Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Prelim. Magpies Massacre Tigers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lanstro 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say, probably the most disappointing thing for me last night was not cracking the 100 points at the end, was hanging out for it in the final minutes!
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:11 am

It seems to be some sort of reaction they cannot control any more. When Cox took a mark with Rance and Mihocek trailing behind, Rance flung out his arms. Most players (unfortunately, I'd say) from most clubs do this arm-fling appeal for holding the ball in a pack, and increasingly for deliberate OOB, but these Rich. players do it instinctively in every circumstance. It's not in the spirit of the game.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am

They're the hall monitors of the AFL.

It was about time that their little tantrums didn't work out for them. If only they worried more about their own game and less about the umpires.

Last edited by SwansWay on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 am

And of course the blatant free kick missed was when Nankervis wrapped his arms around Cox, but Cox took the mark anyway.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:17 am

Richmond had 5 frees in the first to our 1. But the Pies just got on with the job.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:21 am

I took a screenshot of Rance flipping out after De Goey's mark. I'm thinking of having it made into a poster for my wall.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:11 am

Albert Parker wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
SwansWay wrote:
tbaker wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
For all those hung shit on Bux last year, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Taking us from 13th to the Grannie is the greatest turn around by any team ever!

I am over-joyed for Bucks and his team, but didn't the wonderful Tommy Hafey take us from last to a GF? Could be wrong and if I am, I don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hafey took us from 12th to the Grannie, whereas Bucks has just taken us from 13th to the Grannie. Do the math!

All good mate. GO PIES!!!!!!!!!

Hardwick took Richmond from 13th to a flag, which we can replicate. Except ours will be more momentous as we've been down for longer

When did he take Richmond from 13th to a flag? They made the finals for like 2-3 years prior to 2017.

2016 - Richmond finished 13th with 8 wins
2017 - Premiers.

Bulldogs did it from 13th in 2015 to Premiers in 2016 too.
Hoping for the treble on that sequence.

No they did not. Bulldogs finished 6th with 14 wins and then lost to Adelaide in the Elimination final by 7 points.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 am

Loved it when Riewoldt threw a tantie at Goldie to move back on the mark, but Goldie was having none of it (he was legit on the mark) and waved Riewoldt away like an annoying bug. bloody loved that moment!
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:51 am

SwansWay wrote:
Richmond had 5 frees in the first to our 1. But the Pies just got on with the job.

I think it was actually 7 frees. I went and checked the AFL match centre at quarter time and it said 7 frees to Richmond, just one to Collingwood.

Umps did everything they could to skew the game for Richmond.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:57 am

After taking a deep breath, listening to all the various folks pontificating on the wireless and watching the replay, my favourite moments from yesterday were (in no particular order) as follows:
1. Watching Cox & JDG pants A Rance in contest after contest. Hat tip to Checkers for his blocking work.
2. Watching A Rance set himself to play a loose extra man for a boundary throw in at the 13:50 minute mark of the last quarter, only to have Grundy ghost past him and kick a fabulous goal.
3. Future Captain's poise and class.
4. J Crisp's 2 Goals.
5. Our American Pie killing Richmond's momentum with a pack mark from a kick down the line by the Future Captain. (10:00 min mark last quarter)
6. The clever running by the Future Captain to stretch Richmond's coverage and create the uncontested possession that allowed him to kick to M Cox.
7. The boys sticking tackles all night.
8 Last but not least, both Cotchin & Hardwick quoting from Annie, in their post-match interviews...."The sun will come out tomorrow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgC-vZp07YM
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 am

That spear pass from Steele to a sprinting leading JDG in the second quarter was the single most brilliant pass I’ve ever seen, including N.Buckley. Unfortunately JDG missed.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:19 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
That spear pass from Steele to a sprinting leading JDG in the second quarter was the single most brilliant pass I’ve ever seen, including N.Buckley. Unfortunately JDG missed.

It was Barry Price to McKenna all over again! McKenna would have kicked the goal of course.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

Not a very good set shot, was it? Barely made it for a behind.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:45 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
That spear pass from Steele to a sprinting leading JDG in the second quarter was the single most brilliant pass I’ve ever seen, including N.Buckley. Unfortunately, JDG missed.

Fair point RH. Astonishing. Sidey took that ball high, jinked around a Richmond player then sent an absolute rocket pass to JDG. Sublime combination of skill and power.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

Kosh wrote:
... my favourite moments from yesterday were (in no particular order) as follows:
8 Last but not least, both Cotchin & Hardwick quoting from Annie, in their post-match interviews...."The sun will come out tomorrow"

I have it on good authority that Annie was actually quoting from Jock McHale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20   

Jump to: