Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The who for who thread...?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:14 am
Post subject: The who for who thread...?Reply with quote

Williams:
Quote:
Marley is a 23 year old running defender who comes with some baggage.

He is from Perth so if a trade was going to happen, you'd think it'd involve WCE/Freo. These clubs might have their hands tied up trying to get Hill from the Hawks, and (altho unlikely now) Hogan from the Dees.

Victorian Dockers:
-Zac Dawson. No thanks.

-Nick Suban. 26. Dont think he improves the list. Looked good early on, but I dont know if he has continued with it?

-Tom Sheridan. 22 with 50 games under the belt. Would be a steal. Freo would want more.

-Hayden Crozier. 22 tall forward. Freo wont give him up so easily.

-Darcy Tucker. Looks good early on. Hard to tell if hes going to keep it going. Freo might want to hold on to him.

-Matt Taberner. 23, would be a steal. Freo are not that stupid.

-Michael Barlow. Almost 29 and out of contract. Would only consider if a good draft pick was included. His injuries are going to hold him down sadly.

-Ed Langdon. Younger bro of Tom, turns 21 in Feb. Hasnt set the world on fire, but I dont know a great deal about him. Still, I feel like we could do better.

-Zac Clarke. 26, but not a fair swap. Clarke has dropped off pretty bad if you ask me. His contract is up, so it's likely that Freo will look to move him on. If we traded Witts, we could look at Clarke as a cheap replacement. I think Marley is worth more than a back up ruckman however. EDIT: Just realised he is a free agent, so no trade would be required.

-Alex Silvagni. Almost 29 and not getting a game. Will probably end up delisted. Maybe Carlton bound?

Victorian Eagles:
-Mitch Brown. 27 year old twin of Nathan. Is a free agent so no trade would be required. Not a fit at Collingwood regardless.

-Andrew Gaff. 24. Not going anywhere.

-Tom Lamb. 19. Dont know enough about him.

-Luke Shuey. 26. Not going anywhere.

-Liam Duggan. 19 with 24 games under the belt. Looks ok, but again, I dont know much about him.

-Xavier Ellis. 28. Just about all over, but he has a flag and been a decent player. Next.

-Tom Cole & Jackson Nelson. Both 20 and played less than 3 games each. Sorry, I dont know them.

-Will Schofield. 27. Will remain at WCE until he retires.

Cloke:
Quote:
I think we might just end up taking the best draft pick that is offered for big Trav. Where will that will be, I dont know? Im hoping somewhere in the 2nd round is reasonable.

But if we were to look at the teams that could be interested in Cloke, these players could be of interest:

North: Aaron Mullett. (An under appreciated player at North. Is a great kick and has pace. He should be in their future plans with Dal Santo and co coming to the end, but if North are too stupid to see it, then we should go for it. Still only 24).

Essendon: Michael Hurley. (Yep. If the Bombers want to avoid a messy free agency problem where the player tries to break the contract, they could simply trade him to the team he wants to get to. Would just need to get Hurleys interest in the club. We could take advantage of the situation).

Bulldogs: Lin Jong. (Really not interested, but it has to be mentioned. Dogs might be desperate to get someone of note up forward. So Im thinking we could get something better than Jong, but its possible that he could be part of the equation. 23 years old).

Witts:
Quote:
If we move the big guy, we cannot sell ourselves short.

Also, Ive said it many times that we'd need to find a 3rd sting ruck to play behind Grundy/Cox if we were to trade him out.

Lions: Rohan Bewick. 26. Ok, he is never going to leave. But he has a fkn ripping kick on him.

Tom Rockliff. 26. Yeah, their captain. Its doubtful that Witts would get it done, but if Tom and the Lions have had enough of eachother then....

Then again, trading with the Lions for a 3rd straight year would be another long drawn experience.

GWS: There's plenty of Giant players that we could look at. And Witts feels like a great fit here.

Patton, Stewart, Hoskin-Elliott, Tomlinson could all be swapped for Witts. But we cannot afford to trade them any more picks.

All three of these guys could simply me moved for picks only, but even though we need to upgrade our draft selections, I'd like to bring in at least one player who will go straight into our best 22.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A shameless bump. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: