Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Trump's greatest hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfzgef_LN4&fbclid=IwAR3PZlXal4SapkcRYzIdAl-GgG83g5ch09XsOMJfxqa_TrGPpqr_Dc5Ul9A

They actually made a 90 minute movie about it Shocked https://www.artoftheinsult.com/index.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

pietillidie wrote:
think positive wrote:
I’m terrified for us, I’m terrified for the US, and for countries like Africa, who don’t stand a chance, I’m terrified for my family in Europe, I’m terrified forthe whole $�$%^%%$ world.

I too worry, from my mum and the elderly, to the queues of unemployed, all the business people who will be wrecked, to Africa and poor countries. Imagine if you'd just invested your life savings in a cafe or restaurant? Spain and Italy are horror shows, while the US is set to join them.

BUT, try not to be terrified, which I know is easier said than done. Keep away from panickers on FB and the like. Some people by personality dump stress on others to relieve it on themselves; too much of them will wear you down very quickly. This is actually a good time for proper defensive denial for like half a day everyday, i.e., purposely shut the whole thing out of your mind so your body can relax.

On a lighter note, we had business drinks via Zoom last night, and it worked a treat.

i missed this! cheers mate! i love the zoom idea, the eldest had a meeting via zoom and she wore hubbies trump mask and hat, cracked everyone up!!

on friday i sat in the grass and waited for the butterflies to accept me, and then i took these, oh and another 600 odd!! shot at 600mm! and this is where i found my peace!! i put a heap on facebook to lighten the place up!

and there is no wrong thread for butterflies!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Trump's greatest hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfzgef_LN4&fbclid=IwAR3PZlXal4SapkcRYzIdAl-GgG83g5ch09XsOMJfxqa_TrGPpqr_Dc5Ul9A

They actually made a 90 minute movie about it Shocked https://www.artoftheinsult.com/index.html

thanks for the link - this will keep hubby occupied for a while! cheers

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 am

Having said a few weeks back that the virus was going to “disappear” before it did any significant harm to Americans, Trump has just done his daily briefing and told the country that flattening the curve could keep deaths in the US to between 100,000 to 240,000 deaths. This is now their “good” outcome.

He does sales very well - but let’s see how well this one spins. I can’t help but think that there are people doing the political arithmetic - if they don’t intervene properly to flatten the curve they might (on Trump’s public briefing) have between 1.3 million and 2.2 million deaths. On the other hand, that will all happen much more quickly than if they successfully flatten the curve. Which is better politically? 2 million deaths out of the way well before the election or the height of a less deadly pandemic in November? Great question to leave for a lying narcissist to reflect on.

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1245105781046902790?s=20

https://twitter.com/PaulWuster/status/1245106202091999232?s=20
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:37 am

If you're going to have the same number of dead either way (and that's a big IF), I'd say better to get it done quicker, get the pain over and done with.

If dragging it out means less dead, then do that.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 am

I was devastated to read a tweet from Fiona Whelan Prine in that thread reporting that she and her husband John have had the virus. She is recovering but John remains in a critical condition in hospital. I first heard “Sam Stone” and “Hello in There” in the early 70s. His debut album, just called “John Prine”, is a great work. It’s a dreadful feeling, just now, thinking back to playing those sings with your mates in High School all those centuries ago.

Get well, John. Please.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:18 pm

When it happened with Trump — and it was always going to happen given enough time — you just didn't want it to be this bad.

The US horror show means no matter how well a country does, their economy is going to be dragged back under by the superpower.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:29 am

It doesn't get much more disgusting than this: winding back fuel efficiency standards to pay off fossil fuels sponsors on the sly while the country is dealing with trauma, increasing the likelihood of future disaster events.

It's slime bag after slime bag at the expense of the population just as it was under Bush. Incompetence and corruption somehow always go hand-in-hand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/climate/trump-pollution-rollback.amp.html

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:31 am

pietillidie wrote:
It doesn't get much more disgusting than this: winding back fuel efficiency standards to pay off fossil fuels sponsors on the sly while the country is dealing with trauma, increasing the likelihood of future disaster events.

It's slime bag after slime bag at the expense of the population just as it was under Bush. Incompetence and corruption somehow always go hand-in-hand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/climate/trump-pollution-rollback.amp.html

Really? I wasn't all that disgusted. It's not unwinding fuel efficiency measures just reducing it to 40 MPG. The benefits are also significant, as outlined in the article. It means cars will be more affordable, and it could lead to people replacing more inefficient older cars with newer ones...which are both more economically but importantly, much safer, which will reduce the road toll.

40,000 people die and 4 million are injured in road accidents in the USA annually.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:55 am

What'sinaname wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Really? I wasn't all that disgusted. It's not unwinding fuel efficiency measures just reducing it to 40 MPG. The benefits are also significant, as outlined in the article. It means cars will be more affordable, and it could lead to people replacing more inefficient older cars with newer ones...which are both more economically but importantly, much safer, which will reduce the road toll.

40,000 people die and 4 million are injured in road accidents in the USA annually.

"It's not unwinding it just reducing it?" What are you smoking? Hasn't the illiterate bankrupter and crisis coward taught you about synonyms yet?

And of course you weren't disgusted; the article was longer than a tweet. Go back and read the second half. The lobbyists wrote the arguments you read, but as always they're lies and false accounting, as the rest of the article explains. And we all know greater fuel consumption and pollution cost nothing, right? No need to factor in things you can't see, of course, like the spread of viruses, technology transitions and statistical forcings.

Even as shite collapses around you.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:24 am

And of course, the serial conman and liar no doubt fired the scientists who wrote the actual report he's paid to avert your eyes from:

Associated Press wrote:
EPA challenged safety of administration mileage freeze
By ELLEN KNICKMEYER
August 14, 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Environmental Protection Agency privately challenged the Trump administration’s rationale for freezing Obama-era mileage standards, saying the proposal would actually increase U.S. highway deaths.

In announcing the mileage proposal earlier this month, officials with the EPA and Department of Transportation contended the mileage freeze would save about 1,000 lives a year. But in a June email, senior EPA staffers told the Office of Management and Budget — the White House office charged with evaluating regulatory changes — that it would slightly increase highway deaths, by 17 annually.
https://apnews.com/1a7551fca3294ec49029b93e994cd7f9

If a renowned narcissistic compulsive liar tweeted it, then it must be true.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Nothing stopping people buying more fuel efficient vehicles, or the car makers making them. It's just lessening the impact of Government regulation. Here's the Fox News take on it so you can have a perspective outside the liberal left.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-eases-obama-era-regs-vehicle-fuel-emissions

You're just looking for things to be outraged about.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:51 pm

I’m not outraged by it but the article you’ve linked does tell me that the Trump administration is using COVID as a vehicle (!) to drive (!) environmental regulation into reverse (!).
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:45 pm

Wokko wrote:

You've already forgotten this crisis was preceded by a bushfire season that burnt Australia to a crisp. From a US perspective, every statistical fraction of climate instability means worse hurricanes and surges.

Outrage? It's miles beyond outrage. People are paralysed with fear; wait until the outrage really surfaces.

What happened to Australia five minutes ago and now what is happening with the pandemic have been made worse by the same science-denying, millionaire tax-cutting, service-undermining, pollution-worsening, government-corrupting, fossil-fuels conflicted scum bags.

Add that to the self-inflicted lunacy of Brexit and the Trump/GOP alliance from hell, on top of two monumentally-disastrous lost wars and the GFC, and it's extremely clear who you do not want anywhere near positions of leadership on a complex planet.

Your concern with sticking it to some urban feminist liberal candidate who irritates you, or defending Chief Whack Job's latest self-serving idiocy, speaks to your isolation and desire for voice, not to world insight, experience or judgement.

The fact that these same incompetent and corrupt people are undermining your own wealth and security, and it still hasn't registered with you, evidences a sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

Like any isolated us-versus-them religion, this backward movement is parasiting off you at your own expense. You're being strip mined of your ability and talent for someone else's ends even as you wear the financial cost.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:00 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Wokko wrote:

You've already forgotten this crisis was preceded by a bushfire season that burnt Australia to a crisp. From a US perspective, every statistical fraction of climate instability means worse hurricanes and surges.

Outrage? It's miles beyond outrage. People are paralysed with fear; wait until the outrage really surfaces.

What happened to Australia five minutes ago and now what is happening with the pandemic have been made worse by the same science-denying, millionaire tax-cutting, service-undermining, pollution-worsening, government-corrupting, fossil-fuels conflicted scum bags.

Add that to the self-inflicted lunacy of Brexit and the Trump/GOP alliance from hell, on top of two monumentally-disastrous lost wars and the GFC, and it's extremely clear who you do not want anywhere near positions of leadership on a complex planet.

Your concern with sticking it to some urban feminist liberal candidate who irritates you, or defending Chief Whack Job's latest self-serving idiocy, speaks to your isolation and desire for voice, not to world insight, experience or judgement.

The fact that these same incompetent and corrupt people are undermining your own wealth and security, and it still hasn't registered with you, evidences a sort of Stockholm Syndrome.

Like any isolated us-versus-them religion, this backward movement is parasiting off you at your own expense. You're being strip mined of your ability and talent for someone else's ends even as you wear the financial cost.

Basically correct on all points.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 146 of 222   

Jump to: