Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wonderful news at training today

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:06 pm
Post subject: Wonderful news at training todayReply with quote

Nobody else has mentioned it yet, but I'd like to point out that for the first time this year, Scharenberg participated in training with the main group for about 15 minutes today. Players put their arms around him and made him feel welcome. He looked forlorn when he came off the ground, but I assume that was because he wished he could have spent longer on the ground. Pendlebury was just fantastic with him out on the ground. I hope this put to rest questions about his leadership this year. Pendlebury even wore the number 12 to training last week forewarning that it won't be too long before we see Scharenberg playing senior football again.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news. I really hope he can get his body right and have a strong pre-season becasue he is a natural footballer. If he can stay injury free the Pies will have a very special player at their disposal who could be anything.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Two bionic knees now...he'll play 150 games in the black and white.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:53 pm

That is good to Hear.

Shows how Highly the Club Rates him

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:21 pm

I just hope he turns out to be a good player. He hasn't impressed me in the few games he's played so far, but better judges than me seem to reckon he's got the makings of a gun player, so the odds are he will be great. Let's just hope he recovers successfully and has an injury free season in 2017.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I just hope he turns out to be a good player. He hasn't impressed me in the few games he's played so far, but better judges than me seem to reckon he's got the makings of a gun player, so the odds are he will be great. Let's just hope he recovers successfully and has an injury free season in 2017.

Maybe he not had a Good Run because of Injuries Rolling Eyes

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Maybe he not had a Good Run because of Injuries Rolling Eyes

You got that right Dave. Wink

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:50 pm

Great news, iv'e been wondering how he's going, be nice if he could snag a VFL game or 2 this year.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 am

That's great news. This is a real strength of character test for any young player. 2 knees before you get the chance to cement a spot in the seniors
As for his ability we haven't seen anything yet his hardly had a game but in the games I saw he looked OK
I'll 2 & 1/2 years when I attended a charity luncheon and was lucky enough to be seated at the same table as Leigh Matthews along with a fellow magic supporter. As the day rolled on we quizzed Matthews on many things Collingwood mostly relating to his time there as coach but I also asked him directly about Scharenberg his reply was thus
I thought he was the best natural footballer in the draft. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had went #1 had it not been for his feet issues which scared a few clubs off him. He said his belief was that he had that skill you can't coach he had time with ball in hand and made the game look like it stood still at times like a Pendlebury
I hope he's right and I pray the kid gets a free run now and can slot into the side
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Great news, iv'e been wondering how he's going, be nice if he could snag a VFL game or 2 this year.

it would be but highly improbable. i very much doubt we will see him playing in 2016.

The Weed 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:15 am

Don't want to be a one upper but I saw Shaz join in a group exercise a couple of of weeks ago. It was a non contact drill.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 am

To those who say they haven't seen much to impress from his limited time on the park, go back and watch his game in the VFL elimination final last year...KILLED IT across half back/wing. Marked everything that came his way. If he stays fit, you'll be thinking of him in the same way as we do Reid now in defence.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Fantastic news! I know he was touted extremely highly in his draft year and only 'slipped' to us because of the feet issues. With his undoubted natural ability and understanding of the game and the mental toughness to endure and overcome these injuries, he really could be anything.

So we traded next years 1st round draft pick in the Treloar deal, but we get our 1st rounder back, fit and firing Shazza, along with 2 sons of guns... If there is any way we can snag Jonty as well it'll be a happy day!
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:08 pm

John Wren wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

it would be but highly improbable. i very much doubt we will see him playing in 2016.

Happy to see him gradually build fitness, get a full pre-season and play every game next year.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Great news, and seeing we don't get a high draft pick next season, he will be virtually our top draft pick, as he has not played a single game yet, so hes like a brand new top recruit, which makes up for the Treloar deal.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: