Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tommy Robinson arrested and jailed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d almost buy a deliberate cover-up if only The Guardian and co. were glossing over the allegation, but the fact that even The Sun – a newspaper that basically caters to the same audience as Robinson – chose not to mention it suggests to me that either police are keeping that part of the incident under wraps or the newspaper simply didn’t think the allegation was credible. As he’s been charged, all this will presumably come out in court proceedings as it’ll presumably form part of Yaxley-Lennon’s defence. Will be interesting to see what transpires.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:46 pm

The biggest issue against Robinson is that he puts it all on social media before anything is resolved, meaning if they ended up arresting the guy for molesting his kid there's no chance of a fair jury trial.

The Sun aluded to something, but were very, very vague about it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:56 pm

David wrote:
I’d almost buy a deliberate cover-up if only The Guardian and co. were glossing over the allegation, but the fact that even The Sun – a newspaper that basically caters to the same audience as Robinson – chose not to mention it suggests to me that either police are keeping that part of the incident under wraps or the newspaper simply didn’t think the allegation was credible. As he’s been charged, all this will presumably come out in court proceedings as it’ll presumably form part of Yaxley-Lennon’s defence. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

You’re actually not allowed to assault people, whatever you think they’ve done. It’s not a defence. Thus “I punched him because ...” is just an admission of guilt. If he didn’t have form for prior assaults, it might just be relevant to the assessment of penalty but it simply cannot be a “defence”.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:16 pm

That’s true – do you think there’d be any chance of it being considered a mitigating factor in sentencing, though? I certainly don’t think he should have taken the law into his hands even if his account of events is 100% true, and does need to pay the penalty for that, but one can understandably feel unease at a justice system that would consider a retaliating parent in such a scenario more at fault than someone who sexually assaulted their child (of course, unless I’ve missed something, we don’t actually know whether the other man has been questioned or charged, so we can’t presume that Yaxley-Lennon is being singled out here!)

One presumes there would be CCTV footage either way to prove or disprove his claim?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

You'd think there'd be footage, but maybe not. The Poms are a tad strange.

From what I read it's not like Robinson just walked up to the guy and whacked him, he apparently approached him, there was a conversation, the other guy tried to leave, Robinson tried to stop him, it turned into a scuffle and the other bloke ended up with a bloody nose.

If that's all true, I'd suggest a conviction for assault to be unlikely. Not many Dad's wouldn't have done the same thing.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Not many dads have his criminal record for assaults, of course.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Here's some good Tommy, of course this goes largely unreported.

https://nationalfile.com/tommy-robinson-stops-coronavirus-assault-media-erases-his-actions/?fbclid=IwAR129HYtH6fk684x6qtV06PfUwhhw_M58pisR_HHAmss1YUpyjYOd8fMokw
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm

Not saying this is necessarily staged, but he certainly does seem to be in the right place at the right time a lot, doesn't he? Seems whenever Tommy's around people of "foreign" appearance start doing things that require his heroic intervention...

(Edit: I just read the actual report. You have to be kidding me. All it needs is "and then the whole street clapped" to be a classic email-forward tall story. Laughing)

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:18 pm

There's a video in the article isn't there? Police included, considering their hatred of him I'm not sure they'd agree to play along in a Tommy vs Youfs staged setup.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:12 pm

I find it difficult to understand how people can be so credulous. As if anyone with a brain would believe in that.

Edit: I just had a look around at the other beat-ups, lies, furphies, distortions, and idiocies on that site. Blimey! It makes the Daily Mail look like the Upper Pagford Weekly.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:25 pm

So all the news about the incident was fake? The New Statesman article that's been deleted (and the now deleted page can be found if googled).

Seems like people can't follow pretty simple logical steps around here. There's a video, links to news sites about the incident and deleted links from another 'news' service. I don't see anything that points to this incident being fake or anything that contradicts the assertion that media have hidden that it was TR that stepped in.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Staged. All the way. More staged that Cobb & Co.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:35 pm

So he staged 3 people getting arrested by police? What's your evidence for that? That seems a lot more far fetched than the story being true, there's lots of reports of people coughing, spitting, licking people, food, groceries, seats etc and TR is someone who'd certainly intervene.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:44 pm

A BBC article suggests that the incident was real, although I think it’s still fair to ask whether Tommy’s heroics were necessary or merely exacerbated the situation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52003543

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 pm

^

Well that article gives no indication either way. I find it interesting that Police apparently said
Quote:
The force called for anyone with information to contact them and asked people not to post details of those they believe are involved or share footage on social media as it could hamper the investigation.

Posting footage on social media, get that, although you'd expect the "investigation" to be fairly short along with the handing out of any penalties, but why not name people?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: