Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

2016 had a lot more 3rd party voters than usual in a race without a viable 3rd party challenger. Both Clinton and Trump had members of their own party voting against them, but not FOR the other candidate (Never Trump republicans voting Libertarian and Bernie Bros going with Jill Stein and the Greens).
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 am

Speaking of fasco-protectionists:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/us/politics/wisconsin-primary-election.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 pm

This week's Reuters/Ipsos Core Political shows Americans are increasingly adjusting their lives around the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, fewer Americans think that the country is headed in the right direction, and approval on the president’s handling of the pandemic has decreased. Healthcare and the economy continue to be the issues that concern Americans the most.

President Trump’s approval rating has dipped back after a brief bounce.

President Trump’s approval rating has returned to 40% among all Americans.

Approval continues to fall along party lines: President Trump holds the approval of 86% of Republican registered voters, and just 9% of Democratic registered voters.

American approval of the president on his handling of COVID-19 has dropped six points from last week (48%) to 42%.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/reuters-ipsos-data-core-political-2020-04-08
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:11 am

https://disrn.com/news/joe-rogan-trump-vs-biden-will-be-like-mike-tyson-vs-a-3-year-old?fbclid=IwAR14jfTM5gHaUfDKUi9bEpB9uWiuDUk1pe-MHex72XXliH8hvhTFier-5mw
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:37 am

Oh yeah, don't know if anyone's mentioned, but Sanders endorsed Biden the other day. Now key Democrats including Obama are falling over themselves to praise him and offering platitudes about listening deeply to his supporters. Pass the vomit bags.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:52 am

Obama finally endorsing Biden, so I guess that means all the possible (D) saviours have said thanks but no thanks.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 am

David wrote:
Oh yeah, don't know if anyone's mentioned, but Sanders endorsed Biden the other day. Now key Democrats including Obama are falling over themselves to praise him and offering platitudes about listening deeply to his supporters. Pass the vomit bags.

Had a look around some Bernie social media and there's a lot of people saying they're not voting/writing in Bernie/voting Trump out of spite. It's 2016 all over again.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:07 am

To be fair, it's not just spite – some have made a pretty compelling ethical case for sitting it out or voting third party. Personally, I'm not sure whether or not I'd vote for him if I lived in the US; it's true that those who live in solid blue states don't lose anything by casting a protest vote, and I do think that falling in line now means they lose any leverage they might otherwise have (which is probably honestly not much).

The best outcome for the left at this point is to do their best to make Biden grovel for their votes; whether that's an effective tactic (and whether he can actually be held to anything he says) is another question.

Wokko wrote:
Obama finally endorsing Biden, so I guess that means all the possible (D) saviours have said thanks but no thanks.

There was some talk about parachuting Cuomo in as a replacement – and I even read a hilarious op-ed piece in The Hill today suggesting that Elizabeth Warren should rejoin the race now that Sanders is out – but looks like it's all in for Biden. All I'm wondering now is when the buyer's remorse starts kicking in, or whether the party faithful are capable of deluding themselves all the way to November that they've got a good candidate. The debates will be fun, that's for sure.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:49 am

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:

Had a look around some Bernie social media and there's a lot of people saying they're not voting/writing in Bernie/voting Trump out of spite. It's 2016 all over again.

Sanders has a minority of nut-case supporters. Always has had. And they are very committed and very vocal. Always have been. They have been an important part of taking Sanders' campaign as far as it went, but also a consistent source of embarrassment and trouble for him. That continues with this current clueless urge to suicidal tactics, we see.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 pm

It's over, Trump's won Laughing

https://twitter.com/i/status/1250500795776327680

Parental advisory, NSFW language.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:42 pm

Oh.......My........Fkn.......God. Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Trump just gave me more money than my Daddy has in 23 years"

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:13 pm

....and they got an autograph to boot!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:28 pm

While the vision for America Sanders had was one I'd vote for I think in reality Biden with his middle of the road policies is the safer selection for the Democrats.

You only have to look at Trumps actions in trying to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden's son to know he is the candidate that he fears the most.

Any why shouldn't he?

A polarising candidate in Clinton already gained 2.8 million more votes than Trump in 2016 with the election ultimately decided across a few states and vote numbers in the tens of thousands.

Personally I find it hard to believe that Grandpa Joe wont have enough appeal to your average blue collar white American voter in the battleground states to get the necessary numbers to defeat Trump

The greatest uncertainty is how the electorate responds to the COVID-19 crisis.

Will they stick with what they know as history tends to show occurs or will Trump lose in a landslide and the American people punish him for his piss poor handling of the pandemic.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:41 pm

^ Trump did the Ukraine thing because Biden was dominating in the polls midway through last year. I don't actually think he fears him at all. I mean, why would you? The Democrats' best hope is to keep him hidden away at this point, and they can only do that for so long.

I think the election is Trump's to lose at this point, and while we can be reasonably assured that he'll do his best to screw up I'm not sure it'll matter at this point.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:43 pm

David wrote:
^ Trump did the Ukraine thing because Biden was dominating in the polls midway through last year. I don't actually think he fears him at all. I mean, why would you? The Democrats' best hope is to keep him hidden away at this point, and they can only do that for so long.

The Democrats cannot hide that Biden is going through major cognitive decline.

He's going to get destroyed in the debates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 45 of 85   

Jump to: