Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
^ This would be Trumpist propaganda, yes? Or is this claim (sounds unlikely, I know, but stranger things have happened) from a reputable source?

Open the other eye. I'm just saying reports of some of the numbers seem unrealistic, so just wait and see whether they are revised.

https://www.orangeobserver.com/article/breaking-orlando-health-the-98-positive-statistic-is-incorrect
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:58 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Tannin wrote:
^ This would be Trumpist propaganda, yes? Or is this claim (sounds unlikely, I know, but stranger things have happened) from a reputable source?

Open the other eye.

https://www.orangeobserver.com/article/breaking-orlando-health-the-98-positive-statistic-is-incorrect

Sigh.

So you don't have a reputable source then. A little once-a-week small town local paper doesn't cut it unless you have creditable backup for it.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Tannin wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Open the other eye.

Sigh.

So you don't have a reputable source then. A little once-a-week small town local paper doesn't cut it unless you have creditable backup for it.

Sigh!!

“There appears to be an error with Orlando Health’s number on that report,” said Alayna Curry, a spokeswoman for Orlando Health. “We’re looking into how this happened.”
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Good, we are getting this sweeping claim you made about major inaccuracies narrowed down to a piddly little error in a single district.

In other words, as expected in the first place. Nothing to see here, move along please.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:55 pm

a friend who lives close to the atlanta/florida border posted this which says the same:

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/florida-department-of-health-report-shows-private-and-public-laboratories-only-reporting-positive/?fbclid=IwAR3TQ9klsCeM0TuPFPKGOTjvj4rYXMDbTAQripAEqUEvK3ltzgNgRSepjUA

what ever the truth, they have a very serious problem, not so much Miami but a lot of Florida is a giant retirement home. lots of old people with shitty immune systems.

meanwhile Disneyworld is open for business, go figure!
(for those that dont know Disneyworld is in Orlando Florida!)

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:17 am

I love the way the the World's Worst Manager (WWM) sends out a minion to throw red meat to the Khmer Rouge Hats rather than actually leading. In this case, he's using Navarro to attack Fauci because he'd look like an even bigger coc@head if he did it himself.

The problem is, while the piece of dog faeces thinks it protects his image while boosting his base, it does nothing to protect the nation against the virus and the uncertainty it's causing.

Two-faced media games don't work when serious, unified direction is required. But, as ever, it's all about that vile piece of dog faeces first, and serious management second. What a creep.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/507501-navarro-fauci-battle-intensifies-to-detriment-of-trump

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:26 am

Tannin wrote:
Good, we are getting this sweeping claim you made about major inaccuracies narrowed down to a piddly little error in a single district.

In other words, as expected in the first place. Nothing to see here, move along please.

I know you struggle with numbers and stats, so it doesn't surprise me that you don't understand the concept of data errors.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:56 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
I've said all along that I'll be fascinated to see who Trump pardons just before he leaves office. I reckon he'll straight up pardon people if they can pay for it. He'll also pardon political allies and I wouldn't be surprised if he pardoned that cop who killed George Floyd just to troll the people he doesn't like.

The faux outrage over Trump's commutation of Stone's sentence is laughable.

Obama commuted 1,715 people as opposed to Trump (11), Bush Jr (11) and Clinton (61). I also read that Clinton issued 140 pardons on his final day in office which created much controversy.

Didn't see any outrage from the usual suspects when Obama was exercising that Presidential power in his 8 years as President.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:08 am

^ Did Obama do it for any associates or political allies, though, Jezza? That seems to be the key issue here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 am

It starts and ends with the message that Trump gave by this decision - "Lie for me and I'll protect you." It's unacceptable. As to the other commutations and pardons, who actually cares? Even if every single one of those was a farce, it would not make this one acceptable.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:40 am

David wrote:
^ Did Obama do it for any associates or political allies, though, Jezza? That seems to be the key issue here.

To follow up my question, here are the kinds of people who had sentences commuted by Obama:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Barack_Obama

Quote:
Most individuals granted executive clemency by Obama had been convicted on drug charges, and had received lengthy and sometimes mandatory sentences at the height of the war on drugs.

As I said above, I don’t really believe that presidents should have the ability to override the courts. But Obama clearly used those powers for good. Comparing that list to Trump’s is pretty eye-opening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:47 am

David wrote:

General James Cartwright.

Described as Obama's "favourite general".

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/01/obama-pardons-favorite-general-james-cartwright.html

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:59 am

David wrote:
As I said above, I don’t really believe that presidents should have the ability to override the courts.

The only way that will change is if the US Constitution is amended.

What's always interested me the most is whether a sitting President can pardon themselves. It would be interesting to see it tested in the US Supreme Court.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:36 am

Gee, imagine the effect it would have on the tv/movie industry if someone could not get a presidential pardon just seconds before their death penalty was about to be executed.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Isn’t there a classic 18th/19th century poem about that? The name of it escapes me, but I remember it being about a man on the day of his execution waiting for a letter with a governor’s pardon that may or may not come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 182 of 222   

Jump to: