Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2015 Ladder & now

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 am
Post subject: The 2015 Ladder & nowReply with quote

1 Fremantle 17-5
What a drop off. I dont know how you can go from minor premiers, favorites for the flag, to being winless for all those weeks. They finally pulled through against Essendon and Brisbane. It would be a horrible time to be a Freo supporter as their window is closed. And they have no flag to show for being such a great side for 3 or 4 years running. Now 16th with a 2-10 record.

2 West Coast 16-1-5
They've already lost the same amount of games from last season. With Priddis showing signs or wear and tear and Nic Nat out for some weeks, the Eagles chance of making another GF could be gone. Their next two are against the Lions and Essendon and should restore some faith in the group. Top 4 is still a chance, but they will rue the loss to the Crows on the weekend. Now 8th on 7-5.

3 Hawthorn 16-6
Still a threat to win the flag. Kangas, Suns, Power & Sydney coming up. My gut feel is that they'll miss out on top 4, but what a team they have been. 5 PFs in a row, 4 GFs in a row, three flags and still in the running this year. We can only dream of such success. Now 5th on 9-3

4 Sydney 16-6
Not much to say here. They have been consistent and are a huge chance to take out the flag. Some injuries might hurt them on the run home. Now 3rd on 9-3.

5 Richmond 15-7
A big flop in 2016. Worse than us. Theyd rue the early loss to Melbourne and a close loss to Freo at the MCG, costing them top 4. This year they have plummeted. After dropping that game to us in round 2, they went on to lose another 5 before beating the Swans with a goal after the siren. They were then lucky enough to get Freo and Essendon. This is a team that tells you that things could always be worse. A 36 year wait with 3 finals wins in that same time, then a promising season or two only to be followed up with this putrid season. I honestly believe we have a brighter future than this lot. Now 13th on 5-7.

6 Western Bulldogs 14-8
A flag favorite at the beginning of the season. Injuries have cost them, but they have still recovered to give themselves a good chance to finish in the top 4. A tough draw coming up, but this team has drafted exceptionally well. A 62 year drought, wow. Now 4th on 9-3.

7 Adelaide 13-8 (Played only 21 games) Crying or Very sad
Since we're out of it, I'll hope that the Crows can do it. What a story that would be. I cant really see them going all the way, but maybe if they can snag a top 4 spot. It'd be sweet if they knocked out the Cats on the way too. Razz I think they will pass their total wins from 2015, and good luck to them.Now 7th on 8-4.

8 North Melbourne 13-9
You can only beat who you are drawn to play. The next 5-6 weeks will tell us a lot more about the Roos. My guy feel, is that they'll miss out on the top 4. They have a lot of older players running around and if they miss this chance, it could be glum in the coming years. Now 1st on 10-2.

9 Port Adelaide 12-10
A hard team to judge. They were a rabble in 2011-12. They recovered to beat us in the 2013 EF. They were decent in 2014 and narrowly missed out on 8th spot in 2015. Right now, they could go either way. But looking at their 11-12 seasons, there is some proof that turning things around can happen within a season or two. They just didnt go on with it. Now 9th on 6-6.

10 Geelong 11-1-9 (Played only 21 games)
Cats have recovered nicely from their 2015 season. The addition of Dangerfield has obviously made a huge difference. We did manage to beat this squad only a few weeks ago, dont ask me how. I just hope we can duplicate this in 2017. Now 2nd on 9-3.

11 Greater Western Sydney 11-11
A great turn around. I dont know if they can go all the way, but they are in the running for a top 4 spot. This is where I look at Collingwood and think we should be in this position. Now 6th on 8-4.

12 Collingwood 10-12
Can we get to ten wins this year? Probably not. We had 11 wins in 2014 and will probably be looking at 7-8 wins in 2016. When you look at that, you can understand why people are calling for heads to roll. We need to just try to win as many games as possible and do what needs to be done to make 2017 a year where we achieve more than 12 wins. Now 14th on 4-8.

13 Melbourne 7-15
Need one more win to equal last years total. Dont think they can make the 8, but should be in the running for a top 8 spot in 2017. But as you can see, things can change quickly. They have a few contract concerns to deal with too. a 50+ year drought. Now 10th on 6-6.

14 St Kilda 6-1-15
Another hard to judge. They fell and fell hard after coming so close in 09 & 10. They have plenty of older players running around and its hard to see them making a push for the top 8 for a few more years, but they should at least get more wins than their last season. Now 12th on 5-7.

15 Essendon 6-16
You think being a Pie is tough at the moment? They have been through hell in recent times. No final wins for over ten years and how many years of WADA scandals? They'll improve next year, but they wont be making the 8. If we get to the stage where Essendon pass us, Nicks will completely implode. They'll be hoping to avoid the Spoon. Its possible they might sneak another win or two with the Suns and Lions coming up. Now LAST on 1-11.

16 Gold Coast 4-1-17
Not much to see here. If they arent going to go anywhere with Gaz in the team, they are not going to do anything for a long time. They should still be able to better their total wins from last year, something we probably wont do. Now 15th on 3-9.

17 Brisbane Lions 4-18
This club is going nowhere fast. I cant see them equalling their total wins from last year, which is fkn shocking. They will win the spoon if they lose to Essendon later in the year. Now SECOND LAST on 1-11.

18 Carlton 4-18
Dont know wether to laugh or cry. They won the spoon last year, but have shown great improvements this year. Finals are still far off, but this season has given their fans hope. Still proof that things can turn around, even for the rabble clubs. Now 11th on 6-6.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: