Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
38%
 38%  [ 47 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
61%
 61%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 123

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:

My own belief is that what others think of me, my club, my work etc is none of MY business. Offence is taken, not given.
We should all use the garbage can more to put this crap into and close the lid. End of problem.

Nope that quote belongs in the garbage. If someone says something knowing full well it will offend you, and that's the only reason they say it, stand up and call them out. Some people are just trolling arseholes. And just like the school bully, they hide when you call them out.

Respect your opinion but if I took to heart and showed offence every bad/nasty/insulting comment directed at me over the years, I'll be a nut case!! I agree with you totally that one can choose when to respond and when not to, deciding which issue deserves a response is our main difference of opinion. I tend not to have a chip on my shoulder that (as a coloured person) I respond to every racial/bigoted comment directed at me, however I fire up if its directed at my kids. I think I have grown a thick hide over the years and cant be stuffed debating with utter bloody idiots, especially the ignorant arseholes. To each their own. Cool

Crimson Mask 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:55 am
Post subject: Revisiting the McGuire or not McGuire pollReply with quote

Eddie McGuire has taken this club further backwards than did Ranald McDonald in the 1980s

Sure McDonald's incompetence nearly bankrupted The Club and had us "tin rattling" for a couple of years.

Under McGuire's watch this club has lost its identity, its very essence and its relevance. It seems to exist as one man's play thing to be used and deployed as he sees fit. Jobs for incompetent mates and good ol' fawning sycophants. An attempt to build a legacy for this egotist by way of netball, women's football and (highly laudable) community engagement. We have ceased our existence as a football club and are now a corporate conglomerate, a brand, which has lost touch with the very thing that made Collingwood great - the grass root supporter. He has eroded the care factor, the passion and the quintessential nature of The Club. "The mystique" as that great Collingwood man Frank Galbally once said.

IMHO, this bloke McGuire is the worst President that this great club has ever had as he's taken us so far backwards that I fear that we'll never reclaim our lustre in my lifetime. And it's happened under our watch and we've done nothing about it!
El Popo 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:14 pm

At some point in the future the Prez will have to put his hand up, apologize to members/fans and say:
1/. Sacking Mick was a mistake
2/. Appointing Buckley was a mistake
3/. Reappointing Buckley twice was a mistake
4/. Appointing Allen was a mistake
5/. Buckley will resign when this season is over
6/. Say we are rebuilding & 5 years away from a flag window
Then resign and walk away

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Soon as Eddie Goes the Better
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Suggested replacements?
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 pm
Post subject: Yes he mustReply with quote

Eddie must resign ! I no longer support him !
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Suggested replacements?

Due process my friend, we do have some 25 million people in this country so I'm sure there will be some solid candidates somewhere. We should never forget, no one is irreplaceable... its built into our DNA.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 pm
Post subject: PutinReply with quote

We need a President like Putin or Trump. At least you can be certain the players would give a 100 % out of pure fear of the consequences of on field failures!
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:15 pm
Post subject: Re: PutinReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
We need a President like Putin or Trump. At least you can be certain the players would give a 100 % out of pure fear of the consequences of on field failures!

What about President Assad?
Can be slightly ruthless at times
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:41 pm
Post subject: Re: PutinReply with quote

masoncox wrote:
Hiss wrote:

What about President Assad?
Can be slightly ruthless at times

At least Assad would create a fun atmosphere. It would be a gas...

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:19 pm

"Complaining so-called supporters are all dead to me now"
E McGuire - 26/3/2018

Ads7 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm

If after the Anzac Day clash we are 0-5, I predict Buckley will be sacked and Eddie SHOULD walk. Unfortunately, I don’t think Eddie is able to put our Club ahead of his ego though and will remain President likely because of his power to control the Club.

We did the review and have made many changes (including a call I supported to replace the CEO). That fact is though that the nucleus of the Club hasn’t changed: The Head Couch and our very vocal President who is constantly in the media spotlight.

Eddie has well surpassed the average tenure for the position of President. Even if the Club was doing “okay”, it would be time for a change up. New ideas, direction and guidance are required in any organisation to remain fresh.

There is no doubt that Eddie has wonderful things for the Club. But what has he done recently? My performance is reviewed annually or semi annually at my job. I don’t think you can keep someone in a position because their track record (in the distant past) is good.

No need for me to repeat his latest poor decisions because they have been eloquently written above and we all know them. I also don’t know who would be right for the job but that’s what you get recruitment experts and consultants in for.

Happy to be challenged on any of this but in my opinion: enough is enough. So sick of our Club going backwards / stagnating since Malthouse was effectively booted. Why did we fix what wasn’t broken?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Ads7 wrote:
Happy to be challenged on any of this but in my opinion: enough is enough. So sick of our Club going backwards / stagnating since Malthouse was effectively booted. Why did we fix what wasn’t broken?

Well, there was a sliding door moment if ever there was one!!

The Fat Controller lets Buckley go to Richmond or North, who both wanted him as senior coach, MM gets a 3 year contract, we pick up Jolly & Ball, and away we go!!!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 pm

Ads7 wrote:
If after the Anzac Day clash we are 0-5, I predict Buckley will be sacked and Eddie SHOULD walk.

We might be 1-4, the Carlton game is 50-50. But as far as I'm concerned, thats no better than 0-5. If our only win by then is against Carlton, its time for both to go.

But they wont. Buckley wont resign, Eddie wont sack him, and Eddie wont resign.

43 Games to go.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:01 pm

die4pies wrote:
"Complaining so-called supporters are all dead to me now"
E McGuire - 26/3/2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: