Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Dude, don't go there, you can't defend that.

He's just taking the piss now

It's obvious he doesn't really understand the whole thing, he's not a doctor but it's pretty well documented that people are dying from resistant secondary bacterial infections. My point is that the constant ravings of loons against him is ridiculous, something that should be a laugh at a politician making a gaffe becomes a huge rant about him. Yeah, he doesn't understand viruses, but then the experts don't really understand them either.

Obviously had a briefing where someone was talking about antibiotic resistant infections, was half listening while he ate a couple quarterpounders and went with it at a press briefing. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

It's obvious he doesn't really understand the whole thing, he's not a doctor ...... Laughing

You got that part right.

Thank god Trump has made America great again and fixed the economy by Easter that is, quite soon I believe.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

It's obvious he doesn't really understand the whole thing, he's not a doctor ...... Laughing

You got that part right.

Thank god Trump has made America great again and fixed the economy by Easter that is, quite soon I believe.

To be fair. If you listen to his speech, he did say, this was aspirational. Not that he would have the economy open.

Do we lambaste Eddie or Buckley if they say that we are aiming to win the premiership this year and then we don't?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 pm

^ No. Because tens of thousands of citizens don't die a slow, horrible death when Eddie or Buckley get it wrong. And Eddie and Bucks both honestly try to get it right.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Trump has now attacked his own Coronavirus expert, and is threatening to sack him.

Earlier today, Dr Anthony Fauci said, speaking very carefully so as not to upset his demented President, admitted the obvious - that more lives could have been saved if the country had shut down earlier.

Now Trump wants to fire him. Donald, YOU CAN'T SACK A VIRUS you demented moron.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
Trump has now attacked his own Coronavirus expert, and is threatening to sack him.

Earlier today, Dr Anthony Fauci said, speaking very carefully so as not to upset his demented President, admitted the obvious - that more lives could have been saved if the country had shut down earlier.

You must be from the extreme left to believe that Trump has anything to do with the Coronavirus spread in the US.

It’s obviously Obama’s fault because apart from being a muslim he introduced forms of public access to healthcare and if he hadn’t Donny wouldn’t have had anything to repeal.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:

You must be from the extreme left to believe that Trump has anything to do with the Coronavirus spread in the US.

It’s obviously Obama’s fault because apart from being a muslim he introduced forms of public access to healthcare and if he hadn’t Donny wouldn’t have had anything to repeal.

Funny you should mention Obama

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:11 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

You got that part right.

To be fair. If you listen to his speech, he did say, this was aspirational. Not that he would have the economy open.

Do we lambaste Eddie or Buckley if they say that we are aiming to win the premiership this year and then we don't?

It’s the problem with analogies.

You should try listening to this speech:

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2020/03/nj-comedians-riff-on-trumps-coronavirus-response-goes-viral.html

It’s that good it’s worth watching again 😉

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:09 am

Barry Eichengreen is always worth a read. I hope he's wrong, but with Captain Coronavirus unravelling before our very eyes, he's potentially being too optimistic.

The last thing people and business need at a time like this is a clueless ditherer without credibility and a sensible plan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/13/donald-trump-is-wrong-the-economic-hit-of-the-coronavirus-will-last-for-years

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:17 am

Nothing will ever be the same again. Nothing. Not the economy, not footy, not schooling or everyday life. Probably a good thing in some ways.

I took photos from the shore of Indented Head on Saturday night, and you can clearly see the Westgate bridge, the Melbourne Eye and crane rigging. I shot the pics at 105 mm, so not super zoom. No pollution haze at all. It’s 43klm across the bay. I might put on in the global warming thread!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Trump 2020.

"Make America Grieve Again".

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:50 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/13/us-elections-2020-joe-biden-wisconsin

Big swings to the Democrats in Wisconsin turfed out a conservative judge who opposed remote voting arrangements. This is a worrying sign for Trump - Wisconsin turning its back, even before Aaron Rodgers expresses any view.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:09 pm

Current poll in Wisconsin is 48-47 Biden. So Biden +1. The polls leading in to the 2016 election had Clinton at +6.5.

Trump won.

Removing people from the electoral roll who've moved house is exactly what we do here. Not sure what the Guardian is getting at with their black neighbourhood rubbish, is it harder to register to vote when black or fix a discrepancy on your record or register on polling day?

*Edit* It was also an election held at the same time as the live Democrat primary. Republican turnout was down 50% on 2016, she won by 7% (at the moment).
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Straight to the periphery - have a look at what happened to the conservative judge. He was generally thought to be safe but was actually trounced.

For the rest of it, all you need to know is that voting only in person is great for the Republican Party - a couple of days ago, Trump made statements publicly to the effect that if people were more able to vote remotely the Republicans couldn’t win. It is widely-accepted (indeed, embraced by the Republicans) that minorities are excluded by such devices. The stuff about “voter fraud” is just the usual self-serving conservative tripe to provide cover for a deliberate strategy of keeping the opposition away from the polls.

No one (and I do mean no one) could possibly justify forcing people to leave their homes to vote in the middle of this pandemic. People will die as a consequence of that cynical ploy. The trouble for the Republicans is that more than the usual number of people seem to have recognised that it was a cynical ploy.

Elsewhere, I read that about 30% of Americans believe that COVID-19 was created in a laboratory. That’s more than the proportion of the voter population that voted for Trump at the last election. Food for thought, there.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Elsewhere, I read that about 30% of Americans believe that COVID-19 was created in a laboratory. That’s more than the proportion of the voter population that voted for Trump at the last election. Food for thought, there.

Are you saying the virus was created in a laboratory? Oh. I always thought that was Trump. Really. I have pictures. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuoKNZjr8_U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 153 of 222   

Jump to: