Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Honestly, TP, the incompetence, mismanagement and decline - and support thereof from a clueless, selfish, fist-waving polity - is ten times worse than people imagine.

The inability to even maintain social distancing during a pandemic, or to do something as basic as wear a mask or keep distance, or to conduct basic forestry in a drought, or to stop burning toxins and cutting down trees, or to learn basic bloody maths and computing, or to roll out a decent fibre internet, or to accept basic science, or to elect competent and serious leaders, or to..., evidences a self-entitled, pathetic, incapable, dumb-as-dog-turds people.

I feel claustrophobic listening to the idiocy coming from Trump and Johnson's mouths, and that of those around them, because it is so obvious they haven't the slightest grasp of the whole or clue of where to even begin getting a handle on it. And people are deluded enough to think they're winning some culture war; instead, they're officially an international laughing stock glorying in their own decline.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Honestly, TP, the incompetence, mismanagement and decline - and support thereof from a clueless, selfish, fist-waving polity - is ten times worse than people imagine.

The inability to even maintain social distancing during a pandemic, or to do something as basic as wear a mask or keep distance, or to conduct basic forestry in a drought, or to stop burning toxins and cutting down trees, or to learn basic bloody maths and computing, or to roll out a decent fibre internet, or to accept basic science, or to elect competent and serious leaders, or to..., evidences a self-entitled, pathetic, incapable, dumb-as-dog-turds people.

I feel claustrophobic listening to the idiocy coming from Trump and Johnson's mouths, and that of those around them, because it is so obvious they haven't the slightest grasp of the whole or clue of where to even begin getting a handle on it. And people are deluded enough to think they're winning some culture war; instead, they're officially an international laughing stock.

Don’t worry PTID, you can rest assured, you can always go to Brazil 😉

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:04 pm

^

Or Indonesia or the UK...........

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 pm

^ PTID already covered off the UK and I’m not sure Indonesia can compete in the Premier League with the US, Brazil and the UK. They’re the only 3 countries that have reported over 35,000 deaths.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:28 pm

Oh Indonesia is seeking promotion to the premier league, and if Ptiddy covered the UK I missed it.

Most of Europe is relying on summer to kill off the virus, the problem for the UK is that their summer lasts 5 days.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 pm

^Oh, this despair is inspired by trying to avoid idiots spreading disease, navigate a collapsed economy, and endure the utter vacuous tripe coming from Johnson's mouth, believe me. He might be fractionally saner than that White House nutcase given he doesn't encourage people to carry guns and guzzle bleach even as they spread disease, but he shares the very same aversion to getting out of bed and taking responsibility.

31° C and sunny today, FWIW.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:52 am

https://hannity.com/media-room/breaking-now-federal-appeals-court-orders-judge-to-dismiss-michael-flynn-charges/?fbclid=IwAR0o5HzT67FrowhKEd8bcdbt7DAmBaK-hjhOCq_kkhTh50BYzMtf_f9x3AM
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:01 am

pietillidie wrote:
^Oh, this despair is inspired by trying to avoid idiots spreading disease, navigate a collapsed economy, and endure the utter vacuous tripe coming from Johnson's mouth, believe me. He might be fractionally saner than that White House nutcase given he doesn't encourage people to carry guns and guzzle bleach even as they spread disease, but he shares the very same aversion to getting out of bed and taking responsibility.

31° [b]C and sunny today, FWIW[/b].

Hope you enjoyed it, that was summer.

Forecast for the next 7 days is? Razz Laughing

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:28 pm

^32 followed by a sudden lapse back to spring weather Very Happy

This is along the lines of the high ground argument I keep advocating. The election of lying, mouthy idiots is the propaganda state's dream:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/23/trumps-misleading-information-enables-china-to-sow-discord-among-allies-research-finds

When people lack credibility to the extent of Trump and Johnson they make it impossible to discern legitimate concerns, let alone deal with them. Our own hysteria and lies are sweet music to authoritarian ears. Trump's lack of gravitas and ill repute has even somehow managed to provide cover for Kim Jung-eun.

Step 1: replace the lying laughing stocks and eschew nonsense and hysteria
Step 2: take the moral high ground
Step 3: persist longer than two minutes
Step 4: propose internal 'let's get smarter' opportunities that give people positive, motivating career and community objectives, and reward them accordingly, brightening future prospects
Step 5: in exchange for embracing this positive direction, enhance the social safety net and isolate the elite and hysterical who undermine the new arrangement and try to drag people back into the mud
Step 6: be tough on authoritarians by celebrating their peoples and cultures all the while refusing to buy into their hysteria and public slanging matches, meanwhile wedging firmly but quietly against them on the security front
Step 7: refuse to be dragged into the mud, arguing for staying the course and maintaining the high ground
Step 8: build a coalition of like-minded serious leaders whose refusal to deviate from the high ground isolates authoritarians and exposes them for who they are
Step 9: persist longer than two minutes

Etc.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 am

Deranged psychopath moves to further weaken healthcare during a pandemic he has failed to contain:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-53190429

Bravo Captain 120,000 Dead.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Hannity asks a question about Slumpy's priorities for his second term. Slumpy's answer (the video of it is in the link, if anyone doubts that Slumpy could possibly have uttered the following incoherent dribblings):

Quote:
Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s an — a very important meaning.

I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden, I’m president of the United States. You know the story. I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, ‘This is great. But I didn’t know very many people in Washington. It wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration.”

You make some mistakes. Like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/27/trump-campaign-stickers-social-distancing-tulsa-video
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 pm

^ Actually seems pretty coherent, by his standards!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:40 am

Trump appealing to his supporter base:

Trump tweeting a supporters call for white-power

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/indefensible-trump-retweets-supporter-s-call-for-white-power-20200629-p5572s.html

To think that there were people who really believed that he hasn’t or doesn’t enable racism Shocked

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:54 am

^So you think he's not looking real good for the black vote this year? Shocked
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Tannin wrote:
^So you think he's not looking real good for the black vote this year? Shocked

Nor is this bloke:

"Disguised Baron Cohen trolls far-right US rally, leads racist singalong
Comedian known for satirizing hateful ideologies sings anti-Semitic lyrics about Soros, hateful tune on Obama and Fauci, with some joining in, before he is whisked offstage
"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-disguise-baron-cohen-trolls-far-right-us-rally-leads-racist-singalong/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 177 of 222   

Jump to: