Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Sometimes I think it would be a great idea if, somehow, we could create a new country where all the mad progressives could go if they wanted instead of complaining about where they are. A new Isreal, but chock full of climate change alarmists who want everyone to get equal pay regardless of what they do, everyone gets to pick their gender, 4 day 30 hour working week and everyone is Vegan.

I'd love to see how it would work.

I'd put up with a lot for the four-day working week! Sounds great Laughing

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:04 am

You can do that now....it's called part time hours.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:07 am

Sure, if you can get it! But the idea of a four-day work week is that you work fewer hours for a full-time salary (the idea being that most people working 9–5 jobs aren’t actually all that productive and could get the same amount of work done in a shorter period of time). It might seem counterintuitive, but smarter people than me seem to think it’s not long until it catches on.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sometimes I think it would be a great idea if, somehow, we could create a new country where all the mad progressives could go if they wanted instead of complaining about where they are. A new Isreal, but chock full of climate change alarmists who want everyone to get equal pay regardless of what they do, everyone gets to pick their gender, 4 day 30 hour working week and everyone is Vegan.

I'd love to see how it would work.

No one to get their hands dirty, to precious, they be $%$ed in no time

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:40 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I genuinely dislike that term, plus there are biological women who, for one reason or another, are unable to have children.

I don't think you have to have given birth to be a birthing person, it's more that you need to have the bits that would be necessary for that job - whether they work or not.

I saw that chest-feeding birthing parent has traction in the US and might work in this situation.

Cis womanis bad enough, ugh! We are just females, women, mothers, if you change gender your transgender, surely that’s enough? Why does the majority have to change for the minority?

Categorises: women, men, transgender women, transgender men. It’s not brain surgery. They don’t want to feel different? They are different, that’s just fact. Why does it have to be so hard?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:01 pm

David wrote:
Sure, if you can get it! But the idea of a four-day work week is that you work fewer hours for a full-time salary (the idea being that most people working 9–5 jobs aren’t actually all that productive and could get the same amount of work done in a shorter period of time). It might seem counterintuitive, but smarter people than me seem to think it’s not long until it catches on.

I don't like the idea. 2 of my last 3 jobs I worked a 4 day week, sacfified a days pay to do it, but still had to do 5 days worth of work in those 4 days.

My view is, if you want to work less days, take the pay cut.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:13 pm

What they really want is to do 4 days work and get paid for 5.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:19 pm

David wrote:

It wont be long before this silliness goes away.

Big tech are sacking people, and Musk and Cook are now taking action against staff not doing the 60% in the office.

In a recession, employees will lose the fleeting power they had during the great resignation.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:32 pm

think positive wrote:
What they really want is to do 4 days work and get paid for 5.

Absolutely. It's a scam in my view, but it has supporters, some businesses are looking to trial it.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:23 am

According to the twitterverse, gender is to blame for this pay gap too.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/480753-huge-pay-gap-between-the-last-of-us-protagonists-raises-eyebrows

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:31 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-11944253/Aussie-trans-golfer-gets-death-threats-title-win-Olympic-swimmer-accuses-cheating.html

This is a sad state of affairs.

The WPGA has some pretty strict rules about allowing trans women to compete, including that they have to have actually had gender reassignment surgery and been taking hormones for at least 12 months.

This woman has been on the golf tour for 8 years, this is her first win. She's hardly got much of an advantage if it's her first win in 8 years.

Yeah, physical strength would be an issue for a woman to compete against the pro men because they can hit the ball so much farther, but once you take the drive out of it, the rest is skill. A competent female club golfer would kick my arse on the course even though I might be stronger.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:22 pm

Death threats is a step too far, but I agree with the olympic swimmer, it’s still an ex male taking a medal off of a woman.

My kid sister would wipe the floor with everyone here at badminton, no doubt, that’s got nothing to do with it. Not much advantage? Was the person competitive as a male before transitioning? Did they even play golf or just discover their passion/ability as a female in a female environment? Like, you know a happy extra benifit. Like go me, useless as a male sportsperson, now a superwoman !

Yipppeeee!

All it means is for 8 years the grumbling and pissed offness was not on show. But you can bet your arse 99% of the golfers, especially the ones relegated a spot, were not happy, ever.

Last edited by think positive on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Bucks5 wrote:

https://www.geo.tv/latest/480753-huge-pay-gap-between-the-last-of-us-protagonists-raises-eyebrows

Depends if it’s like with like, for instance Angelina Jolie will get paid more than a home and away actor for a miniscule of the time on screen, my beloved Bruce Willis, with his brain long gone, was still commanding a couple of million for a days work because his name sold the movie.

At GMH. I was paid the same as all the other apprentices, when I went to sexist Toyota…..don’t get me started!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:32 pm

think positive wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

Depends if it’s like with like, for instance Angelina Jolie will get paid more than a home and away actor for a miniscule of the time on screen, my beloved Bruce Willis, with his brain long gone, was still commanding a couple of million for a days work because his name sold the movie.

At GMH. I was paid the same as all the other apprentices, when I went to sexist Toyota…..don’t get me started!

Starter motor?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:

Starter motor?
sexist pigs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36   

Jump to: