Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Alleged Australian war crimes in Afghanistan investigated

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wonka 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
None of you hangman have ever served let alone been under fire in any hostile act. None of you have ever witnessed your mate being shot dead by a so called friendly. Yet you sit in comfort and condemn their actions like you were there next to them.

We know about their actions because soldiers who did serve and did witness their mates being shot dead spoke up against them.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
There's no need for an further investigations or trial. Many have already found the alleged perpetrators guilty and ready to hang them. Trial by media.

Here's a list of the men that died for our country in that shithole. Not that you would give a toss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_Defence_Force_casualties_in_Afghanistan

7 of those were killed by a member of the afghan National Army. One of those responsible is walking or has walked free. Amazing but not surprising none of you are up in arms about that. None of you hangman have ever served let alone been under fire in any hostile act. None of you have ever witnessed your mate being shot dead by a so called friendly. Yet you sit in comfort and condemn their actions like you were there next to them.

Ever been the father of an Afghan child who had his throat slit for some psycho's entertainment? But let's not hurt the poor soldiers' feelings. Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 pm

think positive wrote:
And congratulations to the 25,975 Australian soldiers who did the right thing and the 41 who made the ultimate sacrifice. Don’t cast them all with the same shadow

Start ur own thread TP on this. Ur post has nothing to do with some wrongdoing (indeed likely murder) here. This is about wrongdoing & likely murder of soldiers who were caught and were ( mostly) prisoners. Don’t presume for one minute that all are cast in the same shadow.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Wonka wrote:
Culprit wrote:
None of you hangman have ever served let alone been under fire in any hostile act. None of you have ever witnessed your mate being shot dead by a so called friendly. Yet you sit in comfort and condemn their actions like you were there next to them.

We know about their actions because soldiers who did serve and did witness their mates being shot dead spoke up against them.

Exactly right +1.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:00 pm

To those who are saying we should be talking about the other soldiers (instead of the alleged murderers), you have had 19 years to start a thread.

Show me where that thread is.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Culprit wrote:
There's no need for an further investigations or trial. Many have already found the alleged perpetrators guilty and ready to hang them. Trial by media.

Here's a list of the men that died for our country in that shithole. Not that you would give a toss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_Defence_Force_casualties_in_Afghanistan

7 of those were killed by a member of the afghan National Army. One of those responsible is walking or has walked free. Amazing but not surprising none of you are up in arms about that. None of you hangman have ever served let alone been under fire in any hostile act. None of you have ever witnessed your mate being shot dead by a so called friendly. Yet you sit in comfort and condemn their actions like you were there next to them.

What a lot of horse-manure with all due respect. Are you condoning the behaviour of a few psychopaths? Are you saying it’s OK to do because a lot of their mates don’t. This is topical now because guess what a forensic report has been done where fellow Australian soldiers who didn’t commit these crimes felt they couldn’t accept this, that it was wrong. One brave soldier suicided after whistleblowing and instead of being helped he was like too many soldiers tossed into the woodpile by this government and other governments.

Or are you auditioning for the part of Jack Nicholson in “A few good men”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKJeXDoqnw

Don’t presume to know how others think and know about the extraordinary stressors soldiers had to face Afghanistan.

Just remember however that ur not the sole person who is aware of the stressors and issues that faced Australian soldiers in Afghanistan.

Let’s just hope that the fine work of Australian soldiers in a particular part of Afghanistan is not too tarnished by the simple murder of prisoners: in one case because there was one too many to get onto an American helicopter: the Americans were gobsmacked

Murder like this should not be condoned. The brave soldiers and journalists need to celebrated.

The alleged perpetrators like all people need have their day in court with a proper defence.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 am

David wrote:
Anyone who committed a murder of an unarmed civilian or prisoner during war should be treated like any murderer would be here, imo (something like 10–20 years prison is the base minimum). The life they took is no less human or valuable than anyone here.

If they were charged in Victoria they'd probably never set foot in a prison Wink
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:14 am

No ones been charged, no one is yet to front any court yet they are guilty. As far as witnesses go, none have been cross examined yet their words are taken as gospel.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am

Quite right. But it does seem certain that prosecutions will follow. So what do you think is a fair penalty for murdering an unarmed civilian in cold blood?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
And congratulations to the 25,975 Australian soldiers who did the right thing and the 41 who made the ultimate sacrifice. Don’t cast them all with the same shadow

Start ur own thread TP on this. Ur post has nothing to do with some wrongdoing (indeed likely murder) here. This is about wrongdoing & likely murder of soldiers who were caught and were ( mostly) prisoners. Don’t presume for one minute that all are cast in the same shadow.

It’s a free $$%^%%$ country, thanks to soldiers who fought for me, and you, and I’ll write in this thread if I want too.

What culprit said is not horse manure.

Im not saying what those few did was ok, I’m not saying they should get off scot free, I’m saying I would hate to be in their shoes, see what they see, know full well that some of my friends were indeed murdered by opposition soldiers, not psychopaths, who have absolutely no compassion or basic decency. It’s a $$%^%%$ war. Don’t dare pretend the opposition played by the rules, you can’t honestly tell me you believe captured Australian soldiers were never murdered? Tortured? In a country where a civilian might well be hiding a suicide vest or an uzi under their robes/clothes? no it doesnt make it right. but since there has been plenty of times that criminals in this country, whom some of us think should be chucked in general population, whilst others think the fact they got smacked as a kid means the poor little dears need a comfy psych bed and hand holding before early parole so they can kill/rape/maim again, or "wait til we hear both sides" arguments, but lets condemn soldiers cops at the first yelp.

So easy to judge from the comfort of your couch.

Last edited by think positive on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:35 pm

For what it's worth, the number of Australian soldiers who have died in Afghanistan is almost identical to the number of Afghans that we know to have been murdered by Australian troops – 41* vs 39. What that latter number doesn't include is all the civilians we've accidentally (or negligently) killed – which may well be in the hundreds – and neither does it include opposition fighters who have been killed in similar circumstances to the way most of those Australian soldiers lost their lives, in firefights or via targeted strikes.

*The link Culprit posted has a breakdown of all the Australians who died and how, incidentally:

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:35 pm

dont even note that 26,000 aussies, $$%^%%$ idiots who should have stayed home rather than risk their lives for others, or worse, be treated like criminals on return.

its a war David, a $$%^%%$ war, and dont think for a second that aussies are any worse than any other country when it comes to bad behaviour in the heat of the battle, moments luckily i will never have to experience. your stats mean sweet fuckall.

certainly a few did the wrong thing, they will be punished, but gees i am so sick of the shit being flung at authority, by people who have done nothing NOTHING to defend others EVER.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:44 pm

think positive wrote:
dont even note that 26,000 aussies, $�$%^%%$ idiots who should have stayed home rather than risk their lives for others, or worse, be treated like criminals on return.

I mean, you won't get any disagreement from me – I don't think we should have ever been there to begin with – but ultimately the real culprits are the successive governments that sent them there and kept them there. Other than the actual criminals, who, I hope you agree, actually ought to be treated as such.

(saw the below edit after I posted)

think positive wrote:
its a war David, a $�$%^%%$ war, and dont think for a second that aussies are any worse than any other country when it comes to bad behaviour in the heat of the battle

Firstly, that's a red herring – I don't see how other countries' behaviour is relevant here; has anyone been making such comparisons in this thread? – and secondly, I think the important thing to keep in mind is that these crimes were, for the most part, not carried out in the heat of battle. They were cold-blooded executions.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:07 pm

They were cold-blooded executions. - in the middle of a war zone - i did not excuse them at all. im just not ready to be judge jury and executioner
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:19 pm

^ Thankfully, you are none of the above. And neither is anyone else here.

There will be a series of trials as fair as any trial can be, and there will be a verdict in each case. Guilty or not guilty, with the benefit of the doubt going in favour of the accused - as it rightly should.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: