Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rita Panahi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountains Magpie wrote:
[quote="David"]I never presumed for a minute that Aly "did it tough". His intelligence and thoughtfulness speak for themselves. The only thing that puzzles me is how someone of his intellectual calibre managed to end up on commercial TV.[/quote]

Ego?
How old are you?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Dude, there's editing someone's post and then there's that. Seriously? Rolling Eyes

That's true ...to a point. The issue I was making an issue of was ...I forget Wink

Nah, it was the quote from the Australian about conservative women being the victim of online hate & abuse or whatever.

My view is that it is not merely confined to a left right dichotomy that the author you quoted was keen to suggest.

Fair enough. It does tend depend on the argument and background though. In my observation the progressives or left or whatever you want to call them are more likely to resort to abuse to win an argument. No doubt that once you widen the scope from politics there is way to many abusive trolls on social media who get their kicks bullying people regardless of politics or gender.

I would have preferred it though if you could have made the point without chopping my post into something unrecognisable.

David wrote:
I never presumed for a minute that Aly "did it tough". His intelligence and thoughtfulness speak for themselves. The only thing that puzzles me is how someone of his intellectual calibre managed to end up on commercial TV.

Maybe he likes getting paid and wants to reach a wider audience?

Nice and cozy and safe preaching to a congregation of 3 people and a dog who are already converted to your views, and it doesn't pay very well.

Less safe going mainstream, but greater reward in several senses if it comes off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: