Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rita Panahi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:54 pm
Post subject: Rita PanahiReply with quote

A great article on the Conservative columnist and refugee from Iran; Rita Panahi.

http://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/feature/right-wing-refugee-rise-rita-panahi

One of my favourites, I love reading her columns and hearing her talk. Your mileage may vary, especially if you're a leftist virtue signalling Social Justice Warrior. Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article.

I quite like her stuff.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 pm

That's was a good read Wokko

I quite like a lot of what she writes as well

And I must admit I chuckle a lot at people who have called her islamphobic - reckon she has a few more clues than most of em!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:10 am
Post subject: Re: Rita PanahiReply with quote

Wokko wrote:
A great article on the Conservative columnist and refugee from Iran; Rita Panahi.

.....:

The point of course that you missed was that she was interviewed by a feminist left winger & it was a great interview (you got to hear & learn about the subject not the interviewer - so rare these days) although I reckon it's about 6 months ago but I can't recall where & remember discussing it with Mrs WPT at the time ??The Sunday Age??

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 am
Post subject: Re: Rita PanahiReply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Wokko wrote:

.....:

The point of course that you missed was that she was interviewed by a feminist left winger & it was a great interview (you got to hear & learn about the subject not the interviewer - so rare these days) although I reckon it's about 6 months ago but I can't recall where & remember discussing it with Mrs WPT at the time ??The Sunday Age??

I don't care who an interview is by or where it was published (SBS in this instance). I prefer to judge an interview or article on the content of it's character, not the failings of it's interviewer/reporter.

Agreed though, it's very well done. I'd like to see more of this kind of thing.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:34 am

A fascinating insight into her life and views and I agree, the kind of article we could do with more of but it doesn't make me any more inclined to want to read her own boring and spiteful opinion pieces.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:58 am

I rather dislike the media interviewing itself. I don't see the point of it, save that it may be easier to fill up space with that sort of dross than to engage someone capable of writing something (of whatever political hue) thoughtful about an issue of importance.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:19 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I rather dislike the media interviewing itself. I don't see the point of it, save that it may be easier to fill up space with that sort of dross than to engage someone capable of writing something (of whatever political hue) thoughtful about an issue of importance.

I quite like the article about her because she broke her bread on being outrageous making silly divisive extreme claims on radio - the sort of stuff extremists like that is, polarising non-informative rhetoric. However she is more sophisticated than that and she is not a redneck but at times she can be full of blame.

I like the way she holds a torch to the Islamic community - that type of diversity is needed however it can be exploited by some extreme right wing nutters for their own myopic grievances in a polarising way in the politics of hate

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:17 pm

It must have been a defining point in a persons make up. Starting life in a 'free' country then going back to Iran and being forced as a child to wear the bat suit and experience the sudden comparative oppression.

Then coming to a country where again she is free to choose to be an atheist and not be constrained by a religion. It sounds like she had fairly intelligent and progressive parents (as far as a midwife can be Razz ) who were happy to be relaxed about the religious requirements once they were in a society that let them.

She also had an opinion on Sonia Kruger's comments.

Quote:
AUSTRALIAN progressives are displaying just how wonderfully open-minded they are by mercilessly abusing TV host Sonia Kruger for daring to voice an opinion on Muslim migration.

This is the standard modus operandi of the supposedly tolerant Left; harass, intimidate and ultimately silence dissenting voices.

Kruger has been called a racist, bigot, Islamaphobic and even compared to Hitler.

Of course there is plenty of vile sexist abuse mixed in with the bile-filled hate; she has been labelled a bitch, bimbo, whore, slut and the c-word repeatedly.

Shes even been told to kill herself.

Conservative women are used to this type of demented abuse from those who prefer to attack and smear the individual rather than debate the topic.

Meanwhile, feminists stay silent as another woman is eviscerated online for the crime of voicing an opinion that differs from the standard PC lines expected from the media and political elite.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/sonia-kruger-dared-to-talk-muslim-migration-then-came-the-lefts-crazed-abuse/news-story/7d3f79f833223cb04ab1d2489420f942

Interesting point about the feminists. Crucify Eddie for the Carro remarks but support a woman who's made a non PC remark? Nope.

It'd be interesting to run some of the comments made against Pauline hanson through the Eddie filter and see if they're disparaging against women or promoting violence, or maybe she doesn't count?

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 pm

This a recent interview with the Gad Saad, its always good to hear from fellow atheists who talk sense, because there are plenty that dont.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvpWImFx020

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 pm

stui magpie wrote:
It must have been a defining point in a persons make up. Starting life in a 'free' country then going back to Iran and being forced as a child to wear the bat suit and experience the sudden comparative oppression.

Then coming to a country where again she is free to choose to be an atheist and not be constrained by a religion. It sounds like she had fairly intelligent and progressive parents (as far as a midwife can be Razz ) who were happy to be relaxed about the religious requirements once they were in a society that let them.

Quote:
AUSTRALIAN progressives are displaying just how wonderfully open-minded they are by mercilessly abusing TV host Sonia Kruger for daring to voice an opinion on Muslim migration.

This is the standard modus operandi of the supposedly tolerant Left; harass, intimidate and ultimately silence dissenting voices.

Kruger has been called a racist, bigot, Islamaphobic and even compared to Hitler.

Of course there is plenty of vile sexist abuse mixed in with the bile-filled hate; she has been labelled a bitch, bimbo, whore, slut and the c-word repeatedly.

Conservative women are used to this type of demented abuse from those who prefer to attack and smear the individual rather than debate the topic.

Meanwhile, feminists stay silent as another woman is eviscerated online for the crime of voicing an opinion that differs from the standard PC lines expected from the media and political elite.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/sonia-kruger-dared-to-talk-muslim-migration-then-came-the-lefts-crazed-abuse/news-story/7d3f79f833223cb04ab1d2489420f942

Interesting point about the feminists. Crucify Eddie for the Carro remarks but support a woman who's made a non PC remark? Nope.

It'd be interesting to run some of the comments made against Pauline hanson through the Eddie filter and see if they're disparaging against women or promoting violence, or maybe she doesn't count?

Not so much "doesn't" as "can't".
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:

[.....

women

?

Not just conservative women but women generally online cop unbelievable hate mail from idiois / trolls in all manner of forums.

Having said that Waleed Aly that bloody leftist muslim scumbag has also come out against Kruger & who can blame him on that Left wing rag the Hun - oh wait a minute this doesn't fit the polarising narrative Wink

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/sonia-kruger-isnt-evil-waleed-aly/news-story/5968a1a4746c85b683212966b614c3f4

Cue Wokko: 1 in 3 men also cop online abuse telling them to.... Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:40 pm

^

Dude, there's editing someone's post and then there's that. Seriously? Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

[.....

women

?

Not just conservative women but women generally online cop unbelievable hate mail from idiois / trolls in all manner of forums.

Having said that Waleed Aly that bloody leftist muslim scumbag has also come out against Kruger & who can blame him on that Left wing rag the Hun - oh wait a minute this doesn't fit the polarising narrative Wink

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/sonia-kruger-isnt-evil-waleed-aly/news-story/5968a1a4746c85b683212966b614c3f4

Cue Wokko: 1 in 3 men also cop online abuse telling them to.... Wink

1 in 3 might be understating it...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/01/australian-election-2016-turnbull-shorten-coalition-greens-labor-politics-live

Quote:
Andrew Wilkie, Bob Katter, Christian Porter, Clive Palmer, Peter Dutton, Greg Hunt, Barnaby Joyce, Tony Abbott, Scott Morrison, Andrew Nikolic, Josh Frydenberg, Chris Bowen and Craig Laundy round out the top 15 with 2% or more of all mentions abusive. There were no female MPs in the top 20.

Of course, I'm not denying that female journalists are often the targets of specifically misogynistic attacks, and of course that is completely unacceptable. But if anyone's gained the impression that women are the only, or primary, targets of online abuse, they may be barking up the wrong tree.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 pm

http://www.xyz.net.au/bolt-moves-family-death-threats/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: