretty accurate and nothing he's done to date is going to lose the next election for him

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Jezza wrote:
The Democrats cannot hide that Biden is going through major cognitive decline.

Let's pretend that that is true for a minute. OK, we know it's PR BS from the Trump supporters, but let's just pretend that it is true. That leaves us with a doddery old man who is losing his sense vs a raving fruitcake with delusions who never had any.

Yep, easy to choose between those two.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:10 pm

David wrote:
^ Trump did the Ukraine thing because Biden was dominating in the polls midway through last year. I don't actually think he fears him at all. I mean, why would you? The Democrats' best hope is to keep him hidden away at this point, and they can only do that for so long.

I think the election is Trump's to lose at this point, and while we can be reasonably assured that he'll do his best to screw up I'm not sure it'll matter at this point.

You're grossly overstating Trumps chances.

He was already less popular than an unpopular Clinton last time and Biden in reality only needs a small proportion who voted for Trump in 2016 to jump ship in those marginally held Republican states.

Biden is white, has a penis and is conservative enough in his policies to achieve victory while one would hope if any sensible moderate Republican voters even exist then Trumps incompetence that they've tried hard to ignore until now can no longer be tolerated with his mishandling of the COVID-19 threat.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Yup.

As predicted, Trump will win unless he makes a farkup so large even he can't recover. Remember his comment back when he was just trying to win the Republican Nomination in January 2016?

Quote:
Trump: "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

So far that has proved to be pretty accurate and nothing he's done to date is going to lose the next election for him

So 30,000 dead and counting is nothing? Rolling Eyes

Honestly some of you are so rusted on even COVID-19 couldn't penetrate.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Tannin wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Let's pretend that that is true for a minute. OK, we know it's PR BS from the Trump supporters, but let's just pretend that it is true. That leaves us with a doddery old man who is losing his sense vs a raving fruitcake with delusions who never had any.

Yeah, Biden's losing it and has sexual assault allegations hanging over him for Trump to attack because nobody else has touched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCxJGOkfKo

Trump isn't a loon, he's probably ADD from what I've read in his books and while I can't diagnose the man some kind of autism wouldn't surprise me but he's switched on. He's been underestimated by the political elite since he announced, and they're still underestimating him. Biden is a fall guy for a solid Dem run in 2024. If he wins somehow then his VP will be president in 6 months.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Yup.

Quote:

So 30,000 dead and counting is nothing? Rolling Eyes

Honestly some of you are so rusted on even COVID-19 couldn't penetrate.

I genuinely couldn't give a fat rats arse who the next POTUS is, I just think it will be Trump. Don't confuse picking holes in hopelessly biased posts or making comments like the above as being an active supporter or cheerleader, I find it hilarious that he manages to infuriate so many allegedly intelligent people while skating through like Teflon.

Case in point, over 11,500 of those deaths are from New York. Trump cops shit yet the Governor of NY is mentioned as a potential Democratic Presidential candidate for the great job he's doing. The rest of the country seems to be doing reasonably well, considering local movement and lock downs are up to state governors.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Tannin wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I honestly don’t know how anyone who has seen the clips can think otherwise. And it’s hardly a wild theory; dementia in some form is very, very common among people in his age group, and all the signs seem to be there: losing track of what he was saying halfway through ("you know the thing"), forgetting names ("president ... my boss"), seeming to forget what decade he’s living in (references to recently meeting with Deng Xiaoping), etc.

We can (well, okay, at least some of us can) agree that Trump is a manifestly unsuitable person to be president, but that won’t make Biden’s problems go away. And being better than Trump is a pretty low bar at this point.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:13 pm

swoop42 wrote:
David wrote:

You're grossly overstating Trumps chances.

He was already less popular than an unpopular Clinton last time and Biden in reality only needs a small proportion who voted for Trump in 2016 to jump ship in those marginally held Republican states.

Biden doesn't need any Republican votes, moderate or otherwise. All he need is the regular Democrat turnout - the same people who voted Democrat every other time except 2016.

People forget how bad the Democrat turn-out was in 2016. Democrats simply couldn't be arsed getting out of bed to vote for Hillary Clinton. Trump got a woefully low vote in 2016, lower than Mitt Romney the loser from the time before. The difference was Clinton. Anyone else would have won easily. Biden will win it comfortably this time.

David Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:11 pm

^ Don’t forget the historical advantage offered by incumbency, though. I fear that will play in Trump’s favour.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:27 am

https://news.gallup.com/poll/308675/trump-job-rating-slides-satisfaction-tumbles.aspx
David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:38 pm

A strongly argued, in-depth piece on the allegations against Joe Biden and why they should be taken seriously:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/04/evaluating-tara-reades-claims

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:35 pm

^ Bluaugh. No-one cares.

(Sour grapes from the Benie lovers and the inner city wokists can safely be ignored by all sensible people.)

(As for the naked idiocy of even thinking about these things given that the alternative is the Pussy Grabber in Chief ... words fail me.)

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Hey, nobody's saying you have to care about it. Many people accepted the allegations against Trump and voted for him anyway, and I get the reasoning; frankly, I have always thought it's absurd that matters of such gravity as the political direction of the most powerful country in the world can be decided by something as trivial as a presidential candidate's character flaws. But to ignore or dismiss such allegations for the sake of political convenience is, of course, monstrous.

(Also, people do realise that Biden hasn't actually been nominated yet, right? It is entirely possible that he could step down between now and the July convention, and that they could find another candidate to replace him. If he hasn't died of natural causes by then.)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:34 pm

It's a frigging long article but yeah, when you look at how her complaints have been reported by the main stream media compared to similar complaints made against others, something definitely doesn't add up.

Having said that, it's also ridiculously easy for someone to slander a person in the US without ever trying to test the accusations in a court or tribunal other than that of public opinion

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:26 pm

Bin Laden wanted to assassinate Obama so that America would go to shit under Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/osama-bin-laden-wanted-to-kill-obama-so-biden-would-be-president-declassified-docs-show

:Lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 46 of 85   

Jump to: