Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#28 Nathan Murphy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
im sick of him missing games unneeded missing of games all becuase of these new concussion rules the afl has handed onto us

Murphy not playing has nothing to do with the AFL or their rules

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
time to play or the afl can give us compensation and pick a similar type of player from another club.

I don’t know why I’m even replying to this drivel but… would you be OK with the AFL giving Sydney a Collingwood player because McCartin retired due to concussion?
I’m going to stop typing now because it’s only going to go off a cliff from here

Keep the passion. Ditch the ‘we wuz robbed’ attitude

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 am

If we were Sydney we would we sending him out every week
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:10 am

I love how Murphy goes about things and wish to see him play many more games in the black and white.
I understand that CTE is a serious issue and I commend the club for being patient and supportive of Nathan.
However, there is a rookie draft around the corner and so I hope the club sits down with Nathan and discusses:
1. Whether he is fully committed to playing senior football this year
OR
2. Whether he will be retiring
OR
3. Whether he should be put on the long term injury list
Whatever Nathan resolves will be a huge decision and may have lifetime repercussions.
I don't envy a young man having to make such a decision but a decision needs to be made.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:54 pm

^^^
I’m sure conversions that include the upcoming mid year draft are happening.
I find the uncertainty surrounding Murphy’s future, strange to say the least.
It’s not as though the longer you stay out of the game, the less chance you have of incurring irreversible effects upon any return. He will be forever much more prone to an acquired brain injury than most and yet we continue to hear hes participating in drills that prepare him play at some stage.
I wonder if part of his training includes attempting to re - train the way he plays the game by being smarter and more cautious, rather than too courageous for his own good.
I’d be surprised if we don’t have some sort of definitive answer on his future by the time the mid year draft comes around.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:19 pm

as every day passes...its getting less likely... potentially he might come back for a few games...but the way he withdrew himself from the GF.. make me believe his previous concussions were a lot more serious than the public knows.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:16 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
as every day passes...its getting less likely... potentially he might come back for a few games...but the way he withdrew himself from the GF.. make me believe his previous concussions were a lot more serious than the public knows.

Yes, you may be right. Very sadly it reminds me of the John Greening comeback after he was coward punched by Jim O’Dea the St Kilda thug who pretended to play football. Greening was never the same player afterwards.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:56 pm

There really isn't much in common between Murphy's situation and Greening's. Murphy may never play footy again. John did, after being almost killed. He lost motivation for the old VFL after he proved to himself that he could come back but he did go on to play a lot more football. He starred (playing at CHB) in Port Melbourne's 1977 VFA premiership team and then won premierships back at Cooee and elsewhere in Tasmania (maybe one of the Launceston teams?). From memory, I think he played at senior level in Tasmania until the mid 1980s and continued playing competitive footy until about 1990.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17   

Jump to: