Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^LOL!

My thoughts exactly.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Tannin wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Trump announces 'peace deal' between Bahrain and Israel

Quote:
Israel and the Gulf state of Bahrain have reached a landmark deal to fully normalise their relations, US President Donald Trump has announced.

"The second Arab country to make peace with Israel in 30 days," he tweeted.

For decades, most Arab states have boycotted Israel, insisting they would only establish ties after the Palestinian dispute was settled.

But last month the United Arab Emirates (UAE) agreed to normalise its relationship with Israel.

There had been much speculation that Bahrain might follow suit.

Mr Trump, who presented his Middle East peace plan in January aimed at resolving the Israel-Palestinian conflict, helped broker both accords.

Bahrain is only the fourth Arab country in the Middle East - after the UAE, Egypt and Jordan - to recognise Israel since its founding in 1948.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-54124996

Give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize award Wink

Yer right. Give Trump a peace prize for (rightly or wrongly) claiming a role in a "peace" settlement between two countries that weren't at war in the first place. Twice!

Give me a break.

But wait, wait! There is peace between Denmark and Mexico! Yay! And no fighting at all between the USA and Canada! Or Australia and New Zealand! I claim my Peace Prize too! Better give me two prizes 'coz that's three pairs of countries who weren't fighting and aren't fighting now. And I could make more - Brazil and Sri Lanka; Japan and France!

if you saw the border security between Canada and the USA, you might not be so sure!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:08 pm

I think it's a serious oversight that no Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to a Nick's BB moderator yet.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:48 pm

^ This!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Tannin wrote:
Yer right. Give Trump a peace prize for (rightly or wrongly) claiming a role in a "peace" settlement between two countries that weren't at war in the first place. Twice!

Give me a break.

But wait, wait! There is peace between Denmark and Mexico! Yay! And no fighting at all between the USA and Canada! Or Australia and New Zealand! I claim my Peace Prize too! Better give me two prizes 'coz that's three pairs of countries who weren't fighting and aren't fighting now. And I could make more - Brazil and Sri Lanka; Japan and France!

It was tongue in cheek as my emoji suggested. I knew it would cause a stir on this board Laughing

Though, the award has already been devalued considering Obama and Kissinger have won it.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:25 pm

David wrote:
I think it's a serious oversight that no Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to a Nick's BB moderator yet.

Good point.

You guys have a thankless job as it is, so may as well be given some recognition for it Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:23 pm

^Amen to that, Brother Jezza!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:27 am

Rule #1: If it gets the malignant narcissist out of bed it's a self-serving fraud. It really is like shooting fish in a barrel; how people keep falling for it is beyond me. As explained above: this is not a peace deal, it's an arms deal, and we know how they turn out.

The Hill wrote:
Trita Parsi, the executive vice president at The Quincy Institute, says the recent diplomatic agreements among Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain amount to an “arms deal” so the UAE can purchase F-35 jets form the U.S.

In an interview with Hill.TV’s “Rising” Wednesday, Parsi said more dialogue in the Middle East was a good thing but noted that Israel was never at war with the two Gulf states and that the agreements signed Tuesday at the White House could ultimately further entangle the U.S. in the region.

“[T]he thing that worries me tremendously about this is that it’s become quite clear, this is not a peace deal, because at the end of the day the UAE and Bahrain were not at war this Israel, they’ve never been at war with Israel. This is an arms deal in which in order for the UAE to be able to buy F-35s from the United States, it had to give this concession and normalize relations with Israel,” he said.

“They’re buying it as a security guarantee. By buying a lot of American weapons, their calculation is that the United States will be obligated to come to the UAE’s defense,” Parsi added. “Instead of this actually creating peace, this seems to be something that is doing one more thing to bind the United States to the security of some of these states who themselves act quite recklessly, which then forces the U.S. to stay in the Middle East much longer…”

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/516704-quincy-institute-leader-middle-east-peace-agreement-an-arms-deal

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:38 am

Donald Trump, man of the oppressed silent majority:

The Guardian on a Report by the Institute for Policy Studies wrote:
The report calculated that 643 billionaires in the US had racked up $845bn (£642bn) in collective wealth gains since 18 March, when lockdowns began across the US and much of the rest of the world. The collective wealth of the billionaire class increased from $2.95tn to $3.8tn. That works out to gains of $141bn a month, or $4.7bn a day.

Over the same period, more than 197,000 Americans have died from coronavirus and more than 50m Americans have lost their jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/17/wealth-of-us-billionaires-rises-by-nearly-a-third-during-pandemic

So many angry fist wavers and science deniers, so many financial losers. You know what they say: associate with Donald 'Bankrupt' Trump, and get left with the bill, even as you find yourself providing him free PR by claiming you're better off and the swamp is drained.

Has there been a more deluded cult of losers since Waco?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:52 am

^

When Trump wins the election are you going to cope? You can't keep this up for another 4 years, you'll have an aneurysm.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 am

pietillidie wrote:
Donald Trump, man of the oppressed silent majority:

The Guardian on a Report by the Institute for Policy Studies wrote:
The report calculated that 643 billionaires in the US had racked up $845bn (£642bn) in collective wealth gains since 18 March, when lockdowns began across the US and much of the rest of the world. The collective wealth of the billionaire class increased from $2.95tn to $3.8tn. That works out to gains of $141bn a month, or $4.7bn a day.

Over the same period, more than 197,000 Americans have died from coronavirus and more than 50m Americans have lost their jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/17/wealth-of-us-billionaires-rises-by-nearly-a-third-during-pandemic

So many angry fist wavers and science deniers, so many financial losers. You know what they say: associate with Donald 'Bankrupt' Trump, and get left with the bill, even as you find yourself providing him free PR by claiming you're better off and the swamp is drained.

Has there been a more deluded cult of losers since Waco?

Not sure - but the problem with this Trump cult is it isn't introverted - it wants to take the rest of the World with it. I couldn't care less what happens to the US (their political system is stuffed and they can all go to hell in a bucket) - but I don't want their filthy nihilism imported here.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:58 pm

^ I agree but we need to understand how this happens. People don't just become Trump fans because they are dumb. Most feel they have been pushed there, and though it may be a case of biting off one's nose..., the issues that are causing this feeling of frustration with the Democrats and politics in general, shouldn't be ignored.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 pm

^ Yes. Absolutely.

Being dumb - really dumb, dumber than dog shite dumb - does not cause Trumpism. It is, of course, a necessary precondition, but in and of itself, it is not sufficient.

You are 100% correct in saying that the Democrats must shoulder some of the blame. If they had put up a half-decent candidate in the first place - Bernie would have done, but essentially anyone better than Clinton (which is to say practically anyone at all) - we would never have been in this mess in the first place.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Yes, it was just hubris.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

When Trump wins the election are you going to cope? You can't keep this up for another 4 years, you'll have an aneurysm.

I will have been put on a ventilator by a maskless idiot before then, so at least I'll be in hospital already when it happens.

To be fair, nothing one can say short of outright denying what is a surreal deadly pantomime sounds moderate. You're really asking for a very strained, very effortful normalisation of something that is dangerously extreme. The level of buy-in needed to play down the economic, social and international chaos will be taking its own toll, as avoidance and repression do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 192 of 222   

Jump to: