Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stuff my mum says

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Big Bash Cricket is back and the old girl is in form.

She's an avid sports watcher and clearly has her favorites, she's also used to watching it alone and sometimes forgets there's others in the room (like me) while she does her Bill lawry with tourettes impersonation, vocalising whatever's going through her mind.

First game of the bash is Qld Heat v Sydney something. She likes Qld and hates Sydney in every way, despite (or because of ?) being born and raised NSW.

Usman Kawaja opens the batting for Sydney and gets multiple 4's of not many balls in the first few overs. Commentary included,

How did he hit that for 4?
Why couldn't the useless prick do that in the test side?
Dont let him back in the test team FFS

Brief interlude while I remind her that 20-20 and tests are quite different

Then he gets caught on the boundary with a perfect lawry 'Yes, Got him" with a thump on the arm of the chair. Laughing

On top of that, she's not a fan of Melbourne's weather, describing it as "like that Dan Andrews" which I'm not sure what she meant but didn't probe. She likes the heat and her only complaint with getting 5+ consecutive days over 44 up in Toc was the time spent watering the garden.

Then Tahir Khan comes on to bowl.

Mum .He's short for a Khan
Me. It';s a common last name, they come in different sizes
Mum. Yes but the others were all tall (meaning Imran)
Me. Maybe the short ones weren't any good at cricket before now
Mum, they're all slim too.
Me. Maybe the fat ones couldn't play international cricket either?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:35 am

Hehe, classics! I like your mum
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 pm

This should be fun. The Renegades are on, she's a renegades fan, loves Aaron Finch and hates Shaun Marsh who joined the Renegades this season.

If he scores runs her head may explode. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm

For the past few days it's been salad for dinner while I cook a different protein each night.

So tonight it's sausages, really nice ones from Paddy's meats in Bundoora.

So I mention to the old girl that I'll cook the snags tonight and she asks if I mind if she doesn't have salad with them but has an egg or toast or something, I wasn't really listening.

My response was, I don't tell you what to eat, eat what ever the **** you want.

My thought is, if you make it to 80 in good health, you're in the red zone, unless you're some peanut who wants to exist past 100, just eat and drink whatever the **** you want, you aint got many years left so enjoy them.

My cousin works in aged care and she (unintentionally) gives her near 90 year old mother hell lecturing her about her diet, confiscating her packets of Cup A Soup so her mum resorts to hiding her stash when the daughter comes to visit.

My advice to her was just back off, enjoy the time left with her and leave her alone.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
For the past few days it's been salad for dinner while I cook a different protein each night.

So tonight it's sausages, really nice ones from Paddy's meats in Bundoora.

So I mention to the old girl that I'll cook the snags tonight and she asks if I mind if she doesn't have salad with them but has an egg or toast or something, I wasn't really listening.

My response was, I don't tell you what to eat, eat what ever the **** you want.

My thought is, if you make it to 80 in good health, you're in the red zone, unless you're some peanut who wants to exist past 100, just eat and drink whatever the **** you want, you aint got many years left so enjoy them.

My cousin works in aged care and she (unintentionally) gives her near 90 year old mother hell lecturing her about her diet, confiscating her packets of Cup A Soup so her mum resorts to hiding her stash when the daughter comes to visit.

My advice to her was just back off, enjoy the time left with her and leave her alone.

i had these discussions when my mum was in the home, physio: "The air chair you bought her is fantastic, but you realize that it will be the beginning of the end for her mobility?" Me " she doesnt know who i am most of the time, she doesnt know who she is, she cant get to the toilet on her own, she is in a portable wheel chair all day long, let her eat cake and be comfortable!" he whispered to me "i wish everyone saw it that way!"

my FIL has dementia, he remembers 1 thing about people so he knows who they are, for me its footy, which was quite painful after the GF loss, every 15 min "how do you think your team will go in the finals" the last round on the sunday after the loss i said "i reckon we will be fine if the umpire doesnt kill us with 90 sec to go!!" so i got a call from the nursing home the other day, i have no idea why im the contact, so i tell hubbys sister and she goes to a meeting the next day because its her day off, hes put on 3.5 kg in a couple of months, please stop bringing in the sweets! so i bought him licorice and chocolate frogs!

let them eat cake!! man im going to live on sticky date pudding and Jim beam! maybe in the same bowl!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm

You should go with my brother’s recipe: a glass of Bailey’s with a kingston biscuit submerged, and a layer of double-thick chocolate custard on top. Enough of those will probably knock a few years off your life expectancy, but may as well enjoy life while we’re here! Cool
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:34 pm

David wrote:
You should go with my brother’s recipe: a glass of Bailey’s with a kingston biscuit submerged, and a layer of double-thick chocolate custard on top. Enough of those will probably knock a few years off your life expectancy, but may as well enjoy life while we’re here! Cool

that sounds yuk!!!!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm

I guess your mileage may vary depending on how much you like each of those things – or can stomach the idea of them together – but I overcame my own scepticism and thought it was one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever had. Mr. Green
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 am

hmm, maybe! cant hurt to try!!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:29 pm

David wrote:

I have made an ice cream dessert a couple of times for family gatherings - vanilla ice cream with Baileys and crushed Butternut snap biscuits. Just soften the ice cream, mix and re-freeze. You can do the same with Tim Tams.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Ok they sound good!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 pm

So mum turned 81 today. I got home from work early and grabbed a bunch of flowers on the way. Walked in, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the flowers. She was suitably happy, said thank you, and then said, "oh, by the way, I think your Dog's dead"

Confused

Guess what? He certainly was. He'd been laying in the same spot down back near the garden since basically she got up this morning, without moving, because he was dead.

Poor bugger had been going down hill slowly for past 12 months, but as I said to the old girl, if this was his retirement home he had a pretty good run for the past 5 years or so.

Got him off to the local vet for burial.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:29 pm

^ Sorry to hear that, Stui – always a sad thing to deal with. As you say, at least he had a good run, and sounds like he was in good hands.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So mum turned 81 today. I got home from work early and grabbed a bunch of flowers on the way. Walked in, wished her a happy birthday and gave her the flowers. She was suitably happy, said thank you, and then said, "oh, by the way, I think your Dog's dead"

Confused

Guess what? He certainly was. He'd been laying in the same spot down back near the garden since basically she got up this morning, without moving, because he was dead.

Poor bugger had been going down hill slowly for past 12 months, but as I said to the old girl, if this was his retirement home he had a pretty good run for the past 5 years or so.

Got him off to the local vet for burial.

awww bugger, at least he died in his home, and you didnt have to vet it, stressful, cheers and happy birthday to mum xxx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:41 pm

Happy Birthday to your mum Stui and RIP puppy dog - best way to go it seems peaceful and at home!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: