Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 'me too' movement

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Isthis just about sexual harassment or physical abuse too?

I just read allegations on Derry. Hitches page about Peter Brock beating the crap out of his wife, at least one of them. I’ve never heard this before. I feel like I just got gut punched by Ali.

There's a documentary coming out.

His first wife apparently raised allegations of domestic violence. It was well known at the time, when he went to BMW for a short time the joke was BMW stood for Beat My Wife. At least the allegations were well known.

Bev, the second wife, reckons she never saw any of that from him over 30 years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Bev was his third partner but they were never married.

She has always stood by him.

I’m just gutted,

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Checked Wiki

Quote:
Brock married Heather Russell in 1967. The marriage ended in divorce two years later.[1]

Several years later, Brock met 1973 Miss Australia pageant winner and Channel Seven weather presenter Michelle Downes. They married in April 1974 and divorced after only one year.[1][22] In 2006, Downes said Brock assaulted her on a number of occasions, and forced her to have an abortion.[23]

Brock next entered into a relationship with Beverly "Bev" McIntosh, the wife of a member of his motor racing team.[1] After two failed marriages Brock was hesitant to marry McIntosh[1] and although the couple never married, Peter always called Bev his "wife", and she changed her surname to Brock by deed poll. They had two children together, Robert and Alexandra. Her oldest, James, is Bev's son from a previous marriage. Bev wrote Peter's biography[24] herself in 2004 after finding most potential authors had incorrect preconceived notions about him. She also expressed a desire to show his human side, to encourage others that they, too, can achieve their goals.[25] "Even Allan Moffat said it's okay for him—it's us mortals that have the problem," she said.[25] Bev described Brock as an imperfect but never violent man.[26]

Brock split with Bev in May 2005 after 28 years together. Alexandra gave birth to their grandson Oliver on 28 June 2006, two months before Brock's death.[27] According to Bev, Brock was not an entirely faithful partner. She has described in a book her eventual tiring in the early 1990s of his relationships with "one too many secretaries".[28]

After splitting with Bev, Peter began a relationship with Julie Bamford,[29] whom he had met through his former partner Bev some 20 years previously.[30] Subsequently, Bamford's estranged husband Ron McCurdy, who had once been a close friend of Brock's, assaulted Brock during a chance meeting outside the Peter Brock Foundation's office.[

He had it going on. He also had any number of groupies wanting to siphon the python, many of whom were successful and Bev knew about them cos Brocky was a shit liar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Brock

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Yeah I knew all this, but not about the abuse,

Now I just need to hear th3 Bruce stories I guess! Gees is to. Hanks a good guy? Do they exist!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm

think positive wrote:
Isthis just about sexual harassment or physical abuse too?

I just read allegations on Derry. Hitches page about Peter Brock beating the crap out of his wife, at least one of them. I’ve never heard this before. I feel like I just got gut punched by Ali.

Oh sorry but yes it’s true he was a woman beater and a terrible sleaze and root rat - and I loved him at the time he taught me to drive - my beau at the times father was GMH racing and I spent many a year at Bathurst. He used to often do the rude thing out the back of the pit garage with all too willing groupies Sad

He wasn’t a nice man - hell of a driver - but a nasty human!

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

why did women continue to throw themselves at this wanker
does my head in
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 pm

I was young innocent, and only 17 when I met him, and wearing service garage overalls, probably a good thing by the sound of it!

Please tell me Bruce Willis is a nice guy!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:01 am

think positive wrote:
I was young innocent, and only 17 when I met him, and wearing service garage overalls, probably a good thing by the sound of it!

Please tell me Bruce Willis is a nice guy!

😁😂

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:06 am

I have very almost no understanding of what it’s like to be sleazed on like a woman, getting leered at, touched, groped .... just shocking.

Back in the late 1970’s when I was in my early 20’s I was in an awkward situation with a male where I was being propositioned and had to leave quickly. That was the most uncomfortable I’ve been.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:51 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I have very almost no understanding of what it’s like to be sleazed on like a woman, getting leered at, touched, groped .... just shocking.

Back in the late 1970’s when I was in my early 20’s I was in an awkward situation with a male where I was being propositioned and had to leave quickly. That was the most uncomfortable I’ve been.

ah those were the days....i never felt uncomfortable!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

ah those were the days....i never felt uncomfortable!!!

Wink Boom tish

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Old bastard. Prudish old bastard. Shit man, it was the 70's. Just have another joint, a lick of lucy and go for it.

Please tell me you had hair back then.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Old bastard. Prudish old bastard. Shit man, it was the 70's. Just have another joint, a lick of lucy and go for it.

Please tell me you had hair back then.

Laughing I have yarmulkah (kippah) pattern balding I'll have you know

I invariably ask for the combover look when I go to the barbers Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:

At least you were being offered some action. It could be worse – you could end up in a lesbian bar by mistake!

https://youtu.be/YSLMLHNY4QQ

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/02/geoffrey-rush-case-daily-telegraph-and-nationwide-news-lose-defamation-appeal-against-actor

The Federal Court site established for the case includes the various submissions etc, as well as this morning’s judgment: https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/services/access-to-files-and-transcripts/online-files/rush-v-nationwide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 32 of 37   

Jump to: