Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brodie Grundy's ruck work

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Not sure if it's correct or not, but during the TV broadcast of the game, BT said that Grundy now has the most hitouts by any Collingwood ruckman ever. I'd have thought Len thomson would have that, but maybe Grundy has achieved that already. And to think he's probably got another 6-7 years to go!

He was talking about in a season I think.

Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 pm

For what it's worth, Gawn I think still palms it to his players much more effectively than Grundy.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 pm

The big man gives off with some very quick hands when he takes the ball at stoppages too. They should call Grundy “ the package “. He’s well ahead of the one trick show pony at Essendon
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:20 pm

There must be a few recruiting managers being asked during the season reviews who overlooked Grundy "what the eff were you thinking". If another club wanted him now they had better have 1.2m a year for him and quality KPD and 2 first round draft choices (one in top 5) for us.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Doc63 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Not sure if it's correct or not, but during the TV broadcast of the game, BT said that Grundy now has the most hitouts by any Collingwood ruckman ever. I'd have thought Len thomson would have that, but maybe Grundy has achieved that already. And to think he's probably got another 6-7 years to go!

He was talking about in a season I think.

Yes. Big Len had 4,290 hit outs for the ‘Pies. Brodie is presently on 3,136. He is reeling Thommo in at some rate, though. Len just once topped 500 hitouts in a season. Brodie is on 3 in a row. He has 2,251 hitouts in his last three not quite completed seasons. Len played 268 games for us. Brodie has played only 107, so far.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 am

Adz wrote:
For what it's worth, Gawn I think still palms it to his players much more effectively than Grundy.

Agree.

I think Gawn is slightly better as the pure tap ruckman, although Grundy is fast catching up. Around the ground, Grundy is the better player.

Overall, they're both terrific players.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:35 pm

I appreciate that no-one will feel great about what just happened but our wonderful champion just had 73 hitouts in a game of football, his highest ever (and, of course, therefore, Collingwood’s highest ever) to go with his 25 disposals, 4 tackles, 20 contested possessions and 10 clearances. I feel very sorry for him that the mids failed so hopelessly to back him up.

He is quite simply the best ruckman I have ever seen and certainly the greatest of the last 60 years.

Great credit to him to turn up and do that on such a poor day for the Club. His skill, hard work, determination and drive stand him head and shoulders above most players I have ever seen in the black and white.

He almost carried them home on his shoulders in the last quarter. Alas, there were just a few too many spudding it up around him.

Well done, Grundy. What an effort.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:41 pm

I love Grundy too and share your enthusiam Pies4shaw. But I fear this game might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Grundy might ask himself now, "will this club ever win a flag for me". If he gets a great offer with another club he thinks can win, he just might jump ship.

I don't think we have a list that can win. We are too small for a start.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:42 pm

If they don’t sign Grundy - this club will be in the wilderness for the next 10 years
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

60 more hit outs
20 less clearances

Something wrong with that dominance
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:45 pm

What’s wrong is that our running mids can’t run. The opposition sat on Pendles and Treloar and Adams could do nothing about it. It’s not Grundy, it’s everybody else.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Grundy played an amazing game they have to sign him.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:09 pm

The more hitouts he has, the more likely we are too lose. Maybe one day people will realise just how overrated ruckmen are
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Wills couldn't get to the ball, he was wrapped in a bear hug the second the ball was bounced. Literally being held and blocked from getting to it. GWS tested the tactic to see if they could get away with it... and they did. Pendles same, several times held to the ground "accidentally" so he couldn't get up and contest the ball. I"d say we need to play dirtier, no more Mr Nice Guy character building bullshit -- but then we'd get pinged every single time.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 pm

We’ve had the best of Grundy in 2 big finals and it’s counted for little. Not fussed if he walks. I mean it’s not like we’d be loosing a massive clearance advantage without him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: