Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
If they don’t want Trump in people need to vote despite the gerrymandering, and the hurdles / blocks against blacks and other minorities in some states.

If I were running the campaign for the Democrats I’d just focus on the Coronavirus and his tax avoidance; the latter by saying ordinary workers paid more tax than he did. Keep it simple, repeat the message and stay on message. Make him the focus and how badly he has done. No more, no less.

Lucky for the Democrats you aren't running their campaign then. Wink

That tactic will reinforce existing sentiment with those already decided against Trump but won't sway many of the undecided.

By all means bag Trump, but there needs to be a positive message. What are the Democrats going to do for you? WIIFM has decided many an election and simply wheeling out an animated corpse to repeat 'Orange Man Bad" won't win.

No no, you missed the point and added your own.

Don't bag him, don't call him racist and he only appeals to rednecks: just stay on message about the cornonavirus and that ordinary people pay taxes and he doesn't. Make him the issue. He's trying like hell to avoid the coronavirus. He's trying like hell to make the other the mesage.

Stay on message as the polls (for what they are worth) are indicating his desperation to avoid talking about the coronavirus and 1/4 million deaths under his watch. Make him accountable.

However while doing so don't call him names, don't call him bad. Just hammer the message.

I didn't miss the point, you did. Why should I vote for Biden other than he's not Trump?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
That's fine: the message is consistent: make him the the issue: It's under his presidency that violent crime he rails against has become worse: the tactic is make him the target through his record as POTUS: Societal division, violent, crime in street protests, Covid deaths all under this watch and chuck in his tax avoidance.

I think Trump can counter most of these points in some shape or form.

Violent crime has occurred in states and jurisdictions that are under the leadership of Democratic Party governors and/or mayors. Trump can easily say these leaders have done nothing to address violent crime, and are enabling these people to act violently without big consequences.

Biden and his campaign will aim to attribute all US COVID deaths on Trump, but Trump can also counter this to a certain extent, through various means.

1. Trump was one of the first leaders in the world to impose a travel ban on China, despite criticism from his opponents. Dr. Anthony Fauci testified that this decision by Trump saved lives, along with further with travel bans on people coming from Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-j2c99iz60

2. While Trump was implementing these early policies, the Democrats were distracting themselves with impeachment and not taking the threat seriously, even holding rallies and primary events throughout February and March. The Democrats will rely on Trump publicly downplaying the virus as being the basis for his mismanagement of the pandemic, though Trump could argue he didn't want to cause panic in the community.

3. Trump can pivot the issue back to China, and it's hostility and disregard for protecting the international community, particularly when they failed to do anything about controlling the spread of the virus through November, December and most of January 2020. Studies from the UK suggest that very early public health measures by China could have avoided 95% of the pain we see today.

4. Trump can argue the response to the pandemic mostly falls at the hands of individual state governors, while the federal government can offer help wherever it's requested. For example, in New York state which is led by Democratic governor, Andrew Cuomo, the state saw 33,000 deaths (double the amount to next worst state). Many of these deaths occurred in nursing homes and the governor contributed to this because of his inept nursing home policies which included sending sick residents back into nursing homes, which infected other residents and accelerated the death toll.

5. Further, the spread of the virus across the country can be attributed to back to New York and some of the other East Coast states when the virus first emerged. Trump proposed quarantining these states early on, but Cuomo said Trump had no constitutional authority of implementing this policy, so it would have come down to the individual states to police that potentially.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/ny-gov-cuomo-says-trump-has-no-authority-to-impose-quarantine.html

6. Biden is proposing potentially further lockdowns in the future and a national mask mandate. Trump will obviously propose the opposite. Trump has been struggling with suburban women in the polls, so he could regain some votes from this demographic by pushing for the return of children into schools, which may be supported by frustrated parents who are struggling with home schooling their children.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:23 pm

^ the reason that Biden is ahead in the Polls is because of Trump. This is due to a number of reasons some of which include republican women coming across.

People didn’t come out to vote last time who are inherently anti-Trump: blacks and other minorities. Keep on message and they’ll come out.

Make Trump the issue and under his presidency: death, destruction, tax avoidance, safety, violence all under his watch: make him the issue in terms of his accountability.

At the same time use Harris the potential VP.

Of course any campaign needs to be multi-faceted. However stick to the message and if they do turn out Trump will have a hard job clawing his way back.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
^ the reason that Biden is ahead in the Polls is because of Trump. This is due to a number of reasons some of which include republican women coming across.

People didn’t come out to vote last time who are inherently anti-Trump: blacks and other minorities. Keep on message and they’ll come out.

Make Trump the issue and under his presidency: death, destruction, tax avoidance, safety, violence all under his watch: make him the issue in terms of his accountability.

At the same time use Harris the potential VP.

Of course any campaign needs to be multi-faceted. However stick to the message and if they do turn out Trump will have a hard job clawing his way back.

I agree that any campaign has to be multi-faceted, so it's difficult to discuss the issues all at once.

Biden's largely ahead nationally because he's been hiding under his basement, while all the attention gravitates to Trump. Tonight's debate will be the first time we'll see Biden up and close, without the assistance of a teleprompter.

Biden will present himself as a "safe and stable" candidate, though this image will be questioned, particularly whether he has the ability to distance himself from the radical elements of his party.

Biden's record dating back to his time as senator will come under the microscope. A big weakness that I can already identify with him is his record on the mass incarceration of black offenders, which the 1994 crime bill he drafted in the Senate contributed to. Trump can also say the passing of the First Step Act last year has gone some way to rectifying this issue in the black community, which may play well with some black voters.

I don't think Harris is a strong asset to the Biden team. She performed poorly in the Democratic primaries, and her record as Attorney General, particularly on justice issues has been questionable.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/08/13/kamala-harris-abysmal-record-on-justice-issues/

Trump's level of support with blacks and minorities has improved. The Biden camp would be worried about the number of Latinos supporting Trump over him in the state of Florida, particularly in Miami-Dade County which is a state both candidates must win to gain the Presidency.

https://www.wflx.com/2020/09/25/president-trump-holds-campaign-event-miami-dade-county/

I think the key for Biden is attracting voters from the progressive base. Will enough of them come out and support Biden, or will they stay home again as they did in 2016, or go ahead and vote for the Green party.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 pm

I honestly don’t think the tax avoidance stuff is a vote winner. Most people have long since made up their mind on Trump as a person, and many will see him getting out of paying tax as evidence that he’s just a smart businessman (a lot of people think this way).

I do think Trump’s response to COVID-19 plays in Biden’s favour, though. This is one where perception hurts: whatever the failings of the states, the buck stops with Trump and it’s hard to ignore the fact that America’s response to the virus has been an embarrassment and cost many more lives than it needed to. It also takes away any perceived economic credentials he might have had, as he can’t point to anything resembling a strong economy at the moment (certain sectors have already been badly hurt by the China trade war, too).

You’ve got to look at some percentage of the 2016 vote as in part a protest vote and in part a desire to chuck the table over and see what happens, which is a lot more fun in theory than in reality. With things actually going badly in the country right now, the stability and "normalcy" offered by a Biden administration may see at least a few of those votes return to the blue column. A bad debate performance tomorrow could undermine Biden’s aura of being a safe pair of hands, though, so will be interesting to see how that goes.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:18 pm

^A safe pair of hands? lol

They probably shouldn't remind the public about handsy Uncle Joseph and his busy hands.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:38 am

Again, I think that’s an irrelevancy. People see what they want to see, and for many it’s just him being affectionate. I mean, Biden still has a literal rape allegation hanging over his head, and most Democrat voters have decided it doesn’t even matter whether it’s true or not. This stuff didn’t hurt him during a Democratic primary, so I can’t see why it would be an issue in a general election.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 am

Sleepy Joe wants to take a nap after each 30 minutes of debate.

Or does he need to take some pills? Who knows?

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am

David wrote:
Again, I think that’s an irrelevancy. People see what they want to see, and for many it’s just him being affectionate. I mean, Biden still has a literal rape allegation hanging over his head, and most Democrat voters have decided it doesn’t even matter whether it’s true or not. This stuff didn’t hurt him during a Democratic primary, so I can’t see why it would be an issue in a general election.

I agree. It was just that your 'safe pair of hands' line reminded me of it.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am

^

Love the Avatar, gave me a real WTF moment for a few seconds, but love it.

Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Laughing
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:11 pm

Trump getting his backside kicked by Biden🥴 in this debate. Trump repeatedly tries to interrupt Biden at every opportunity. Chris Wallace from Fox News has his work cut out trying to keep Trump on point. Trump is rambling on like a demented senior well out of his depth. Unbelievable😲
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:30 pm

I don’t know who “won” or “lost” - but it seems that Slumpy behaved like a truculent over-bearing pig. Since his only potential “winning” strategy is to shut up and hope Biden says something extremely dumb, that probably wasn’t very smart. Then again, Slumpy and “smart” are not things you expect to find in the same sentence.

Anyway, it was encouraging to read that Slumpy gave a shout-out to his White Supremacist mates. Hopefully, he’ll do a bit of an impromptu goose-step for the cameras next time.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Trump’s performance was a disgrace.Even schoolboy debaters show more decorum and sense than he does.He’s an embarrassment to the office of the Presidency and the country as a whole.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:57 pm

I was going to vote Trump. However after that showing I’m changing my vote to Biden .

Trump is obviously rattled and desperate I assume because of the polling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 194 of 222   

Jump to: