Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smash Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mandy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
^ first three comments, two whingeing. Weird.

Not weird. Just Nicks. You've been here long enough to know how many of our "supporters" hate to see us win!

I for one am HAPPY! I don't care how we do it or by how much. WE BEAT CARLTON!!! Always a good day.

So you’re our social better?? Can’t criticise the club??

Great to win but shit effort in not burying these clowns. Percentage was there for the taking.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Critisice the Club all you like. But if you can't take joy from beating Carlton no matter what, you just don't get being a Collingwood supporter.

Enjoy your night being bitter and twisted. I'm going to have another scotch and celebrate!

#SIDEBYSIDE
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Fantastic win tonight by the lads.

We were not terrible last week either but we finished better tonight. No complaints.

Perfect!

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Thanks Pies just what I needed!
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:51 pm

We outplayed them clearly. Didn't show on the scoreboard, but our dominance after their first 3 goals was significant It's something to build on with a few good players close to coming back in
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Very solid win. Hit targets, played on..combated the Blues tactic of outflanking us on the rebound. We should have won, and we did. Well done and great for the soul, now we need to pinch one right in front of em in Adelaide.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:52 pm

This was a great win. We played some fantastic footy, which should serve as a model of how we can play next round, and the round after. This was without our preferred forward line, again. I thought the coaching staff did brilliantly again tonight by mixing up our forward combinations, with Treloar playing forward, and Varcoe spending time in there, Josh Thomas, WHE and Sidey wreaking havoc. Especially JT. Well done. I hope you can produce more of this, young man. This is the second time in a row that we have seen Bucks shuffling the cards like a poker genius, (whether it is Bucks, or Bucks and his assistants, I don't care). Sam Murray is our driver from half back...BOG in my opinion. This kid is scintillating, and he fits in so well with our permutations up forward, to keep the opposition defence guessing what we'll do next. Murray's chaos run through the centre is just terrifying for the opposition defence. Others will say it's only Carlton. But they were the same ones, for the most part, who predicted that we could lose. I am stoked at tonight's performance. Go Pies!!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 pm

I feel sad for you guys who can’t just enjoy this win against our arch enemy. Kicked straight, got 100 points without many of our best players. Good night. Go Pies!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:00 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Sam Murray is our driver from half back...BOG in my opinion. This kid is scintillating, and he fits in so well with our permutations up forward, to keep the opposition defence guessing what we'll do next. Murray's chaos run through the centre is just terrifying for the opposition defence.

It's just so good for the soul to see a Collingwood player dashing out of half-back and taking the game on again. Well done Murray. A long way to go yet, but if you can do a Heater for us, I'd be so grateful.

Such an even performance - can't think of anyone who let us down. Perhaps the young one Stephenson will get a rest next week if Jamie or similar come back.

So pleased for Josh Thomas. He could have easily walked away from the game after all he's been through, but he has persisted and shown incredible determination to come back.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 am

A good solid win. Should have smashed 'em by 10 goals, but we took our foot off the pedal and allowed them some junk time goals. I thought the umpires helped keep the Blues in the game. Great to see Cox play a good game. Sidey is set to go back to back with the Copeland. Josh Thomas....wow! I never saw that coming. Callum Brown is a player. Without doubt, Grundy is the best ruckman in the game right now.

With Elliott, de Goey and potentially Fasolo available for next week, we should have an even stronger team. Perhaps it's time for Stephenson to drop back to the VFL for a few weeks. If we can cause a massive upset in Adelaide next week, we are back on track for finals footy. Go Pies!
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:02 am

First half good, second half ok/not so good. The second quarter was a demolition job. So, overall, Nathan Buckley will be a bit disappointed with the slow fade after half time. Great to see Josh Thomas and Callum Brown coming on. Cox was serviceable, Grundy outstanding and notwithstanding Steele's flair and leadership would have run him close for best on ground Pendles stopped Cripps and Crisp read it well. If Daniel Wells and Jamie Elliot had been fit and out there it would have been a disaster for the Blues. The scoreboard flatters them and challenges us, particularly as they played one down after half time,

To those who are unhappy: "always look on the bright side of life!".

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 am

Basically, in summation...

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Foi62.tinypic.com%2F250nvyw.jpg&hash=3e8c20da495ce39ba8f47001806b6cda

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:12 am

We beat Carlton which is better than losing, I get that. I am wrapped to see us not lower our colours to the arch enemy, however.........

The blues were absolutely horrible and we were marginally cleaner. Our goal kicking accuracy was uncharacteristically superb, I wonder what would have been if we would have missed a few shots? I mean, come on guys, J. Thomas kicks 5 goals...lol...what decent side is ever going to let that happen?? I want to get pumped up but it is just one game and I've seen this movie before and know how it ends. Massive month coming up for us.

I'm not a "perceptive fellow", just keeping it real. I am happy to win but I still cannot get too excited....I want to, but I can't, not until we get on a roll...if we ever get on a roll. I hate Carlton!!!! Laughing

MONCO: Your life.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:14 am

Buckley unhappy with second half.
Looked & sounded rather grouchy, actually.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:15 am

It was so good to enjoy a good win against Carlton. I thought Grundy Sidey and Murray were superb. It was a good win with just a few lapses making the scoreline flattering to Carlton. I have refrained from posting until I could be positive and I think there was much to be positive about in tonights game. Go the pies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: