Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Suns . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Solid big win, a nice thrashing, and at least the doomsayers can STFU for at least one week.

Oh yeah, Collingwood 2nds beat Gold Coast 4ths by 70 points.

Quick, put a 5 year contract in front of Nathan Numpty before Richmond comes knocking!!

you doomsayers truly do live depressing lives, no joy, nothing but bile and more bile, and more spewing moronic posts like this, Onto ignore you go, if we even beat the piss and poo youd whinge like hell. Get a life. Confused Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:
Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

They had their entire midfield missing, and had to play the last bloke on their list. Everyone on their list has now got a game this season. But we are going so well that we can play a fully fit Cloke in the 2nds, just to qualify him for the finals of course.

Everyone on our list has got a game except for Sier.

No, you missed another one in Scharenberg who hasn't played this year either. Just because he's on one leg is no excuse not to play him. And why is Cloke dropped just because he was no good when we played him? He's Cloke isn't him? Just play him anyway and when we lose, just blame the coach, because it's the coach's fault.

Tim Golds has also been unlucky not to get a run, given his good form in the 2s

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Right. This also means the Suns haven't used every player either. O'Meara did not play a game.

Their losses haven't been as significant - O'Meara is promising enough but he's hardly an established star like Shazza.

I'm not much of a betting man but I'll back the guy with the double knee reco over the guy with the ruptured patella tendon any day. It's sad for footy but we'll never see more than a fraction of what O'Meara might have been capable of.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:
Well, it was not unlike the Essendon and Brisbane games, in that we crushed them in the first half, and just went through the motions in the 2nd half.

Considering the GCS were minus O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Melcheski, Nicholls and Ablett, then you need to ask yourselves if that is an acceptable result with those players missing?
They may not retain all those players, but we can expect to strike a much fitter GCS unit when we hit them at Metricon in 2017.
I doubt Eade is going to get three consecutive years riddled with soft-tissue problems going into 2017. His luck must surely change?
Anyhoo, I believe we kept them to one of their lowest 1st half scores since their inception, so plaudits for that regardless.

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night.Fasolo,Elliot,Langdon,Scharenberg,Adams,Reid, Sinclair,Broomhead,Ramsey,Swan ,Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke,Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp.But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

They had their entire midfield missing, and had to play the last bloke on their list. Everyone on their list has now got a game this season. But we are going so well that we can play a fully fit Cloke in the 2nds, just to qualify him for the finals of course.

Everyone on our list has got a game except for Sier.

And I think he was injured was he not???
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm

mudlark wrote:
piedys wrote:

I am always bemused when people,such as your good self,make mention of injury lists of OTHER clubs,yet steadfastly refuse or neglect,to mention our predicament.Just for your and others,edification,I have compiled a list of players WE were missing last night. Fasolo,Elliot, Langdon, Scharenberg, Adams, Reid, Sinclair, Broomhead, Ramsey, Swan Gault,and Cox.Throw in in out of form and Favour Cloke, Moore off before 1/2 time and even Goldsack as a late withdrawal and even a troll could see we are the worst off ,injury wise ,club in the comp. But I guess you just want to be a "perceptive fellow" whinger along with Thomson and Bob.

Muddy, I know what you are saying; sure we have been hit by a similar run of injuries too in 2016, no question.
But of those injured players, we are only really missing Swan and Adams from the on-balling brigade.
I'll list the missing GCS on-ball players again: O'Meara, Prestia, Swallow, Rischa, Nicholls and Ablett.
If IIRC correctly, those players were present in their defeats of us at Metricon in 2013 & 2014. Yes, those losses still piss me off.
O'Meara and Prestia may or may not jump ship shortly, not our problem.
Throw them back in their best 22, and it's a much tighter scoreboard.
The bulk of our injuries are defenders and forwards.
Regardless, still a great effort by our undermanned backline to keep Lynch, Day and the lanky ranga quiet, considering their lack of quality mids to generate inside-50s for the GCS.

So yes, I look forward to a 2017 season where we have minimal injuries, and players again have to fight for a spot in our best 22, not being gifted them because our stocks are decimated.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Gold Coast have used 40 players, we've used 39. Not sure their plight is so much more worthy of making allowances for.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Nice little Monday morning wrap up of the game with Chrisso and Clark.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-08-22/kiss-his-career-as-a-forward-goodbye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: