Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tommy Robinson arrested and jailed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:44 pm
Post subject: Tommy Robinson arrested and jailedReply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wH9lO3Fd_A

Arrested and jailed within 4 hours while reporting on the trial of a Muslim peadophile grooming gang. The British press have been gagged from reporting on it.

The Soviet Union would be proud.

Last edited by Wokko on Mon May 28, 2018 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Diversity will be our strength whether we like it or not.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 pm

It's a disgrace!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:24 pm

What's that got to do with he or she’m not sure if he’s going to make it but he’s one of his or her favorite Pies players ? ". "
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 pm

More than you could imagine, HAL, if you had an imagination.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:46 pm

That seems like quite a lot.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 pm

^ the YouTube clip says he has been jailed for thirteen months but I can find no corroboration of this. Without more and complete facts it is difficult to know what the rights and wrongs may be.

My views on Islam within our society are no secret, but I understand that he was picketing and distributing inflammatory material outside the courthouse while others are on trial. This is likely to intimidate the judicial process and, indeed, a breach of the Queen’s peace. If so, I would see an arrest as quite within the law and perfectly proper.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:56 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/26/right-wing-activist-tommy-robinson-reportedly-jailed-after-filming-outside-child-grooming-trial.html

Hard to find corroboration with a blanket reporting ban in place. He wasn't distributing material or picketing, he was live streaming a report. It was peaceful and he had interactions with the public that were polite and cordial, even those who disagree with him.

Jailing or disappearing dissenters is as old as tyranny itself and a huge red flag for the UK. First they came for Tommy Robinson...
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 am

Wokko wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/26/right-wing-activist-tommy-robinson-reportedly-jailed-after-filming-outside-child-grooming-trial.html

Hard to find corroboration with a blanket reporting ban in place. He wasn't distributing material or picketing, he was live streaming a report. It was peaceful and he had interactions with the public that were polite and cordial, even those who disagree with him.

Jailing or disappearing dissenters is as old as tyranny itself and a huge red flag for the UK. First they came for Tommy Robinson...

Yes, I see your point, and I can see the suggestions that he was arrested, tried in a fast track process, sentenced and then information about the whole process gagged. This is all very strange, if true. I share your concern with the creeping assault on freedom of expression whenever views are expressed which convene the implicit codes of those who now rule our society, having overthrown traditional values in about 1968. I hope more will be written about this in the mainstream press in the coming days, as I do not what to trust amid the fringe, overtly ideological media that ranges across the Web.

Last edited by Mugwump on Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:39 am

Conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice during a trial will always get you done for contempt. It's authoritarian but, hey, authority is what courts do. The criminal process is one big interference with the liberty of the person.

He could have done whatever he was doing virtually anywhere else in the known universe and there would have been no consequence. Of course, given that he was already serving a suspended sentence for doing the same thing last year, he would know that: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4545794/Ex-EDL-leader-Tommy-Robinson-spared-jail-contempt-court.html

It is very, very difficult to get yourself done for contempt of court - because the courts understand the impact of the power on freedom of expression and are loathe to enforce except in extreme circumstances - so the chances are that he really, really got what was coming.

It isn't like right-wing convicted felons on their 4th alias are routinely prevented from providing racist commentary on political matters, however pointless, stupid and paranoid that commentary might be. It is to be presumed that he did something very special, indeed.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm

He was arrested for allegedly "breaching the peace".

He was filming the members of a child grooming pedo gang.

Robinson, the former head of the English Defense League and a longtime activist against Islam and Islamic migration, was arrested after he was filming men accused of being part of a gang that groomed children. Britain has been rocked by a series of child sex scandals perpetuated by gangs of predominantly Muslim men.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:13 pm

^ yes, and the cover line that he was “reporting” is the kind of knowing, end-justifies-means distortion of the truth which the modern Left has made its stock-in-trade.

I remain concerned at the fast-track trial and the gagging order, but I find it hard to have much sympathy for Robinson, or whatever his name is today. People like him give those with legitimate, principled concerns about the incursion of Islam into our society a bad name.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm

It might well be legal but it’s not a good look for the legal system in the UK, the judge in this case and quite a few other non-related cases has liberally used the gag order legislation, probably excessively and without any real independent oversight. The speed at which it happened makes it all look like a kangaroo court, even for someone on a suspended sentence.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Skids wrote:
He was arrested for allegedly "breaching the peace".

He was filming the members of a child grooming pedo gang.

Robinson, the former head of the English Defense League and a longtime activist against Islam and Islamic migration, was arrested after he was filming men accused of being part of a gang that groomed children. Britain has been rocked by a series of child sex scandals perpetuated by gangs of predominantly Muslim men.

It was contempt of court - and his problem is that he’s already been sentenced to jail for it, albeit the sentence, handed down a year ago, was suspended for 18 months. Does that make him an attention seeker or just someone who can’t count to 18?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Pi wrote:
It might well be legal but it’s not a good look for the legal system in the UK, the judge in this case and quite a few other non-related cases has liberally used the gag order legislation, probably excessively and without any real independent oversight. The speed at which it happened makes it all look like a kangaroo court, even for someone on a suspended sentence.

Who would you fancy to provide the “independent oversight”? When a judge makes a decision that is inappropriate, the recourse is by way of what we call an appeal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20   

Jump to: