Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Want to talk about misogyny ? How can this happen.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 pm
Post subject: Want to talk about misogyny ? How can this happen.Reply with quote

A girl who was raped, was then expelled from school for "tarnishing the schools image"

Shocked WTF?

Quote:
An Indonesian school has expelled a 14-year-old girl, claiming she "tarnished" the institution's image after she was raped by a trafficking syndicate, a child rights activist said on Tuesday.
Arist Merdeka Sirait, chairman of the National Commission for Child Protection, said a private school just outside Jakarta expelled the teenager during a ceremony attended by pupils on Monday.
A teacher told the girl she had "tarnished the school's image", said Sirait. "The school has worsened her trauma by humiliating her in front of hundreds of schoolmates," he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/raped-pupil-expelled-for-tarnishing-schools-image-20121010-27cta.html#ixzz28sS2BTRs

Still, being expelled from school for being raped is sick enough, but being shot for wanting to go to school?

Quote:
An attempt by the Taliban to kill a 14-year old girl, famous for speaking out against the Islamic militants and their attacks on girls' education, has triggered a wave of national revulsion in Pakistan.
Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head and neck while she sat with classmates on a school bus as it prepared to drive students home after morning classes in Mingora, a city in the Swat Valley where major operations were conducted in 2009 to crush a Taliban insurgency. She was taken to hospital before being whisked by military helicopter to an intensive care ward in the city of Peshawar.
He said the mood of revulsion extended beyond just the "educated elite", saying the switchboard at Radio Pakistan's Peshawar studio had "lit up like Christmas lights" when phone lines were opened for people across the country to contact a phone-in programme

Police said a bearded man approached the bus and asked which of the girls was Malala. When one of the other girls pointed at her she denied who she was. The gunman then shot both girls, although police say a total of three people were wounded.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/outrage-as-girl-who-spoke-out-shot-in-the-head-20121010-27bya.html#ixzz28sSWyVod

All the moral outrage over Peter Slipper comparing vaginas to seafood, yet nothing over this kind of stuff. Gotta wonder where peoples heads are at.

Or is that just us having "1st world problems"

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer 1: (immediate implule) It's just us having first world problems.

Answer 2: (after more careful thought) Actually, the much less visible misogyny we see here from the likes of Jones and Abbott - Slipper isn't a real misogynist, he's just a schoolboy who thinks talking dirty is clever - misogyny we see here from the likes of Jones and Abbott is a small step down the same path that religious nuts all over the world tread. Abbott hasn't advocated expulsion after rape, but he would nevertheless view the girl as tarnished - that is his church's teaching, and he is a religious man - and we know for a fact that he would disapprove of an abortion for her if the rape resulted in a pregnancy because - his own words here - because that would be "the easy way out".

Would I rather have Abbott than the Taliban? On balance, yes. Is there any difference of kind between them? Or just a difference in degree? The latter. A misogynist religious nut is a misogynist religious nut. It's just the size of the nut that changes.

Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm

I used to get widely abused here for pointing out my disgust at Muslim attitudes towards women.

It's quite ironic actually... the people who used to abuse me then are the same people who are now just so keen to demand Tony Abbott's head for being misogynistic.
Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Tannin wrote:

Answer 2: (after more careful thought) Actually, the much less visible misogyny we see here from the likes of Jones and Abbott - Slipper isn't a real misogynist, he's just a schoolboy who thinks talking dirty is clever - misogyny we see here from the likes of Jones and Abbott is a small step down the same path that religious nuts all over the world tread. Abbott hasn't advocated expulsion after rape, but he would nevertheless view the girl as tarnished - that is his church's teaching, and he is a religious man - and we know for a fact that he would disapprove of an abortion for her if the rape resulted in a pregnancy because - his own words here - because that would be "the easy way out".

Would I rather have Abbott than the Taliban? On balance, yes. Is there any difference of kind between them? Or just a difference in degree? The latter. A misogynist religious nut is a misogynist religious nut. It's just the size of the nut that changes.

So by this measure, one can't distinguish members of the Fabian society with members of Stalin's inner circle?
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Bruno wrote:
Tannin wrote:

So by this measure, one can't distinguish members of the Fabian society with members of Stalin's inner circle?

its funny I can't distinguish you from a witless turnip Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Correct!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Errr ... just to save confusion, that post was directed to Ronnie. Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Ummm
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Bruno wrote:
I used to get widely abused here for pointing out my disgust at Muslim attitudes towards women.

It's quite ironic actually... the people who used to abuse me then are the same people who are now just so keen to demand Tony Abbott's head for being misogynistic.

Not me chum. Maybe some others - you will need to provide quotes to demonstrate your point if that is the case - but I have been opposed to religious nutcases ever since I first saw the terrible harm they can do many years ago.

PS: doesn't mean that I didn't shout at you, of course - yelling at Bruno is pretty much a required skill if you want to be a proper Nickster - but I have always regarded Muslim attitudes to women as a truly terrible thing.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Bruno wrote:

All Muslims are?

All Christians are?

All Jews are?

All Libs are?

Now Bruno, tell me again about generalizations, I'm really keen to listen Rolling Eyes

BTW, all Tony Abbott's have proven themeselves to be mysogists.

Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Bruno wrote:

All Muslims are?

All Christians are?

All Jews are?

All Libs are?

Now Bruno, tell me again about generalizations, I'm really keen to listen Rolling Eyes

BTW, all Tony Abbott's have proven themeselves to be mysogists.

I never said "all" Muslims.
Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Bruno wrote:
Tannin wrote:

its funny I can't distinguish you from a witless turnip Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're resorting to name calling? Really?.... Really?
Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Where's pietillidie and 3.14159 etc. by the way?

Culprit, rocketronnie, Watt Price Tully, David and Tannin vs Bruno and CP isn't a fair contest.

Surely the fairer fight is 7 on 2. None of this 5 on 2 stuff.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Misogyny is intrenched in the LNP. They so live in the past.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Bruno wrote:
Where's pietillidie and 3.14159 etc. by the way?

Culprit, rocketronnie, Watt Price Tully, David and Tannin vs Bruno and CP isn't a fair contest.

Surely the fairer fight is 7 on 2. None of this 5 on 2 stuff.

So Bruno you have proved yourself a true liberal and Abbott clone

No female posters worth reading then eh? Wink

You know some fools gave us the vote and vote we shall Razz

In the meantime back to the dishes for me Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: