Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
38%
 38%  [ 47 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
61%
 61%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 123

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 pm
Post subject: What a shockerReply with quote

I can't stand this putrid situation any longer. Our Club is a disgrace and failure. Whilst Ed remains on our Board we must all boycott memberships
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

From news.com.au:

McGuire reiterated his view that the Buckley-Mick Malthouse coaching succession plan that began in 2009 was 100 per cent the right decision absolutely.
Despite speculation that axed AFL football boss Simon Lethlean had been sounded out for Collingwoods vacant chief executive position, McGuire said the club hadnt commenced the process to replace Gary Pert,
Theres no captains picks, McGuire laughed.

We love you Ed but please don't talk through your sphincter.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

He's leaner and meaner than ever.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am
Post subject: Re: What a shockerReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I can't stand this putrid situation any longer. Our Club is a disgrace and failure. Whilst Ed remains on our Board we must all boycott memberships

What's the bet our membership numbers increase next season.

Only pretend supporters would desert the club.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 am

click bait for knockers and trolls. Having a high profile Pres has done us nothing but good. I'll happily wear the rubbish that comes out of Mark Robinson to have Eddie in. What was that last night on 360? "Eddie has linked himself to Buckleys success" - what a muppet. Speculating and stirring is his stock in trade - the fact he said it means we have a good Pres. The argument is a drawing a long bow to begin with.
The really funny thing is without taking a breath he and Gerard gloss over Brad Scotts new contract at North without mention of their Pres. Didn't we finish above them on the ladder? Have we not had a Premiership more recently? How is that not Bias.

I like watching 360 and Mark for a laugh but there's not doubt that Mark Robinson is the biggest caricature in Australian Journalism (even more than so than Sam Newman) - Just cannot take him seriously.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
From news.com.au:

McGuire reiterated his view that the Buckley-Mick Malthouse coaching succession plan that began in 2009 was 100 per cent the right decision absolutely.
Despite speculation that axed AFL football boss Simon Lethlean had been sounded out for Collingwoods vacant chief executive position, McGuire said the club hadnt commenced the process to replace Gary Pert,
Theres no captains picks, McGuire laughed.

We love you Ed but please don't talk through your sphincter.

nicks b.jpg

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
click bait for knockers and trolls. Having a high profile Pres has done us nothing but good. I'll happily wear the rubbish that comes out of Mark Robinson to have Eddie in. What was that last night on 360? "Eddie has linked himself to Buckleys success" - what a muppet. Speculating and stirring is his stock in trade - the fact he said it means we have a good Pres. The argument is a drawing a long bow to begin with.
The really funny thing is without taking a breath he and Gerard gloss over Brad Scotts new contract at North without mention of their Pres. Didn't we finish above them on the ladder? Have we not had a Premiership more recently? How is that not Bias.

I like watching 360 and Mark for a laugh but there's not doubt that Mark Robinson is the biggest caricature in Australian Journalism (even more than so than Sam Newman) - Just cannot take him seriously.

I think there's a wholly irrational dislike of McGuire by a few on this site, that isn't born from any public controversy or performance issue. I can't help but think that some people don't like him largely because of his high profile.

The simple fact that it's so irksome to our opponents should be ample proof that it's a blessing.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:29 pm

I certainly don't like or agree with everything Ed does or says, but overall I think he's an excellent President. There's no-one else I'd rather have as our President.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:33 pm

I think both the Bucks/Club fans and the Bucks/Club bashers should celebrate the fact that other posters have different opinions, and disagree with them, and argue with them, and differ with them, but don't just try to shut them up. I do think the REAL supporters of Collingwood (I have always suspected that some here are trolls dressed up as magpies) can have different opinions on the coach, club, players, president etc. but still be coming not from a place of malice or indulging in vilifying the posters you disagree with. Different people have different opinions, and it is okay to respect all of them whilst disagreeing with what they said.
One of my beliefs about leadership is it's not how many followers you have, but how many people you have with different opinions that you can bring together, and try to be a good listener.
However as Im human, I continue to be fallible at times and not practice what I preach. That is my own fault. All I know is that when my time is up, I will die with black and white blood flowing in my veins irrespective of some decisions my beloved club makes. Maybe that type of thinking is now considered to be very old fashioned but so be it. I will always love Collingwood forever.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
Go Eddie,
this is absolute bullshit, out cold and only 2 weeks? **** off Turnbull and Aly its none of your $$%^%%$ business

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/outrage-over-bachar-houli-suspension-verdict/news-story/205bb34a0590a94a167f5ed0e37985d7

Haven't character references been used in the past???
I seem to remember they have, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Why did our president have to jump in.
Couldn't someone else jump in?
Distracts from our focus.
It is why I would like a background President that is invisible to the media .

I don't understand this thinking. An invisible President? Why is that high on your priority list? Perhaps it's because you're embarrassed by the criticism that comes from non-Collingwood people?

I can't imagine why anyone would care what Caroline Wilson or Mark Robinson might think, what bile they might publish.

He cops so much criticism because - news flash - people hate Collingwood, and they hate Eddie because he happens to be a very visible Collingwood president.

Forget the mountain out of a molehill stuff, his profile has brought a ton of of sponsorship and a lot positive coverage to our Club.

His high profile is a godsend. You should be grateful.

My own belief is that what others think of me, my club, my work etc is none of MY business. Offence is taken, not given.
We should all use the garbage can more to put this crap into and close the lid. End of problem.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:41 pm

I've been a big supporter of Ed over the years & I think on balance he's done a marvellous job. His positives have outweighed his negatives, that's for sure.

However, Ed has been there a long time, the Malthouse Buckley transition at this point in time has been a standout failure in my opinion.

I just think he has been in the position a long long time now, his time is up or coming up & it's to move on. Time to renew and re-energise.

Go Pies

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:05 pm

watt price tully wrote:
I've been a big supporter of Ed over the years & I think on balance he's done a marvellous job. His positives have outweighed his negatives, that's for sure.

However, Ed has been there a long time, the Malthouse Buckley transition at this point in time has been a standout failure in my opinion.

I just think he has been in the position a long long time now, his time is up or coming up & it's to move on. Time to renew and re-energise.

Go Pies

The chances of it failing increased dramatically when MM refused to live up to his contract and left the club. MM never supported Buckley after he joined the club as an assistant coach.

The decision to do what they did was based upon MM remaining at the club. If you want to blame anyone for the failure I would be looking at MM first and foremost. If he was honest with the club from the start chances are that they would have taken a different strategy.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Redlight wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

I think there's a wholly irrational dislike of McGuire by a few on this site, that isn't born from any public controversy or performance issue. I can't help but think that some people don't like him largely because of his high profile.

The simple fact that it's so irksome to our opponents should be ample proof that it's a blessing.

Tall poppy syndrome maybe???

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Go Pies

The chances of it failing increased dramatically when MM refused to live up to his contract and left the club. MM never supported Buckley after he joined the club as an assistant coach.

The decision to do what they did was based upon MM remaining at the club. If you want to blame anyone for the failure I would be looking at MM first and foremost. If he was honest with the club from the start chances are that they would have taken a different strategy.

To be honest, I no longer care one way or another who was at fault, who did what, or who should have done this or that. The past is the past. I'm solely interested in the here and now and our immediate future. On that score I reckon we have the right people in place. All we need now are a couple of good KPPs. Cool
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:

Yeh, Robbo is a total flog, on Sat morning the Magpie hating swine said on SEN, that the Pies v Dees game, could get "very very ugly for the PIes, could be a real thrashing today for them by the Deeees " LOL, the moron knows zilch about footy, admin, anything, far less that Caro even, at least Caro has a semblance of intelligent research. !

As for our Eddie, I thought he may have resigned by this time, but he didn't, but I really think, that at the end of next season, he should give some serious thought to moving on gracefully, and handing the baton over to a worthy candidate, someone like Craig Kelly, for instance. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: