Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest thing we have to Trump and his supporters in Australia is in Victoria with Dan and his cult.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:54 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The closest thing we have to Trump and his supporters in Australia is in Victoria with Dan and his cult.

Ironic isn't it. The left can see all the faults in Trump and none of the same in Dan.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Opposition to Trump isn't just about his managerial style, you know. There's a little thing called policy (plus ideology, plus political instincts) that's at least somewhat important in how kindly we look on someone.

Otherwise, those of us on the left who aren't Labor supporters are more than happy to call out Andrews for his failings, of which there are many. Still voting for him in a two-horse-race against Trump (even a Trump who was less of an incompetent, corrupt and racist bully) every day of the week, though, because politics isn't just about personal virtue.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Ironic isn't it. The left can see all the faults in Trump and none of the same in Dan.

The last time I checked Dan hasn’t been indicted on 78 odd felony counts which would incur decades in prison if convicted.Come back to us when that happens please.🙄
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:28 am

What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

You're losing perspective there.

Needless to say, being an annoying dic£ of a premier is not on the same planet as being a vengeful, erratic, criminal, amoral malignant narcissist, backed by dangerous extremist groups. Trump is distorting the entire political and legal system of the superpower even as he tries to wrest back control of the levers of power.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

This is just so ridiculous it has to be called out. I am utterly opposed to Andrews. He is a right wing Laborite no different from Perritot, with whom he collaborated on a daily basis.

However, Andrews is nothing in any way similar to Trump.
1) Trump calls for refugees attempting to cross the Rio Grande to be eaten by crocodiles or speared on barbed wire. I have never heard Andrews make such an appeal.
2) Trump attempted to overthrow the Constitution of the United States, annul an election result, and install himself as a presidential dictator. I have not seen Andrews attempt such a feat.
3) Trump called on fascist militia to swarm the White House. Andrews has never organised a lumpen rabble to swarm Parliament House in Canberra.

Let us please avoid such moronic comparisons.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:33 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

What a moronic comment from the right wing element worshipping Trump but have denigrated many from the left including Mandela in the past 🤦 Let me know when Dan builds a wall to keep the bad NSW folk out of Victoria 😂

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:05 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

What a moronic comment from the right wing element worshipping Trump but have denigrated many from the left including Mandela in the past 🤦 Let me know when Dan builds a wall to keep the bad NSW folk out of Victoria 😂

Bad example, you already forgetting Dans ring of steel? 😂😂😂😂

But an arrogant, egotistical, narcissist with a cult of fans who think he’ll never do anything wrong and worship him on social media. Fits both perfectly.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:58 am

eddiesmith wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Bad example, you already forgetting Dans ring of steel? 😂😂😂😂

But an arrogant, egotistical, narcissist with a cult of fans who think he’ll never do anything wrong and worship him on social media. Fits both perfectly.

Hey my man eddiesmith! Dan’s ring of steel saved many lives, including many like my 90 year old mum who was protected from unwanted risks. I guess if you didn’t have an investment in protecting someone you loved, it would be hard to empathise with those who were so thankful to Dan for putting us first instead of the business interests who will always rate making money and being successful ahead of a humble need from folk like me who wanted families to be put first. I fully get that it all about the sides of politics eddiesmith but sometimes other things take precedence over political loyalties I reckon. Anyway, for a right wing umpire, you are alright eddiesmith 😌 😎 Stay well mate.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:44 pm

Another day another 41 inidictments for the career criminal,this time in Georgia.Charges include racketeering,forgery and perjury among others.And people think this man is still a viable Presidential candidate?Amazing.😳
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:02 pm

^

The guy is still a viable Presidential candidate for one simple reason, people will vote for him. He's well in front in the polling for the Republican candidate which, I agree, makes you shake you head and go WTF, but that's how it is.

The other frightening thing is that if Trump and Biden go head to head for the POTUS, both will be older going into the election than any sitting POTUS previously.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:31 pm

Is there a precedent for the man with the nuclear button goingto the Big House?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:08 pm

No, but there is a precedent for the man with his finger on the nuclear button belonging in a Nursing Home.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:12 am

Some suggestion that the Georgia indictment is a particular problem for Trump because, as the charges are at state level, he can’t pardon himself if he gets into office. (And this is one he absolutely should go down for, too – it’s an open-and-shut case.) I guess it remains to be seen how that would actually play out if he did get voted in, because all of this is obviously totally unprecedented.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:40 pm

A usefully annotated version of the Georgia indictment in the NYT:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/08/15/us/politics/trump-georgia-indictment-annotated.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 218 of 222   

Jump to: