Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rita Panahi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/theboltreport/videos/277990529225750/

Bolt on Kruger and the abuse directed at her.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:08 am

Good article. Enjoyed reading that especially regarding her early life.

Like some other posters here, I enjoy reading her column as well.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:53 am

Watt Price Tully wrote:
Quote:
=

?

Having said that Waleed Aly that bloody leftist muslim scumbag has also come out against Kruger & who can blame him on that Left wing rag the Hun - oh wait a minute this doesn't fit the polarising narrative Wink

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/sonia-kruger-isnt-evil-waleed-aly/news-story/5968a1a4746c85b683212966b614c3f4

Cue Wokko: 1 in 3 men also cop online abuse telling them to.... Wink

Waleed Aly did it tough. Grew up in that hotbed of violence Vermont where his engineer parents were not exactly struggling. Was forced to go a slum school, Wesley College. Pulling the wool over the luvvy lefties for years.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:17 am

I never presumed for a minute that Aly "did it tough". His intelligence and thoughtfulness speak for themselves. The only thing that puzzles me is how someone of his intellectual calibre managed to end up on commercial TV.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:51 am

ronrat wrote:
Watt Price Tully wrote:
Quote:
=

?

Having said that Waleed Aly that bloody leftist muslim scumbag has also come out against Kruger & who can blame him on that Left wing rag the Hun - oh wait a minute this doesn't fit the polarising narrative Wink

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/sonia-kruger-isnt-evil-waleed-aly/news-story/5968a1a4746c85b683212966b614c3f4

Waleed Aly did it tough. Grew up in that hotbed of violence Vermont where his engineer parents were not exactly struggling. Was forced to go a slum school, Wesley College. Pulling the wool over the luvvy lefties for years.

You have no point RR FFS. Do you agree or disagree with what Waleed said? Or are you as you seem to suggest are way too smart to wool pulled over your eyes.

Goodness me Rolling Eyes

Waleed was saying stop picking on Kruger. What TF is wrong with that?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

She also had an opinion on Sonia Kruger's comments.

[.....

Kruger has been called a racist, bigot, Islamaphobic and even compared to Hitler.

Of course there is plenty of vile sexist abuse mixed in with the bile-filled hate; she has been labelled a bitch, bimbo, whore, slut and the c-word repeatedly.

Shes even been told to kill herself.

women

?

Not just conservative women but women generally online cop unbelievable hate mail from idiois / trolls in all manner of forums.

1 in 3 might be understating it...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jul/01/australian-election-2016-turnbull-shorten-coalition-greens-labor-politics-live

Quote:
Andrew Wilkie, Bob Katter, Christian Porter, Clive Palmer, Peter Dutton, Greg Hunt, Barnaby Joyce, Tony Abbott, Scott Morrison, Andrew Nikolic, Josh Frydenberg, Chris Bowen and Craig Laundy round out the top 15 with 2% or more of all mentions abusive. There were no female MPs in the top 20.

Of course, I'm not denying that female journalists are often the targets of specifically misogynistic attacks, and of course that is completely unacceptable. But if anyone's gained the impression that women are the only, or primary, targets of online abuse, they may be barking up the wrong tree.

David you've used pollies as your example. Not a particularly valid argument I would have thought. Men vastly outweigh (oops) women in parliament including & especially in the current & past government.

My point with Stui is that he made a point about conservative women being the target of online hate / abuse & I simply pointed out that online abuse in terms of gender is not confined to a left / right dichotomy.

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

If that were the explanation, then you would still expect around at least 1 out of 3 of that top 20 to be women (the current proportion of female to male parliamentarians). On this very limited data set alone, it seems that people are actually more comfortable abusing men online than women. Of course there may well be other studies out there that suggest the opposite, but I just thought this isolated article seemed to undermine the prevailing wisdom (that is, that high-profile women are unwelcome online and much more likely to cop abuse than their male counterparts).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Dude, there's editing someone's post and then there's that. Seriously? Rolling Eyes

That's true ...to a point. The issue I was making an issue of was ...I forget Wink

Nah, it was the quote from the Australian about conservative women being the victim of online hate & abuse or whatever.

My view is that it is not merely confined to a left right dichotomy that the author you quoted was keen to suggest.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:26 pm

watt price tully wrote:
ronrat wrote:
Watt Price Tully wrote:
Quote:
=

?

You have no point RR FFS. Do you agree or disagree with what Waleed said? Or are you as you seem to suggest are way too smart to wool pulled over your eyes.

Goodness me Rolling Eyes

Waleed was saying stop picking on Kruger. What TF is wrong with that?

It is a pity Eddy didn't get the same latitude iover the carogate rubbish. My sister in law and nephews and nieces are Indonesian muslims and no I don't agree with Aly. I think Kruger deserves some modicum of vitriol. If the networks are going to employ airheads at least expect them to use some common sense. Or is this going to another Jill Singer moment.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:29 pm

I'll assume or disagree with what Waleed said for now.
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
[quote="stui magpie"]^

Dude, there's editing someone's post and then there's that. Seriously? Rolling Eyes[/quote]

That's true ...to a point. The issue I was making an issue of was ...I forget Wink

Nah, it was the quote from the Australian about conservative women being the victim of online hate & abuse or whatever.

My view is that it is not merely confined to a left right dichotomy that the author you quoted was keen to suggest.
I am always serious.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:31 pm

David wrote:
If that were the explanation, then you would still expect around at least 1 out of 3 of that top 20 to be women (the current proportion of female to male parliamentarians). On this very limited data set alone, it seems that people are actually more comfortable abusing men online than women. Of course there may well be other studies out there that suggest the opposite, but I just thought this isolated article seemed to undermine the prevailing wisdom (that is, that high-profile women are unwelcome online and much more likely to cop abuse than their male counterparts).

I was thinking not just in terms of that but also say women in gaming forums etc that is the wider (?narrower) world let alone sports journalists.

In terms of pollies I think we can all quote cases. Nova Peris comes to mind with a crazy older male liberal party chiropractor pleading guilty telling her to .....:

A Central Coast chiropractor and former Liberal Party member has pleaded guilty to posting racist and offensive messages on the Facebook page of former Senator Nova Peris.

Chris Nelson, 64, initially claimed his Facebook profile had been hacked when messages were sent calling Ms Peris a "black c---" and telling her to "f--- off" and "go back to the bush and suck on witchity [sic] grubs".'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/chiropractor-chris-nelson-pleads-guilty-to-racist-posts-on-nova-peris-facebook-page-20160621-gpnxog.html

Charming

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:31 pm

David wrote:
I never presumed for a minute that Aly "did it tough". His intelligence and thoughtfulness speak for themselves. The only thing that puzzles me is how someone of his intellectual calibre managed to end up on commercial TV.

Ego?

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Whatever dark magic was at work, more of it, please!
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Your polite style is very nice. Are you scared of the dark?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: