Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies v. Hawks - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Only question will be what will be bigger, the losing margin or Collingwood members in attendance...

Don't forget we will also be without White who will get 5 weeks for his perfectly legal bump!

Has it even been looked at? Nothing in it.

Got thrown out. He's good to go.

As you'd expect.

Probably further proof just how shit we are this year, even the MRP doesn't bother getting involved

Now if we were top 4 and a genuine threat to Hawthorn this week it would have been looked at...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:55 pm

piedys wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
No chance!
We will bend over & accept our punishment graciously.

Anything less than a four-quarter effort will be unnacpetable, and I WILL be naming names in the post-match thread....

I was pretty bullish about this game, and by jeez, I loathe these piss and poop mongrels, their arrogant vile fans give me a pain. But, in the cold light of day, we are missing Moore, Sinclair swan, fasolo, reid, Elliott, six vital players at their best. I have NO doubt whatsoever with them in, we would smash the dawks, but they are big outs, and now I'm just not so sure how it will pan out. I hope and pray for a very very, comepetive effort, a real four qtr effort, and I really hope we nail and hurt sniper Hodge and his little toerag mate, Mitchell. Let us hit these swines with everything, and see how it goes. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
piedys wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
No chance!

Anything less than a four-quarter effort will be unnacpetable, and I WILL be naming names in the post-match thread....

I was pretty bullish about this game, and by jeez, I loathe these piss and poop mongrels, their arrogant vile fans give me a pain. But, in the cold light of day, we are missing Moore, Sinclair swan, fasolo, reid, Elliott, six vital players at their best.

You forgot Adams, who is gradually becoming a big key to our performances. It'll probably be a rout, given those outs, but I know that our boys will give it all they've got.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
piedys wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
No chance!

I was pretty bullish about this game, and by jeez, I loathe these piss and poop mongrels, their arrogant vile fans give me a pain. But, in the cold light of day, we are missing Moore, Sinclair swan, fasolo, reid, Elliott, six vital players at their best. I have NO doubt whatsoever with them in, we would smash the dawks, but they are big outs, and now I'm just not so sure how it will pan out. I hope and pray for a very very, comepetive effort, a real four qtr effort, and I really hope we nail and hurt sniper Hodge and his little toerag mate, Mitchell. Let us hit these swines with everything, and see how it goes. Cool

Wasn't it a couple of seasons ago, we played Hawthorn in the last game and we had about two thirds of the side injured that day. From memory we stayed with them in the first half and then they ran over us in the second half. At least this time we play them, we have most of our midfield intact, apart from Adams and Swan. Hawthorn have a few players out as well. As you say, we owe them big time, so I expect us to take it up to them and like you say, we need to target Mitchell and Hodge, as well as that other little sniper, Lewis, if we're going to win.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm

De Goey must be fine to go as Balmey did not even mention him in the injury report.

Therefore I reckon there will only be one change, with Cloke coming in to replace Moore.

Goldsack deserves a game, but I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped to make way for him.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
This week we'll be facing the reigning premiers of the last 3 seasons at the G for our last game of the season. Missing from our team will be:

Moore
De Goey
Fasolo
Elliott
Adams
Ramsay
Scharenberg
Reid
Langdon

Pies by 8 points in a thriller.

Hey Rudey.Non of these players would make any difference to the result!!!! Ask anyone on here. No midfielders missing.....Apparently. Entire backline out!!! No problem. Rolling Eyes To quote some numpty on this site.."""Scharenberg,Ramsey...Langdon>.REALLY????"""""
Cloke ,Swan ,BroomheadCox Gault!!! There are a couple more as well.It's all Buckleys fault. """"""" Langdon, Sinclair & Ramsay??? Really??? """" This was the quote,sorry!!! Sinclair,was the other,which is one we both left off this list.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Just want this horrible season over...

Awaiting the cliche-o-meter to be awash with "ripping into pre-season" and membership spin

But this season, horrible, can't wait for it to be over (doubtless after one more pasting)

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This week we'll be facing the reigning premiers of the last 3 seasons at the G for our last game of the season. Missing from our team will be:

Moore
De Goey
Fasolo
Elliott
Adams
Ramsay
Scharenberg
Reid
Langdon

Pies by 8 points in a thriller.

Hey Rudey.Non of these players would make any difference to the result!!!! Ask anyone on here. No midfielders missing.....Apparently. Entire backline out!!! No problem. Rolling Eyes To quote some numpty on this site.."""Scharenberg,Ramsey...Langdon>.REALLY????"""""
Cloke ,Swan ,BroomheadCox Gault!!! There are a couple more as well.It's all Buckleys fault. """"""" Langdon, Sinclair & Ramsay??? Really??? """" This was the quote,sorry!!! Sinclair,was the other,which is one we both left off this list.

Too right Mudlark. Adding Broomhead and Sinclair makes a total of 11 players unavailable from our probable best 22. By my reckoning, 11 is half of 22. Rolling Eyes
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:56 pm

The_Staunton wrote:

Awaiting the cliche-o-meter to be awash with "ripping into pre-season" and membership spin

But this season, horrible, can't wait for it to be over (doubtless after one more pasting)

Truly, I have found this season both frustrating and exciting at different times. I was finding it very hard to keep the faith until the bye, though the Geelong game lit things up a little. Since the bye, though, I have seen a young side really starting to hit its straps. In some ways, I find this phase of a team's development the most exciting period of all as a fan. Smashing weak sides week after week, as we did in 2011, is pleasant ; but it's the moment when you finally break through on the climb that is the most exhilarating. I recall the Carlton game in 1988 or so, when Starc kicked three in the last ten minutes and it was clear that we were really becoming a powerhouse again after years of darkness. That was delirium.

We are clearly not quite there yet, but the development in the second half is great to see, and I love to see confidence and belief growing. As Mike Sheahan said recently, after that game against the Dogs, we actually looked an exciting young side, and I look forward to each week at the moment.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:08 pm

^ YEH, I only went too one game this season, the fantastic win over the Pussies, made me so happy, rapt, happy as a pig in shit. Post that, it was all down the shitter, more injuries, more up and down efforts, the wins over the eagles and giants were great, but it was an annus horriblis, and we can only look forward to next season, and better times. But hey, at the end of the day, only ONE team holds up that cup, and the seven teams who made the eight, end up exactly like us, no silver ware, and that is all that really matters. yes, its nice to make finals, but I have seen the PIes lose so, so many finals, you get over that excited feeling of being in the finals. If you don't finish top four, you cant win a flag, at the end of the day.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:12 pm

That's interesting. Yes it is good.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Cloke is in in.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cloke is in in.

Confirmed by Bucks on 360.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Only question will be what will be bigger, the losing margin or Collingwood members in attendance...

Don't forget we will also be without White who will get 5 weeks for his perfectly legal bump!

Has it even been looked at? Nothing in it.

Got thrown out. He's good to go.

As you'd expect.

And the same goes, surprise surprise, for Lewis...

Obviously a punch to an opponents throat isn't an issue, go figure. Hopefully we dole out a few Sunday arvo if that's the case.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Mugwump wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:

Truly, I have found this season both frustrating and exciting at different times. I was finding it very hard to keep the faith until the bye, though the Geelong game lit things up a little. Since the bye, though, I have seen a young side really starting to hit its straps. In some ways, I find this phase of a team's development the most exciting period of all as a fan. Smashing weak sides week after week, as we did in 2011, is pleasant ; but it's the moment when you finally break through on the climb that is the most exhilarating. I recall the Carlton game in 1988 or so, when Starc kicked three in the last ten minutes and it was clear that we were really becoming a powerhouse again after years of darkness. That was delirium.

We are clearly not quite there yet, but the development in the second half is great to see, and I love to see confidence and belief growing. As Mike Sheahan said recently, after that game against the Dogs, we actually looked an exciting young side, and I look forward to each week at the moment.

Couldn't agree more. It's 1 of the reasons I get along to as many VFL games as I can, really enjoy the watching the emergence of the developing kids. The transformation of the side in 2010 with the emergence of the kids and the 86 U19s coming through culminating in the 1990 flag side have both been great rides. I'll enjoy this 1 as much.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: