Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pummel Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
It’s official, Brayden Maynard is now a very good footballer.

Thanks Sandra
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Great crowd by the way.72,000;against a team literally without any supporters on an Arctic night is a really good turn out.

Thank you.

You’re welcome.I was there in spirit,watching from the warmth of my home here in Tassie,where it’s even colder than Melbourne! Very Happy

Where in Tassie? I'm in Tassie!

Perfect weekend for us - Dawks lose, Collingwood win It doesn't get better footy wise than that.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:18 pm
Post subject: A win is a winReply with quote

Watching a good game tonight but feel it wasn’t our best effort. Too many score misses and dropped marks ! Highly defensive game for at least two quarters. We seriously need to urgently work on goal kicking accuracy before next week. We can beat Richmond if we alter our game plan, steady our kicking, and win the centre crumbing contests more decisively. And will someone please tell Pendlebury to stop hand balling to a hospital ambush or kicking fresh air shots. If you can’t do something effective with posessessions, than get out of the way and let someone else get the ball. Cox needs to start learning how to pick the ball up on the run as well. And Mayne must be dropped now. Richmond have weaknesses, but some of our unforced errors they will crucify us for. Discipline wins games folks. Remember what the great Uncle Doug said on World of Sport! But all in all happy for the win tonight. If we beat the arrogant Richmond I will donate Bertha to their Social Club for a night!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
An ugly win in a scrappy contests where we failed to take our opponents to the sword and convert our opportunities like we should have. Still, this team continues to find ways to win and get over the line. No one expected us to get this far but here we are, in a prelim. Anything is possible now. I expected a bit more enthusiasm from the crowd though. We certainly didn't bring the noise but we brought the Valium.

It was FREEZING at the G tonight. I was there, and the crowd did it’s best under the circumstances. Not a lot of goals, sub zero temperatures, 500 opposition fans...but I’ve lost my freakin’ voice and nearly took on Carlton supporter who was wearing his club colours and dishing it out on the Pies, so I did my best.

Yeah what's with opposition supporters showing up. Saw crows, melscum and bris fans in their team's colours. The pies fans around me were all sedate. I get that it was cold and not a lot of goals but geez what's wrong with people. Clearly I was sitting at the wrong end.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Big T wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
An ugly win in a scrappy contests where we failed to take our opponents to the sword and convert our opportunities like we should have. Still, this team continues to find ways to win and get over the line. No one expected us to get this far but here we are, in a prelim. Anything is possible now. I expected a bit more enthusiasm from the crowd though. We certainly didn't bring the noise but we brought the Valium.

Gee the crowd were as loud as hell on tv. Thought the fans did a wonderful job to help the boys!

Maybe it was where I was sitting. Not a lot of excitement. I need to be round more one eyed people who like to lose their shit like I do.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:25 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Great crowd by the way.72,000;against a team literally without any supporters on an Arctic night is a really good turn out.

Thank you.

You’re welcome.I was there in spirit,watching from the warmth of my home here in Tassie,where it’s even colder than Melbourne! Very Happy

Where in Tassie? I'm in Tassie!

Perfect weekend for us - Dawks lose, Collingwood win It doesn't get better footy wise than that.

Just south of Hobart.Where are you?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
The pies fans around me were all sedate. I get that it was cold and not a lot of goals but geez what's wrong with people. Clearly I was sitting at the wrong end.

I look at the Melbourne fans and they remind me of us Collingwood supporters in 2010.... they are in an absolutely frenzy of joy at what their team has achieved. Maybe we haven't been in the wilderness for long enough for some?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Big T wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

Gee the crowd were as loud as hell on tv. Thought the fans did a wonderful job to help the boys!

Maybe it was where I was sitting. Not a lot of excitement. I need to be round more one eyed people who like to lose their shit like I do.

The 50m arc on the southern stand side (punt road end) was loud as all F and we were losing our shit. The COOOLLLIIINNNGGGWWWOOODDD chant started from this region area ad nauseum in the second half. It was rocking.

I did my utmost to be dobbed in to the anti social hotline, but there weren’t enough GWS fans to make the SMS.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Very gutsy win. To come out in the last qtr and kick the first 3 goals was a real statement given how we finished last week.

We started strongly and it looked like we were going to blow them away. The 1st quarter was us at our very best from a pressure perspective. The heat was on and we applied the blow torch. We did not capitalize on the scoreboard and missed a big opportunity to just about ice the game by qtr time. I thought our inaccuracy would come back to hurt us as it so often does to teams in finals but we held on.

I worry about going long periods of time without scoring. Again tonight we went over 30 minutes without a goal in the 2nd qtr and again the last 25 minutes of the game was goalless as well. 9 goals 15 won't get the job done as we progress further, we need to find our kicking boots again as this next opponent will crucify us if we show weakness.

All in all it was a great win for a team who is quite inexperienced in September. I felt like this was a little hurdle to get over, notch up a 1st finals win and get that out of the way. Nothing to lose now IMO, we have officially over-performed to expectations and this week is a free hit.

Throw the kitchen sink at the ferals and let's let it all hang out. Go Pies!!!

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Pendles copped a leg injury, sier has a corkie, and jdg a leg injury. Hopefully none of them are too serious and they can all bounce back next week.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Just rocked in, OMG the atmosphere was fantastic, especially in the last!
At 3qt I’m thinking Varcoe you need to hang them up & he bobs up in the last!

Thank fk for that!

I have no voice!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm

What a great win. Yeah we should have won by at least 5 goals, but I reckon this will prepare us better for next week.

The backline were magnificent. I think all of the injuries we've had down there has been the making of Langdon, he played a great game tonight.

What a couple of finals Sidebottom has played! 2 more like that please!

Stephenson has had a couple of quiet ones in a row now, so hopefully he's due next week.

Treloar, Howe & Goldy were even better than last week. Goldy has now kept Kennedy to 2 goals and Cameron to 1. Its an amazing effort.

I can't remember the last time I was that cold at the footy. It was bloody freezing.

Now onto next week. Richmond would much rather have played GWS than us. Third time lucky!

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Wondering what Nicksters thought of the coaching? The Pies won or broke even on every metric against a team with, arguably, more talent.
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Very cold night but the Pies played well. We should have won by 6 goals. Sidebottom was unbelievable tonight. He is a finals champion. I think that the team is better for the run tonight. Treloar had less game time in the first three quarters and came home strongly. Grundy really lifted in the last quarter too.

There is real room for improvement next week in goal kicking efficiency and movement into the forward 50.

The backline matches up quite well against Richmond- we really need to lock down on Caddy. Step up Brayden Maynard!

Great win tonight and let’s give it a crack next week

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:43 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

At 3qt I’m thinking Varcoe you need to hang them up & he bobs up in the last!

Thank fk for that!

Not just yet! He has the uncanny ability to provide match-saving/winning moments when we most need them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12   

Jump to: