Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacha Baron Cohen infiltrated the Washington 3% (local rightwing militia) event in Olympia (a few minutes ago). A last-minute big donor paid to sponsor the event, and hire security... And then that security kept the organizers from getting on stage to stop Cohen. 😂

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/sacha-baron-cohen-infiltrates-us-far-right-event-pranks-crowd-with-racist-song

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:22 am

Trump and his mates. Apart from making Russia, China and Iran great again Trump is making the dictator Erdogan great again.

Follow the money:

Bolton Reveals the Beautiful One-sided Friendship Between Trump and Erdogan

"...Last Saturday, U.S. President Donald Trump fired federal prosecutor Geoffrey Berman, who has been viewed as Trump’s nemesis for a long time. He is the prosecutor who arrested and prosecuted Trump’s fixer, Michael Cohen. He later started to investigate Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer.

In between, he also prosecuted Halkbank, a Turkish bank convicted of laundering some $20 million for Iranian companies and thereby helping Iran circumvent sanctions. Two days after Berman left office, the Turkish bank’s shares jumped eight percent..."

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-bolton-reveals-the-beautiful-one-sided-friendship-between-trump-and-erdogan-1.8950905?utm_source=traffic.outbrain.com&utm_medium=referrer&utm_campaign=outbrain_organic

(I needed outline to get access to the article)

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:46 am

Bolton is a neocon warmonger who's bitter that Trump didn't bomb the shit out of Iran.

I wouldn't be treating his words as gospel.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:54 am

I haven't been following much of his book tour, but it does strike me that a lot of his exposĂŠs seem to focus on Trump being insufficiently belligerent with foreign powers.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 am

Jezza wrote:
Bolton is a neocon warmonger who's bitter that Trump didn't bomb the shit out of Iran.

I wouldn't be treating his words as gospel.

I know what Bolton is and was. However, follow the money. Trump has a liking for plutocrats.

I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand either.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:16 am

David wrote:
I haven't been following much of his book tour, but it does strike me that a lot of his exposĂŠs seem to focus on Trump being insufficiently belligerent with foreign powers.

It’s worth reading the article.

Bolton like a lot of others who worked closely with Trump and have left are all in unison about how incompetent Trump is. Bolton is a lot more than just bomb the crap out of perceived enemies: a tad reductionist I would have thought.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 am

'Fortunately', the potential alliance from hell didn't work out because they're happy to kill off different groups for different reasons. That said, the Kurds and Yemenis are not so lucky that Trump won out, while at home we know Trump has already overseen 128,000 deaths while trying to maintain his world beating market numbers, so there's no moral victory to celebrate here.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 am

watt price tully wrote:
Bolton is a lot more than just bomb the crap out of perceived enemies: a tad reductionist I would have thought.

Is he? How so? I've never seen anything from him to suggest anything other than a ruthless imperialist.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:37 am

^Not to mention finally finding the courage of his conviction...long after the horse had bolted through a lucrative book deal. You couldn't shut him up under Bush when there was no risk of retaliation.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 am

Trump lite Boris the Brexit Clown is tired of playing a horn-tooting Churchill; now he's Roosevelt on a unicycle:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/29/boris-johnson-calls-for-rooseveltian-approach-to-help-uk-economy-recover

You quite literally couldn't find two more incompetent, narcissistic, delusional, pathetic, cowardly, erratic, feckless morons to place in serious positions of leadership if you tried. They're freakishly, otherworldly bad, as if part of some comical plot for CCP world domination that is accidentally working.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:41 am

Jezza wrote:
Bolton is a neocon warmonger who's bitter that Trump didn't bomb the shit out of Iran. I wouldn't be treating his words as gospel.

So, which part of the post that you were responding to do you deny? Which part of it relies on Bolton's unsupported word? (ans: none of it whatsoever)

His points in order:

• Trump fired federal prosecutor Geoffrey Berman, who has been viewed as Trump’s nemesis for a long time. (Do you deny that?)
  • He is the prosecutor who arrested and prosecuted Trump’s fixer, Michael Cohen. He later started to investigate Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer. (Which part of this do you deny?)
  • In between, he also prosecuted Halkbank (Public fact.)
  • ... a Turkish bank convicted of laundering some $20 million for Iranian companies and thereby helping Iran circumvent sanctions. (Maybe you want to deny the court conviction?)
  • Two days after Berman left office, the Turkish bank’s shares jumped eight percent..." (Or this?)

As we can see, it transpires that every single point made in the post is subject to independent verification from the public record. Every one. No exceptions.

Your bad-mouthing of Bolton, in other words, is 100% irrelevant and has nothing whatsoever to do with the point.

(Disclaimer: I don't trust the fnucker either*, but if he tells me it is Tuesday and I look at my phone and it says Tuesday too, I don't then walk around denying the day of the week because someone I don't like said something about it.)

* All other matters aside, of his own free will, he took a job working for Donald Trump, which is really all we need to know to realise that he's not quite right in the head.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:42 am

pietillidie wrote:
You quite literally couldn't find two more incompetent, narcissistic, delusional, pathetic, cowardly, erratic, feckless morons to place in serious positions of leadership if you tried.

Yes you could - Bolsonaro.

Oh wait ... that's only one. Idi Amin?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Pfft, no need to plump for a dead guy when Duterte is (unfortunately) still alive and kicking! Perhaps we could throw Erdogan in the mix as well and get three for the price of two.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Trudeau and Rudd fit the bill nicely as well as the Democratic leaders of New York, Minnesota and Washington State.

Every South African leader since FW De Klerk.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm

I sometimes wonder if there are any good world leaders. I mean, Jacinda's okay I guess, but it's pretty slim pickings, isn't it?

(For my own amusement, in one of my ancient PS2 soccer games I put together a custom team – "Rogues Gallery FC" – made up solely of awful world leaders. Check it out!

GK: Trump
WD: Modi
CD: Xi (captain)
CD: Rouhani
WD: OrbĂĄn
WM: Macron
CM: Putin
CM: Merkel
WM: Abe
ST: Trudeau
ST: Bolsonaro
Subs: Morrison, Netanyahu, Bin Salman, Johnson, Assad
Squad: Duterte, Moreno, AĂąez, Erdogan, Kim, Museveni

Just try breaking into that line-up!)

Last edited by David on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 178 of 222   

Jump to: